WvW - Ring shouldn't matter for capture

in Suggestions

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

Why is standing in the ring the number 1 most important factor deciding whether or not you get XP for a tower/keep/camp capture?

Why can someone run in at the last minute having contributed NOTHING to the effort, and get credit. Meanwhile, the commander (not me in the situation I’m thinking of right now which just occured on DB) can fight through outer and inner gate of hills, DOWN the champion but not make it into the ring due to fighting opponents, and get zero credit.

It doesn’t make sense to me. It boggles my mind. The ring should be used to capture a point, but it shouldn’t matter whether you are there or not for you to get credit. If you aided (kill enemies in the area, attacking walls/gates with siege etc…) you should get credit. Period. End of story. No debate.

in Suggestions

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Because everyone knows that most people go to WvW just to sit idle waiting for others to open the ring?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

If your commander did all that stuff, he would certainly have got credit. The only reason he wouldn’t is if he was disconnected when the keep was capped. Who was this?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Why are you pulling the lord out of his circle?

in Suggestions

Posted by: drwookie.6391

drwookie.6391

If your commander did all that stuff, he would certainly have got credit. The only reason he wouldn’t is if he was disconnected when the keep was capped. Who was this?

He was never disconnected. He led the attack on hills from outer to inner. He was on the upper ledge inside the Lord’s room in hills, got xp when the Lord was killed (who was also in that upper area) and then continued fighting up there. He wasn’t in the ring, and got no credit.

It’s not like this is the first time I’ve seen this. It happens to be all the time. WIthout fail you are guaranteed credit if you make it in the ring, even if you were afk the whole time…but god forbid you leave the ring to perhaps fight enemies to keep them from entering the ring…and it’s like gambling to find out whether you get credit. I’ve taken 3 towers in a row with no credit because I try to stay at the gate to keep people from getting in.

It’s a messed up system.