WvW Should NOT Be A Part Of PvE World Completion

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

This page bugged and can’t display for me without this post for some reason, sry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

wvw is pve
pve is wvw

I don’t agree with that. In WvWvW your foes are other Players which definitely places it in the realm of PvP. It might be pseudo-PvP, but it is still fighting other Players.

Agreed 100% with the OP. Players who love PvE and don’t like PvP are annoyed and really don’t want to be in WvW. Players who love WvW probably don’t want the explorers/pedestrians in there anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aldric the Slayer.5784

Aldric the Slayer.5784

I agree with the overwhelming consensus. This needs to be separated from PvE completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

One little nitpick that’s in the thread title itself. “World” completion. If you want to complete the world common sense says you have to do everything in it. Sure it’s a little annoying that you have to wait for your server to capture some of the spots if you want an easy time of it with no PvP whatsoever involved, but it’s part of the world so whatchagonnado. Personally I’m just thankful they didn’t make sPvP required for world completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nevarato.3178

Nevarato.3178

Completely agree. Even though i’ve have no problem with it, there’s no reason for it, and just creates unnecessary problems and server hopping for players on lower population servers. Your exploration of the world shouldn’t be dictated, controlled or dependent on other players. Just as dungeons don’t count towards world exploration.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

This is like saying that even though I have been to every city in the real world, because I haven’t been to heaven yet I can’t complete my world mapping achievement.

The Mists are not part of the world, they are a conduit between the worlds with some construct areas for beating the hell out of each other for the amusement of the gods.

Separate the pve, pvp, and wvw to their own achievement categories. Mapping of the world should be limited to the tangible world (including Southsun cove).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Techstriker.4130

Techstriker.4130

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe Anet also said Legendaries would be entirely soloable, difficult, but soloable. Requiring WvW for world completion, which is required for legendaries, makes them entirely NOT soloable.

(Due to wvw completion I’ve never tried for a legendary, so correct me if there are other anti-solo hurdles, just my 2-cents)

in Suggestions

Posted by: cova.8264

cova.8264

wvw is pve
pve is wvw

I don’t agree with that. In WvWvW your foes are other Players which definitely places it in the realm of PvP. It might be pseudo-PvP, but it is still fighting other Players.

Agreed 100% with the OP. Players who love PvE and don’t like PvP are annoyed and really don’t want to be in WvW. Players who love WvW probably don’t want the explorers/pedestrians in there anyway.

Yes there is pvp in wvw, but winning can be achieved exclusively by completing pve objectives so it kinda makes it pve.

Someone also said that this forces people to server transfer… i finished wvw about 5 days ago, never changed server, i fought for it for 4 weeks, no once forced me to do anything.
I wanted world completion so i did it, if you don’t think the reward is worth the effort, then simply don’t do it. If the developers just removed every thing that bothers someone we would probably get to the point where we would get monthly by simply logging in once a month, legendaries would drop from story mission lvl1 etc

(edited by cova.8264)

in Suggestions

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

WvW is part of the world so, you need to do this for the little star next to your name. It’s the one achievement that is immediately noticeable wherever you go so, it should be a little more of a pain in the butt to get.

As for monthly stuff – each aspect of the game should have it’s own requirements
PvE (Gives general rewards/crafting/recipe for your highest job skill)
Dungeon (dungeon coins or dungeon type stuff)
PvP (PvP points/rewards/tourney tickets)
WvW (Badges/karma/siege)

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xandora.9401

Xandora.9401

So if I can get into the server that has the last 4 locations I need, I won’t lose my Map Completion from the Server I am on?? (figured wouldn’t hurt to ask, been at 99% for a month now)

in Suggestions

Posted by: dpdropout.7308

dpdropout.7308

+1 to the original post. I absolutely detest pvp, will never do it, don’t want to spend 1 second in it, yet this game forces me into it not only for a monthly reward but also for getting a special legendary weapon skin.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marche.8123

Marche.8123

I have to say that I too would’ve agreed to this a few weeks ago.
What changed is that I completed the whole PvE world and went to WvWvW lacking pretty much everything there. From there on I checked our current ownings whenever I logged on and in a few days I got most of the place done. Sure some take waiting and I still am waiting for 3 POIs and 2 Vistas, but I’m certain I’ll be getting them some time soon so I’m just being patient.

And while I’ve been at it, I’ve found that WvWvW is actually rather fun. Just the other day I had the most awesome experience by keeping a tower with just a handful people in the capture zone against a zerg of enemies.
So my suggestion to everyone is: Give WvWvW a chance, it’s not as bad as you might think.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

WvW is part of the world[…]

No, it is not.

WvW happens in the Mists. “The World” is “Tyria”, not “The Mists”.

All PvP maps are also in the mists, but they do not count towards 100%.

Because they are not in the world. Because the Mists are not the world.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eiken.8072

Eiken.8072

WvW should have it’s own daily/monthly section, the same as PvE and PvP do. Replace WvW kills in PvE with running a couple of dungeons or something?

Eykz
Pure White [pW]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alsonia.4753

Alsonia.4753

I just don’t agree with non circulating colors on the map. Blackgate is stuck as Green spawn in T2 and will continue to be Green Spawn in WvW and outside of our night crew? Capping Veloka’s Slope is kitten near impossible.

Considering Velokas is honestly the most easily defended position on the map and arguably the hardest point for green to cap on the map. It just so happens Veloka’s PoI and Vista are the only two things I need for 100% map completion on my Warrior… which I might add; I play WvW almost exclusively.

Unfortunately being the GM of a small WvW based guild and Blackgate being full all the time; it’s pretty much not even a thing to suggest me transferring on and off just for world completion and honestly you shouldn’t HAVE to. People complain about the staleness of matchups and getting world completion in WvW. If they just swapped the colors around instead of the matchups spawning the teams at the same location week after week; they could not only stop the monotony of WvW but appease the PvE players going for map completion.

Gloria Taril | Guardian of [ICoa]
Repping Beastgate since day 1.

(edited by Alsonia.4753)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Macfut.3591

Macfut.3591

From what I’ve seen both sides make good pts. For my part I enjoy both PvE and WvWvW, but I have to side with the OP here. The reasons:
1. The main reason is that the way it is now is incredibly unfair to those on bad Wv3 servers.
Legendaries are about the player achieving something butt clenchingly hard (a la Mad King’s Tower), not about being lucky enough to be on a decent server. The level of difficulty is not equal for everyone as things are. I am on a server that is dominating Wv3, but if anything I feel sorry for those we’re up against . Every time I check (daily) we have 90-100% of EB and our home map, and we’re usually chewing on 20% of the other two maps as well. Any explorers from other servers seen are instantly killed for loot, or worse, just laughs.
2. The way things are now encourages server transfers.
3. The way things are now causes clogging of maps with non-Wv3 playing explorers. My server has that problem daily.
4. PvEers already have to go to Wv3 to get the 500 Badges necessary for the Legendary, monthlies, and sometimes even just for karma. No additional incentive is really needed to get them to give participating in Wv3 a try.
5. 3 of the maps are just copies of each other, hardly “exploring.” At least if Exploration required fullfilling each path of each dungeon, it would be a different experience each time (though that requirement would be unfair to those who hate dungeons).
6. Lore wise the Mists aren’t part of the rest of the world, as previously mentioned
7. Some arguments for keeping the Wv3 exploration requirement could easily be applied to the PvP as well. PvP is part of the game too, and arguably the devs wanted to focus more on PvP than PvE for the game, yet PvP is completely unrequired for the exploration completion and Legendaries.

I agree somewhat with those saying that Wv3 is more like PvP than PvE, having played a bit of both. In PvE you don’t get a charr teabagging your dead corpse. What is the player “versus” in Wv3? A server, aka a crap ton of people that would love to kill you for loot, or worse, just the schadenfreude. Admittedly, some of the time they’re just running supplies, etc., but the primary opponent of the Player is other Players, aka PvP. Which isn’t to say it is PvP. Its a hybrid of PvP and PvE, just more PvP than PvE.

I agree with those saying not to make it easier to get Legendaries and World Complet, though. It doesn’t mean squat if everyone has it. Just level the playing field, so being lucky to be on a good server doesn’t determine your ability to get the last 3%. If anything, level it so that it is harder, but in a different, fairer way.

I would suggest limiting the Wv3 map completion to EB and homemap. For Wv3, other requirements that more directly encourage Wv3 participation but don’t rely on being on a good server, like helping to successfully capture XX major structures, could be in place instead. In addition, PvE requirements like completing all dungeons could be added to maintain overall difficulty level, or something. I dunno. But I do feel things have to change.

Not to troll or anything, but I suspect most of those opposing changing the requirement are those who either are not on a bad Wv3 server, got Wv3 completion already, got a legendary already, and/or are not very interested in world completion or Legendaries. I suspect they subconsciously just want to prevent anybody else from getting it in order to make their achievements more exclusive, don’t realize how hard it is for everyone else not as fortunate, and/or have different priorities than players who are gunning for completion and/or Legendaries.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Paper Animal.2471

Paper Animal.2471

I understand for some servers its harder to get the WvW achievements than it is on others. That being said I DO NOT think WvW maps should be removed from world complete. WvW just isnt that bad..
If you’re having a hard time getting a keep or tower to get the poi inside, maybe run with a WvW guild for a few days and help them take it. I bet you’ll even get your monthly done!
If your server is low pop and you never see anyone in WvW, perhaps you should consider moving servers for the week.
Players who spend the majority of their time in WvW or sPvP dont ask that all PvE zones should be taken out of their world complete because they don’t like it, or have a hard time doing it or rah rah rah.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quaz.4931

Quaz.4931

A common misunderstanding. WvW is not part of the WORLD at all, it is within the mists. Lore wise it makes no sense for an explorer of the physical world of Tyria to have to explore the mists (a different universe) before he can safely say he has explored all of the world.

I have the title, and I still encourage Anet to change it. Make it so you have to explore dungeons for cryin out loud – it would be harder (I think) but make much more sense and not interfere with PvP.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Hi everyone I HATE the fact that World vs World part of world completion i don’t what to ever play PvP or WvW but i want to have 100% world completion so i’m forced to play WvW witch i’m NOT happy about it should be a diffident world completion so that players only want to do is PvE don’t have to do WvW to get 100% world completion

hello! please avoid WvW if you hate it.

please remember that if you want a 100% world completion you will need to explore the WvW maps!

also, you are not forced to play WvW! please remember that also.

thanks!

so i guess getting killed while going there to complete it doesn’t count as playing it? yeah try again. That’s the whole point of this thread.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rockhorn.2376

Rockhorn.2376

+1 to this thread, I’ve been stuck on 97% map completion for weeks, because my server can’t do anything in WvWvW.

Rockhorn Stonehide – Far Shiverpeaks

“Run to your false gods, we have tanks.”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

So you are the guy I keep killing while I camp the skillpoint in my borderlands. He doesn’t even fight back, just tries to walk away.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

+1

My computer sucks. It barely runs PvE on the lowest graphics and it just doesn’t run WvW at all really. The only time I ever see other players rendered on my screen is when they are dancing over my corpse, and because of this I can’t get legendary weapons? It really sucks that I can’t get the best stuff in the game just because my computer won’t run WvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Agree,
I have world complete and really hate all aspects of pvp, also do not see the point at all of 3 clone maps in wvw to get it. Even drop it to home boarder and eternal, would still hate it but would make slightly more sense.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dredlockrasta.8269

Dredlockrasta.8269

It’s threads like these that make me laugh. People getting legendaries just to sit around in LA and stroke their Epeen, crying about exploring WvW being part of the crafting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

WvW should not be part of the map completion. This is just a bad decision on Anet’s part. No need to justify why it isn’t appropriate to include “the mists” in the world Explorer title. It isn’t appropriate because many PvE players do not want to play PvP. In spite of what other posters have maintained, WvW is PvP. Generally there are PvE and PvP players – some do both, but many do not. It alienates PvE players to be forced to play the game in a manner they do not want to play the game in order to reach a relatively basic achievement. I haven’t been into PvP since I got out of high school (maybe college – lets just say that was a long time ago) and to say the least it irks me to have to go to WvW in order to get the full Explorer title. I’m annoyed that I cannot simply focus on playing the game in manner I want to play it without worrying about being jumped by a bunch of PvP zergs or having to develop a “team” to go take someone’s “castle or keep or waypoint or whatever” or to lurk and leach off a team that is doing that. I think Anet needs change this situation by:

1) Removing WvW from the Explorer/Map Completion title; or
2) Allow players to enter the WvzW environment as an “Explorer” – monsters could hit you, players could not, etc.; or
3) Introduce an “Armistice Day” each year in which the the WvW maps become PvE maps and everyone can go everywhere.

My suspicion is that if Anet were to implement option 3 the flood of players into WvW will tell them exactly how questionable their initial decision was. Honestly, this isn’t enough to make me “rage quit” the game, but it truly annoys me and mars and otherwise very good game.

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

in Suggestions

Posted by: Arrow.4619

Arrow.4619

It’s threads like these that make me laugh. People getting legendaries just to sit around in LA and stroke their Epeen, crying about exploring WvW being part of the crafting.

You make me laugh. I have zero interest in crafting a Legendary weapon. That is unless Anet makes them something much more than just the same as an Exotic weapon with a different skin. Anet puts way too much emphasis on players pursuing appearances rather than character accomplishments and improvements .

Nerf Shadow Arts condition cleanse. Gut the
Acrobatics trait line. Then sell it back
to them for $50. Brilliant! – ghost of P.T. Barnum

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ariaka.2194

Ariaka.2194

Separate world completion from WvWvW
And never mix up PVE achievements whit PVP.

I Don’t like PVP I hate the play style.
Having me in WvWvW will only hurt the players that likes WvWvW.

I am in it for one goal to get the completion and never ever return.

I only try to get the pois, waypoints and vistas.

The only fun moment so far in WvWvW was when me and a “enemy” was obvious there for the same vista. he wasn’t hostile so I ignored him and was taking a look at the vista and was giving him a /bow and he saluted and we run of.
But that is so far the only fun moment in WvWvW for me.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nefar.8135

Nefar.8135

It doesn’t’ say PVE world completion.. it says world completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

Personally, I do not enjoy pvp. I will visit WvWvW on occasion but only to see what is going on. Rarely do I ever engage in a battle.

I won’t get the world map completion because of this. However, on another note, we definitely provided some comedy for some folks.

When my Ranger needed to get the wolf, a few guild mates pulled together a group just to go get that pet. It was hilarious because we all were not wearing our armor and the word spread like wildfire.

First time through we did not run into many enemy players, but I think the “naked players are running” news got broadcasted all over the area. Next couple of times through we actually had to beg some of our more seasoned pvp players to come protect us so we could actually get the pets for all the rangers in the group.

I think our own pvp players got a big kick out of this, I am certain the enemy players were laughing their butts off as well while they slayed us.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Anuka.5876

Anuka.5876

I have the issue atm that I’m going to have to server transfer to a server with a high WvWvW pop JUST to get 100% map completion. It’s ridiculous. I should not have to do this. I shouldn’t have to set foot in WvWvW to get 100% map completion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eddesil.9387

Eddesil.9387

WvW is fun enjoyable, but not as part of world exploration. It is impossible to get certain points in WvW without breaking down doors you need twenty plus people to do. Or more. I don’t see how anyone else has anything to do with your personal goal of getting a legendary. If the areas you needed were not blocked off completely, I could see it MAYBE working ok. At least then you have a chance at it. Even if your on a server that isn’t dominating 24/7. But as it is, it needs to be removed or fixed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: SilverThorn.5047

SilverThorn.5047

Don’t really find that big of a deal that WM completion require entering WvW/PvP zone, i mean if you know the safe zones and are quick enough it might just cost you a few deaths (dungeons do so too). However, its pitiful if you just turn your tail and run in those zones without a fight, (players are just champion monsters :P).

If you find it too difficult, communicate with people on the map and move in groups, i am a hardcore PVE and casual PVP player and i enjoy both of these in GW2. cheers ^^

PS: Also there are guilds that work on similar goals and an option to switch servers if you think yours is really bad.

Main: Silverthorn Ventus – swift as the wind, sharp as a thorn
Alt: Mulciber Ironbarrel – The fire creates as much as it destroys

(edited by SilverThorn.5047)

in Suggestions

Posted by: I Goof Em.6873

I Goof Em.6873

i agree, take this out, as well as jumping puzzle. They are heavily distracting to the main objective. Lots of PvErs come in, and fill up the queue, and don’t contribute, but instead are doing these things.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weebitt.3157

Weebitt.3157

Totally agree with this post. I’ve tried World a few times, and it’s just not my cup of tea. Making World part of the completion is non-sensical because it’s not PvE.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eternis.1746

Eternis.1746

I agree, mostly because Crystal Desert has faced IoJ and FA for the past month and one or two odd weeks and there are a few points that we have no been able to take from one map that is preventing about 5 people I know from getting world completion.

For some stupid reason, each week the map is not being randomized because we’re facing the same servers. Great.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IVeracityI.8936

IVeracityI.8936

My map just says “World Completion” not “PVE World Completion.”

Essentially, this. It’s to encourage you to at least -try- all aspects of the game. To give PvE players a reason to be in WvW, so that it doesn’t become a competition of what server has the most PvPers.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Looney Ranger.2951

Looney Ranger.2951

+1 to this suggestion. World mapping is pure PvE and WvW is NOT PvE no matter how anet wants to argue about it. I have also made a few suggestions on this topic.

“There can be only one!” Except for Anet splitting the community in two.

in Suggestions

Looney Ranger.2951

Essentially, this. It’s to encourage you to at least -try- all aspects of the game. To give PvE players a reason to be in WvW, so that it doesn’t become a competition of what server has the most PvPers.

To encourage is to imply players are sheep. Everyone has their preference. PvE’ers dont do PvP for a reason. They would very much appreciate it if anet didn’t “encourage” them. WvW is very badly thought out for PvE. At the end of the day it’s to try to get as many people to buy glory boosts as possible. It is a marketing scam that targets PvE’ers. Contrary to corperate thinking, players are individuals with singular taste and preference, not sheep to be spoon fed a product they do not want, need or desire.

in Suggestions

Looney Ranger.2951

It doesn’t’ say PVE world completion.. it says world completion.

Thats just nitpicking. mapping is 100% PvE. Oh and if your REEEEAAAALLLY want to nit pick?…. WvW is in the mists not in the world.

in Suggestions

Posted by: IVeracityI.8936

IVeracityI.8936

To encourage is to imply players are sheep. Everyone has their preference. PvE’ers dont do PvP for a reason. They would very much appreciate it if anet didn’t “encourage” them. WvW is very badly thought out for PvE. At the end of the day it’s to try to get as many people to buy glory boosts as possible. It is a marketing scam that targets PvE’ers. Contrary to corperate thinking, players are individuals with singular taste and preference, not sheep to be spoon fed a product they do not want, need or desire.

Why would you -buy- Glory boosts when the PvP Daily achievements give them? Furthermore, why would you use them in WvW when you don’t gain Glory there?

I’m not particularly big on GW2’s PvP system myself, but I still like the change of pace now and then. Individual tastes are true, but passing it off as a marketing scheme just because it’s getting you to move outside of the box now and then is a bit coarse.

This game is built around variety. Trait builds. Weapon sets. Profession/Racial skills. The entire plethora of potential activities. The encouragement is to continue on that trend. To tell players not that they’re doing wrong, but that it’s worth trying other things even when you’re content, because you may be pleasantly surprised when you stumble across something that works better for you than your last attempt.

Not to mention… WvW isn’t -that- hard to complete. Time consuming, yeah, but if you really don’t want to participate, the big fight locations aren’t too difficult to predict – and a decent amount of the “OMG SUDDENLY I GOT 12v1’d” happenings are an actual attack force going from A to B. Inevitable if alone, due to the game time, but the maps are big enough that you’ll probably get past them on take two.

No, you won’t be able to 100% all four maps overnight, but all that means is you either need patience, or maybe the desire to open up /t or /m and see where you can help out most. Even if it is just following a Commander to zerg around for a little while.

in Suggestions

Looney Ranger.2951

Why would you -buy- Glory boosts when the PvP Daily achievements give them? Furthermore, why would you use them in WvW when you don’t gain Glory there?

I’m not particularly big on GW2’s PvP system myself, but I still like the change of pace now and then. Individual tastes are true, but passing it off as a marketing scheme just because it’s getting you to move outside of the box now and then is a bit coarse.

This game is built around variety. Trait builds. Weapon sets. Profession/Racial skills. The entire plethora of potential activities. The encouragement is to continue on that trend. To tell players not that they’re doing wrong, but that it’s worth trying other things even when you’re content, because you may be pleasantly surprised when you stumble across something that works better for you than your last attempt.

Not to mention… WvW isn’t -that- hard to complete. Time consuming, yeah, but if you really don’t want to participate, the big fight locations aren’t too difficult to predict – and a decent amount of the “OMG SUDDENLY I GOT 12v1’d” happenings are an actual attack force going from A to B. Inevitable if alone, due to the game time, but the maps are big enough that you’ll probably get past them on take two.

No, you won’t be able to 100% all four maps overnight, but all that means is you either need patience, or maybe the desire to open up /t or /m and see where you can help out most. Even if it is just following a Commander to zerg around for a little while.

Sorry I probably didn’t make my point all that clear. The idea to “encourage” players in WvW is to try to get them into PvP and therefore play PvP maps where they WILL want to by glory boosts as the daily freebee only lasts 1 hour.

Your point for using chat to help would be valid IF PvP’ers gave a rats kitten Believe me I have tried and when I DO get an answer, for the most part (though not always I have to say) it’s unhelpful and/or insulting. Generally PvP players take a dim view of PvE players on the map trying to achieve PvE achievements. And who can blame them. PvE players generally don’t contribute when trying to map or do jumping puzzles. It nothing to do with them.

Oh and for “getting me to move outside the box”???? Yeah ok I like the box, I don’t want to move outside it and I DON’T want to be MADE to do it as you say…. I never asked for that. I am quite happy as well as many many others with the PvE side of things because it’s just a lot more interresting and we do not need to stroke our egos.

Don’t get me wrong I do like variety and I at least RESPECT others who have their own preference who doesn’t force it onto me. Bottom line is this. It’s a bad move to mix PvE with PvP.

(edited by Looney Ranger.2951)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jiiub.7135

Jiiub.7135

+1

keep Pve out of WvWvW, get rid of jumping puzzles and PvE events. these people take up the very limited player spots..

Rorgash
Necromancer
[IRON] Gaming

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinister Syx.9451

Sinister Syx.9451

Oh I got around this very easy…I just went to the server that I needed to complete and after the 7 day(vacation time I call it) I just go back to my home server. if your in a guild it’s no big deal, if your a guild leader then you’ll want to hand leadership over to some one you truely trust who’ll handed it back to ya when you return. see simple

in Suggestions

Posted by: Chihaya Lavender.2930

Chihaya Lavender.2930

The original post stated that “WvW Should NOT Be A Part Of PvE World Completion.”

In its present configuration I must agree with this. Before I give you my two cents I’d like to share just a bit of history.
I am a Guild Wars One player of 5+ years and 5000 + hours, Guild Lord, player of seven different professions, finished Prophecies, Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North and part of Guild Wars Beyond seven times over. Titles, miniatures galore, but the one title I cherish the most is the seven Legendary Cartographer titles I hold. Yes that means I explored Tyria 7 times and enjoyed every last moment of it for the most part. A Tyria that is more than what you in GW2 have seen, I figure you’re seeing about 30-40% of the GW1 world at this time.

The Cartographer titles were also done quite differently as well

Continuing the history for just a bit it should be noted that to get this title you had to explore the PvP areas of Jade Quarry and Fort Aspenwood. Also in Nightfall there was the infamous Dynastic Tombs (Complete exploration of this area will yield about 1.8% to the Elonian Cartographer title track.) which if you read the mission description was not all that easy to accomplish.

Now we have GW2 which I’m happy to admit I was chosen as an Original Beta tester for, unfortunately those original test were few and then the “Beta Weekends” started. Being a PvE player I concentrated on those areas and left WvW / PvP to itself.

My surprise came when I hit 92% and realized that the last 8% was in WvW. It was off to WvW to get an eye opening experience. Here the game makers had incorporated all the dangers of Dynastic Tombs and thrown in players operating under mob rule. If you like that kind of a challenge, good for you. I have to admit I left fairly disappointed.

I’ve read this thread fairly often and if the developers read this then I’d like to make a suggestion:

Since WvW is considered to be in the mist, just as Eye of the North was considered an expansion package and not included in the Legendary Cartographer title. I suggest you use an area that already exists such as Southsun Cove, a level 80 only area, crawling with enough challenges to rival WvW and make that part of the World since it is on the Worlds surface and let WvW enjoy what ever they do there. To those who managed to finish WvW exploration give them a separate title. Just as exploration of EoN contributes to the Master of the North title.

For the rest of us give us a break will ya? I really wonder how many of the PvE and WvW players are satisfied with this present arrangement.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

While in general I’m of the opinion of several others in this thread (map completion is map completion, not “PvE only map completion”), I have to say that with the revised server transfer system this is a bit problematic.

Some of the explore points in WvW are nigh-unobtainable depending on which quadrant of the map your server is on. This isn’t a problem in and of itself, except that it’s very possible for servers to retain the same WvW color (and therefore placement) for weeks to months.

Which, again, isn’t a problem alone, except for the fact that it now costs money to transfer servers. And you’d get hit with a double-bill if you wanted to return to your home server.

All of that said, it’s very possible that some of the upcoming WvW changes will address any of the constituent components of the issue above.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adul.1520

Adul.1520

Definitely remove WvW maps from world completion. Including them was a bad attempt at forcing PvE players to try your cool new PvP format, and it didn’t work. I’m a PvE player and I hate WvW, precisely because I feel I’ve been pressured into playing it. I did give it a fair chance, though, and I genuinely didn’t like it.

And now that sever transfers cost money, this has the stink of a blatant money grab attempt, to boot. You’re discriminating against players on your weaker servers, people who have never had the desire to play PvP in GW2. Shame on you, Anet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

I don’t know why the wubwub counts for completion if Heart of the Mists doesn’t (nor do the pois in dungeons, actually).

Just make WvW completion its own thing unrelated to world completion. Completing the maps mostly just gives you stuff only usable there anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

WvW is one ways ANet is trying to replace “end-game”.

It’s pretty obvious when one of the rewards for finishing your story is a WvW siege weapon blueprint. :P

It’s considered PvE because they want you to consider WvW part of your open world experience. Iffy, yes, but not unreasonable.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brennus.1435

Brennus.1435

This is just like the threads about the monthlies and dailies. “I hate dungeons, they should not be part of the dailies or montlies!!!!” Why? Because you hate them? Deal with them. Nobody is making you get the monthly or daily, or that map completion. You needed wvw for map completion from the very beginning, it’s not some new change. Do something you hate, for a good reward? Welcome to life.

“Everyone is born a 5 signet Warrior,
what we become later only depends
on how hard we try and how good we want to become.” -HannaDeFreitas

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adul.1520

Adul.1520

Do something you hate, for a good reward? Welcome to life.

Yeah, I’m not going to do that. I have to do plenty of things I hate in life as it stands, I have no desire to play a game I hate playing. So my map completion will remain at 92% (or whatever), and it will stay there, mocking me every time I log into the game or open the map. Good job, ArenaNet.