WvW Zerging Fix

WvW Zerging Fix

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

Fact: the server to form the biggest zerg wins battles in WvW.

The “Outmanned” buff doesn’t address the problem. The only way to balance population in WvW is to introduce a dynamic queue size.

Suppose the Eternal Battlegrounds is populated as such:

World 1: 200 players
World 2: 75 players
World 3: 50 players

It’s clear which world is going to dominate. Now, if the maximum allowed players were throttled or adjusted based on the average plus 25% of World 2 and 3, World 1 would only be allowed to have ~100 players.

As it currently stands, these massive population imbalances are creating an extremely unbalanced game. The end result is a snowball effect where guilds get tired of getting rolled by huge zergs and end up moving and creating a larger snowball.

WvW Zerging Fix

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

I agree that currently it is indeed ‘’biggest zerg wins’‘. We see that on our server now, we always loose our BL because the other server has Asian guilds and we don’t.

Strategy is only importnat when the numbers are more-or-less equal, which only happens at peek hours, where there are queues for everyone.

I always thought, in any game, that there are two ways of fixing this:
- a buff
- NPCS

- A buff would be nice, if done in different steps (for example you get buff A when they have 10% more people, buff B when theyhave 20% more and so on) and not like ‘’all or nothing’’ like it is now. When you are with 20 people versus 50, this buff doesn’thelp at all.

- With the NPCs, they added the outbreak commander, which is a good thing. But this is only for offensive.

I think there should also be some sort of extra NPC group in keeps & garrison when the enemy outmans you, like 5 extra-though-NPCs at Lord room or so.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

WvW Zerging Fix

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

If my suggestion is implemented, it will introduce extremely long queues on the worlds that are notorious for 24/7 zergs — which would make a lot of guilds move to underpopulated worlds. This is a win-win in my book.