WvW is not PvE

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: heyoldguy.2578

heyoldguy.2578

One of the things that was stated about Guild Wars 2 before I bought it was that “it will enable all playing styles.” Some of us prefer no PvP, and that includes WvW. Using WvW items in the PvE daily does not always leave doable choices for some classes. WvW is more suitable as PvP choices, or perhaps they deserve their own daily category.

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Oh come on.

Every day you get 11 choices, of which at most 3 are WvW relating.

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Oh come on.

Every day you get 11 choices, of which at most 3 are WvW relating.

3 are always WvW related, 1 is always gathering, 1 is always daily kills/daily kill variety/daily XXX killer.

You have 8 choices of PvE achievements, and unless you’re trying to be a leaderboard completionist, there is no excuse. If you are trying to be a leaderboard completionist, then you should know that you need to just suck it up and work your butt off.

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: DracosBlackwing.3174

DracosBlackwing.3174

@ Olba.5376:

The OP has a point. WvW isn’t PvE, plain and simple. It is, in my opinion, forced PvP. I know, how can they force a PvE player to do PvP? Two words.

Map Completion. You can’t complete the map uless you explore not just one WvW map completely… but ALL THREE. Combine it with daily and monthly achievements, and the game pretty much makes you do PvP in order to get the best things.

I’m all for the idea of being made to work for what I want, but if I don’t want to PvP, then I really shouldn’t have to. If that aspect of the game had been put forward from the beginning… that in order to play the game I would have to PvP… then I might have been considerably less interested in buying this game, and I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one who feels this way.

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: DracosBlackwing.3174

DracosBlackwing.3174

@ Esplen.3940:

Kinda goes against the concept of “this game supports all play styles” then, doesn’t it?

Telling me I have to “suck it up” isn’t exactly “supporting my play style”. It’s telling me I HAVE to play in some manner AGAINST my play style, or tough luck.

In order for this game to live up to it’s promise of “supporting all game styles” it needs to make it so all things are accessible… not necessarily EASILY accessible, but accessible… to all style of play.

To put it even more clearly, if I don’t want to or like to PvP, I don’t have to, and should be able to get almost anything someone who does like and want to PvP can get. I say almost because there are some rewards I would think would be specifically attributed to PvP that a non PvP player shouldn’t expect to get.

But that should be all.

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

@ Esplen.3940:

Kinda goes against the concept of “this game supports all play styles” then, doesn’t it?

Telling me I have to “suck it up” isn’t exactly “supporting my play style”. It’s telling me I HAVE to play in some manner AGAINST my play style, or tough luck.

In order for this game to live up to it’s promise of “supporting all game styles” it needs to make it so all things are accessible… not necessarily EASILY accessible, but accessible… to all style of play.

To put it even more clearly, if I don’t want to or like to PvP, I don’t have to, and should be able to get almost anything someone who does like and want to PvP can get. I say almost because there are some rewards I would think would be specifically attributed to PvP that a non PvP player shouldn’t expect to get.

But that should be all.

Being a completionist is trying to achieve everything. If you’re trying to achieve everything, you should be willing to do everything. If you aren’t trying to achieve everything, you don’t need to get the WvW achievements. It’s that simple.

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I don’t think it goes against the promise of “supporting all game styles” at all.
I mean, it’s like hating dungeons and wanting the achievements related to them. There are achievements for all kinds of player, and that’s what “supporting all game styles” mean, but if you want them all because you want to be a leaderboard completionist, then you must do things that you do not particularly enjoy. Being on the top of the leaderboards means participating on every aspect of the game, and in my opinion, that’s how it should be.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

omg why such whines for NOTHING…

WvW is not PvE

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hrugner.1346

Hrugner.1346

You can usually kill Dolyaks and capture way points without encountering players, hell getting underwater kills is easiest in wvw as well since they’re all clumped up and you can port in to wvw from anywhere. I also felt that somedays there weren’t enough daily things for a solo playing pve player, but I also didn’t expect a game to appeal to my very narrow play style.

I avoided wvw for a long time not wanting to pvp, but it ended up being easy to avoid once I got there and fun when I finally started to hunt for it.

My wvw impression is based off of Fissure of Woe, a low ranked wvw realm, so it could just be where you’re playing.