It DESTROYS existing communities as they get overrun by the new comers
and the evitable tide of bandwagon riders

It DESTROYS tier balance

I disagree with the complete lack of reward for staying on a server
The mechanics of the game actively encourages you to leave a server
need map completion, transfer
need a better this or a more active that for WvW, transfer
need better buffs for pve, transfer

To provide a reward for server loyalty the following should be implemented on all servers
a WvW queue priority based on the number of weeks an account has been on the server

To protect existing communities on T8 and T7 servers
the following should be implemented on tier 7 and 8 servers
(higher tiers seem to have enough population to naturally enforce this
but if not lower caps there should be considered as well)
Lower the map cap dramatically for T7 and T8
to match the actual number a normal T7 and T8 server can have

This will not disable either lone player transfers or even sudden large WvW player base transfers but will enable the existing community to have some say on how those new transfers are assimilated on the server

I would like to add that WvW lockouts on transfers is not as good an option simply because to make it enough of a barrier you would have to make it quite long and I would not want to lock anyone out of WvW for weeks simply because they transferred servers

Additionally, I would like to add that charging for transfers is also not as good of an option due to guilds funding transfers for their members – several large guilds have already stated if paid transfers go in they will fund any moves for their members. This does not mean they shouldn’t charge for transfers but that it cannot be relied on to protect lower tier server communities

Community should mean something, longevity on server should mean something, WvW should be more than fotm server hopping it should be about community vs community with grudges, friendship, and respect for one another forged in battle in the Mists

WvW player base transfers

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

People keep saying that a large guild transferring to a lower population realm was a problem.

I play on a lower population server (one currently matched against Kaineng if that means anything) and I say it is part of the solution the game needs to stay healthy for years to come. We need more large guilds to choose to transfer from full to lower population servers – not less.

What most people on lower tier servers are afraid of is that the people that transfer will be jerks. I personally think the kind of people that will willing give up spots on the top tier “winning” server are exactly the kind of personalities that would fit with the populations on these servers.

There need to be greater incentives for transferring to/playing on lower population servers. That wil help to create a balance the game needs for long term health.

The problem isnt future tense – its past tense. The real issue was guilds jumping to “winning” servers and creating the imbalance in the first place. If some guilds are willing to begin correcting that imbalance, then we should support them – even if it means a few weeks of uncomfortable matches. The results would be worth it in the long run.

(edited by Blaeys.3102)

in Suggestions

Posted by: kreese.9461

kreese.9461

People keep saying that a large guild transferring to a lower population realm was a problem.

I play on a lower population server (one currently matched against Kaineng if that means anything) and I say it is part of the solution the game needs to stay healthy for years to come. We need more large guilds to choose to transfer from full to lower population servers – not less.

What most people on lower tier servers are afraid of is that the people that transfer will be jerks. I personally think the kind of people that will willing give up spots on the top tier “winning” server are exactly the kind of personalities that would fit with the populations on these servers.

There need to be greater incentives for transferring to/playing on lower population servers. That wil help to create a balance the game needs for long term health.

yes small amounts of transfers over time note my post addresses sudden large guild transfers to T7 and T8 that immediately imbalance the tier and does NOT PREVENT anyone from transferring to any server- it just creates a bias to favor long term veteran WvW players on a given server and caps the map population for a server to something the other servers might have half a chance at matching on at least one map – it is no more fun to totally lock out an opponent than it is to be locked out

(edited by kreese.9461)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Llyrx.3497

Llyrx.3497

The transfer that you are refering too, DE RE and WM on kaineng, was not sudden. It has been over the last month and they didn’t all move at the same time. The main problem is, the second DR wasn’t suppressing Kain with it’s trasnfers, the fact DE moved down as well as player base there already, had an easier time to gain control. WM arrived a week/2weeks after DE and then RE was a week/2weeks after that. A sudden transfer would be if all 3 of us had joined at once.

Kiridono – GL of RE
Overseer of NEO Alliance -www.NeverEndingOdds.com

in Suggestions

kreese.9461

Llyrx, I am not talking about you, your guild, or your server
Did you actually read my suggestions? If anything those suggestions would actually help your guilds on Kaineng as you would get queued ahead of any bandwagon riders – please reconsider you may find you support my suggestion after all

being from HoD i know all too well the effect that bandwagon riders can have

(edited by kreese.9461)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I really don’t see what the problem is- for most t7/t8 servers having more players on could only be a boost. Encouraging more people to try out or return to wvw and hence lifting them out of t7/t8 seems like win/win to me. Server population isn’t really the problem- it’s the apathy that builds up on those servers causing less and less of the population to log into wvw together with a lack of co ordination between guilds and a lack of a server wide TS. People look at the wvw score or enter a map and see their side isn’t winning, and go do something else rather than trying to encourage more people to attend and getting something started.

Personally I loved it when we got a few guildies together and went raiding on the opposition’s BL, taking camps and the occasional tower and forcing them to bring several times our number and helping the score along too- which others then see and are encouraged to join wvw, and the circle begins.

Outnumbered is a challenge not a reason to give up, but it seems for this generation if it’s not handed to them on a plate they will walk away.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Suggestions

kreese.9461

more players in t7 and t8 is fine but should t8 wvw have t4 wvw pop?
so we give it a lower cap that is all
the important thing here is we implement the priority queue so if a said guild goes down to help a low tier server they don’t get queued behind all the bandwagon riders who pop in the week after they see the score on http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raine Akrune.8416

Raine Akrune.8416

I’ve never agreed with having these weekly lockouts for server transfers. We’ve seen plenty of guild leave servers that they helped out of the bottom tiers just to head back down them after finally getting to a server matchup they can’t faceroll. There needs to be a monthly lockout so players and guilds cant up and leave every time the brackets refresh and they want an easier time winning.

Asuran Master Thief/Charr Paladin Extraordinaire
Khan of The Burning Eden [TBE]
www.theburningeden.com