WvW trolls need to be dealt with

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcarus.5012

Marcarus.5012

For the third week our server has a troll who 1) builds siege in a way that inhibits our ability to play effectively, 2) wastes supply, 3) trolls in map chat. Anet, why is nothing being done about this, you must have received dozens or hundreds of reports about this by now? There needs to be a way to suspend some one who uses an account to harass an opposing server. It is completely inexcusable to let this abuse go on this amount of time.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

This is a rant, not a suggestion.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

For ANet to sanction someone, they have to be breaking TOS. If the person is not breaking TOS then there is literally nothing ANet can do that doesn’t open them up to a lawsuit.

http://ncsoft.com/uk/legal/user-agreements/guild-wars-2-rules-of-conduct.php

What specifically is the player doing that is against TOS? If there is something then you can report based on that. If not, then all you can do is make a suggestion in the forum on changes in WvW.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

in Suggestions

Marcarus.5012

Yeah it’s a rant, you bet it is. But also a suggestion to stop someone who is clearly impacting a large number of players and ruining the WvW experience. Just the fact that the guy wastes supply during reset is bad enough. This alone can actually determine the weekly outcome. If there isn’t something in the TOS then that needs to change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Metallus.7690

Metallus.7690

Yeah it’s a rant, you bet it is. But also a suggestion to stop someone who is clearly impacting a large number of players and ruining the WvW experience. Just the fact that the guy wastes supply during reset is bad enough. This alone can actually determine the weekly outcome. If there isn’t something in the TOS then that needs to change.

Ahaha, and how do you intend to “change” the rules?

Let’s say a new player joins wvw to try it out, first experience ever, he picks up supplies and builds random stuff to try, should he get punished for wasting “your” supplies? Should he be forced to read a manual on how to thoroughly play wvw without screwing up before starting to play?

Also, reports like that break the rules and the ones who reported are the ones who are most likely going to be punished.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

While your frustration with someone trying to grief WvW is understandable, what he is doing is not against TOS. There is no way it could be applied to someone taking supplies and building at point A instead of point B. People reporting him for doing so could get their account sanctioned for repeated fraudulent reports, which IS against TOS.

Idk what you can do, realistically speaking. Other than making a discussion in the forum perhaps on how to handle griefing in WvW. Maybe think of a way that restricts people from taking or using supply, in a manner beneficial to the game.

in Suggestions

Marcarus.5012

I would like for Anet to come up with a way for players to report trolls who are blatantly trying to hinder a server from playing the game the way it is intended to be played. This troll is obviously doing this to aid a rival server. Perhaps change the reporting mechanism so that if a percentage of players on a map report someone, they are temporarily suspended until Anet investigates.

This has nothing to do with players who build siege in one place and move on. I’m talking about trolls who spend hours at a time building hundreds on pieces of siege in ways that hinders playing the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

This is nonsense..

If you would want to erase the problem here by its root, then you would truly suggest something, that makes people stop spamming siege weapons …

This problem has multiple roots.

1) The incredible horrible design of WvW Achievements that basically forces people to spam siege items and abuse as miuch as possible the supply system when they want to sefishly work as fast as possible on those achivements to rank up those ones that require used up supplies,. because theres an achievement that ranks up for used supplies when building siege weapons..
So you can’t just say simple that this guy is trolling, when he could just try on working as fast as pssobile to max that achievement only and just is ignoring the fact, that selfishly working on his achievement isn’t good for the own server, if you waste like crazy supplie on siege items or walls that don’t really need to be repaired cause of a wall upgrade being ready very soon …
Also as foreposters have written..theres no TOS violation, so theres no reason for anet to act to do something against that player …
Solution of this problem’s root is only:
REDESIGN FINALLY THE WVW-ACHIEVEMENTS and make them muhc lesser of a terrible grind that brings selfish people to basically work against their own server just to reach their own goals quicker !! We should work all together and reach together our goals without hurting our own server with our actions if whe try to speed up our progress in something …

2)
The next root of the whole problem is… the game allows the spamming of those items.
There is no mechanic like some kind of recharge timer, that stops people from spamming those siege items onto the grounds.
If there would be an recharge timer for wvw items like siege weapons and traps, then would be a great deal of the whole problem be solved in an instant !!

And this would improve group play a tiny bit, because it owuldn#t then be possible for 1 single player what has basically bought stacks of siege items to play the “item giver” which can spam quickly all the needed sieges to allow all others to quickly build up everythign that is needed to smash gates/walls in seconds, but everyone would have to take part, if you want to ensure, that enough siege weapons are simultanously build up quickly enough for a quick surprise attack to claim something as fast as possible without giving the enemy sides time to possibly react, before its already too late….

Last point in my posting is just a tip to the OP.

I’d suggest you to erase all the names out of that picture to “anonymalize” it (god i hope that word even exists so LOL I just guessed it ^^)! Just a tip that I’d follow

Edit: ergh google … hmm, ok, I was near hehe > to make anonymous

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rovaeden.8546

Rovaeden.8546

Hahaha this is fantastic!

I will have to remember this method of ‘helping’ my team next time I am told to “F Off Scrub” when I ask to join a party or ask where I can be of most help.

Maybe you elitist WVW D-bgs could learn a lesson from this and actually be friendly and helpful to players new to WVW for a change.

You can bet your brainless skull that if you ever spit on me again in WVW I am gonna troll your supplies till you run and cry on the forums… kinda like this. LMAO

in Suggestions

Posted by: Neek.9531

Neek.9531

Hahaha this is fantastic!

I will have to remember this method of ‘helping’ my team next time I am told to “F Off Scrub” when I ask to join a party or ask where I can be of most help.

Maybe you elitist WVW D-bgs could learn a lesson from this and actually be friendly and helpful to players new to WVW for a change.

You can bet your brainless skull that if you ever spit on me again in WVW I am gonna troll your supplies till you run and cry on the forums… kinda like this. LMAO

Great, way to stoop down to the age of insecure 11 year old who didn’t get accepted into a party. Mellow out dude either join a wvw guild or simply leave to another map, server, or Zerg. Why act like a 2 year old and waste stuff that hurts your entire server over 2 or 3 kittens that ruined your day. :/

[DI] Main Elementalist: Zepdo, Alts: Warrior, Mesmer,Thief.

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

It’s pretty simple guys just put a cool down on dropping siege of maybe 5-10-15 mins. If said troll continues then you should feel bad that they’d rather enjoy their time slightly annoying people then stop and do something productive and fun like helping the server. And to counter this I would say that commanders get no cool downs so that stuff like stone mist and keeps are still take able. As for map chat, make either shorter chat limit then Pve or allow commanders to temporarily mute people in chat for 10-15 minutes with a 25 minute cool down. And it stacks if multiple commanders do it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rovaeden.8546

Rovaeden.8546

Great, way to stoop down to the age of insecure 11 year old who didn’t get accepted into a party. Mellow out dude either join a wvw guild or simply leave to another map, server, or Zerg. Why act like a 2 year old and waste stuff that hurts your entire server over 2 or 3 kittens that ruined your day. :/

Prettymuch because I am tired of being kitten ed all over by elitist jerks because my gear is not BiS or because I don’t know precisely what to do or because i ask too many questions. So you know what. Now that I know this foolishness makes you clowns cry I’m adding it to my arsenal.

So think about people like me the next time you feel like being mean to someone. You being mean might just cost you the game.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torasan.6029

Torasan.6029

trolls troll to get reaction. if you give them a reaction beyond the common sence comment ‘dont build the treb at the gate’ then they will feel success.

deny them their fun, dont react and ignore them. they soon get bored and wander off; not unlike Towlie. They are probably in a similiar state to Towlie come to think of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lablamb.2419

Lablamb.2419

I would say two things can be done to fix this.

1. Prevent all siege from being built ON or NEAR supply platforms.
  2. Can only place one siege at a time until it is built OR one type of siege every few minutes.

I was there with the player who did this. The reason why people are trolling about the “troll” (using quotations for a reason) is they do it. It is amazing how bad some servers are that they must be in a giant zerg or do something like this to win—which is funny because the last time I checked we are still ahead.

in Suggestions

Lablamb.2419

trolls troll to get reaction. if you give them a reaction beyond the common sence comment ‘dont build the treb at the gate’ then they will feel success.

deny them their fun, dont react and ignore them. they soon get bored and wander off; not unlike Towlie. They are probably in a similiar state to Towlie come to think of it.

Isn’t this a condescending comment?

in Suggestions

Lablamb.2419

It’s pretty simple guys just put a cool down on dropping siege of maybe 5-10-15 mins. If said troll continues then you should feel bad that they’d rather enjoy their time slightly annoying people then stop and do something productive and fun like helping the server. And to counter this I would say that commanders get no cool downs so that stuff like stone mist and keeps are still take able. As for map chat, make either shorter chat limit then Pve or allow commanders to temporarily mute people in chat for 10-15 minutes with a 25 minute cool down. And it stacks if multiple commanders do it.

The player who was doing this was a Commander.

in Suggestions

Neek.9531

Prettymuch because I am tired of being kitten ed all over by elitist jerks because my gear is not BiS or because I don’t know precisely what to do or because i ask too many questions. So you know what. Now that I know this foolishness makes you clowns cry I’m adding it to my arsenal.

So think about people like me the next time you feel like being mean to someone. You being mean might just cost you the game.

Well I am a kind person and u don’t have any problems with people that follow me or my guild. We have a guild of maybe 20-30 people (depends on the night) and we just Roke in the Zerg and greatly help our server. When we pop a commander we are kind to the pugs that come and we invite them to our teamspeak. So kitten about this elitist bullkitten don’t just assume I’m an kitten for rolling with a guild. If you were in ET I could but alas your attitude don’t like :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

Anet will not take any action on siege/supply trolls even though it clearly says in the EULA/TOS that any griefing is not allowed. Many people on my server reported a major pain supply troll many many times whith screen shots etc no action taken by Anet. It only stopped after I talked with the guild leader couple time with screens shot of the chat etc.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esreyr.6304

Esreyr.6304

Minor Suggestion. But maybe every “unbuilt” siege weapon should

• Include the Name of the Person/Account who laid the blueprint in the name tag.
    *Can right click on un-built siege so that the player can be
    > whispered to
    > ignored / blocked / reported
    > hide all siege from this player (this should also be available for opposing team)
    > the initial builder can deconstruct the siege (so long as ZERO mats have gone into its construction)