WvWvW Siege Tower

WvWvW Siege Tower

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hohotask.1574

Hohotask.1574

As the title says!

I would love to have a siege tower in WvWvW, somthing like this

http://tylerflemingcrusades.wikispaces.com/file/view/5863271.jpg/204918422/5863271.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1280750_99120299001_WarhammerSeigeTowerMain_873x627.jpg

http://perrysheroes.free.fr/IMG/jpg/SiegeTower_1.jpg

And the siege should be a 5 man siege 2 players on each side pushing the siege and 1 who controlls it (The more players who joins the siege to push it the faster it moves max 4 pushers),
the one who controlls the siege should be on top of the siege tower!

It is a slow moving siege tower and when a enemy player is in the siege range the siege tower will show up on the map as icon to balance it so it wont be to op!

And it should have stairs from bottom to top!

(edited by Hohotask.1574)

WvWvW Siege Tower

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

And then the dominant server built 20 of them and descended upon Stonemist from all sides and destroyed the gate mechanic completely by overrunning the wall.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

WvWvW Siege Tower

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

@Frosty

Or, the dominant server could treb from all sides and remove the walls entirely. Or, best of all, they could portal in 5 golems and take any gate down in all of 15-20 seconds, giving the defenders next to no chance to defend.

So, the defenders would need to watch for attacks all along the walls, which they should be doing anyway. If the siege towers were blocked from using portal and waypoints, they’d be more balanced than golems (which can use both), since the defenders would have plenty of time to prevent the towers from getting to the wall.

WvWvW Siege Tower

in Suggestions

Hohotask.1574

And then the dominant server built 20 of them and descended upon Stonemist from all sides and destroyed the gate mechanic completely by overrunning the wall.

These siege tower are slow i mean really slow, ou need 5 people to just man one to move at the siege towers max speed.
And if you say that building 20 of these then building 20 trebs would be more efficent since they actualy deal dmg to walls etc, this idea was to have a chance at infiltrating the defender on the wall!
But this do not stop the defender from taking out the siege tower!

WvWvW Siege Tower

in Suggestions

Posted by: Alex.3274

Alex.3274

The problem would be how the “underattack” mechanic would work. This means that you know when someone’s trebbing/golem rushing/attacking you. You can then find the source of it. (Though this all takes time). With a siege tower you could get through the first wall of any keep/tower/sm really easily as there is no warning. Equally, it would force defenders on any tower to have massive amounts of siege to be able to man it quickly enough to take down a tower coming towards you as you have no warning short of having a scout in every tower, watching every side of every keep and the sm.

WvWvW Siege Tower

in Suggestions

Hohotask.1574

Ido not get why you guys are against this idea i really dont.
This is a new way to take over towers and infiltrate a keep! It will still be faster to rush a tower and build 2-3 rams at a gate to take the tower then with the siege tower!

Then lets have it so that when the siege tower are near a tower then have the towers statues be underattack!

WvWvW Siege Tower

in Suggestions

Posted by: Narcemus.1348

Narcemus.1348

I personally like the idea. I know that ArenaNet would have to do some major work to implement it, but I definitely like the thought. I honestly dislike all the “anti-unfair” rules they’ve put into the game. Like in instances shooting foes from above where they can’t get to you means they are invincible because it’s “unfair”. Life and war are unfair, that’s all I have to say.