XP at lvl 80

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: cobrahorse.4329

cobrahorse.4329

Getting xp for kills and discovery at 80 feels stupid and worthless.

This should be replaced to karma rewards when you kill mobs and discover stuff. It dont have to be allot of karma but it will improve the feeling of the game by miles.

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

if that happerned tho how would we gain the extra skill points we need?

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

cobrahorse.4329

then add a karma reward to the lvl up to. Cause at the moment xp feels useless. 1 skillpoint every lvl is to less

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Jezath.7395

Sorry cobra i have to dissagree here i mean I play maybe afew hours a day and i manage a level a day.. yopu can also buy skillpoints.. plenty of chances to get karma atm too maybe too many...

Sorry in my own opinion i would prefer it took 5 times longer for each level as well.

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Jezath.7395

I do agreee that the xp and grinding lvl 80 over and over is a bit dull tho!

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I bet there might even be some players with a thousand skill points by now.

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

cobrahorse.4329

Well the thing is that getting xp is a main thing of the game.
The feeling when you get xp is amazing when the things fly down to you xp bar and light up.
This was the main thing why i played and now its gone.
Toning down karma points from other places is easy.
I just think that players that just hit 80 needs to get compromised for the loss of play motivation when the xp thing disappears. Maby you will disagree but this a psychological thing that put many players off the game.

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

There are plenty of other ways to progress in this game beyond the level 80 XP grind. I don’t see any need to change it.

Plenty of ways to earn Karma that wouldn’t involve leveling up. The XP every level after 80 was a surprise to me, and at first I didn’t understand it. Once I realized it continues to give you skill credits, which can then be used for Mystic Forge stuff, I think this is a great incentive to casually level up while doing other fun progression things (such as Fractals, dungeons, WvW, finish map completion, Jumping Puzzles, etc).

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Jezath.7395

I understand how you like the xp and level; progression buzz its my faveroute aspect of the game also actually. When you explain it like that it sounds like you want the level cap raised. This would be nice! But i think they wont do it yet as its too soon.

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Retrospek.4583

Retrospek.4583

Not sure if you were referring to me, Jezath, on raising the cap. I don’t want the cap raised, I think there’s plenty of progression already at level 80.

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

They won’t raise the level cap, ever. It would destroy the balance, and most of the game would have to be reworked over again. New expansions will only add new races and classes. As for exp after 80, it’s fine, I like my skills, I need them, a lot of them, even after reaching 80. If you aren’t interested in crafting items in the forge, that means you are ignoring the forge, in that case just ignore the extra skill points you get as well.

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

I have 214 skill points currently, spent 300, all the skills I bought – I feel like I’ve accomplished things from leveling and still level in games that cap at a certain number and you just don’t get XP – It feels like the game just randomly stops.

XP at lvl 80

in Suggestions

cobrahorse.4329

I dont want the lvl cap to be raised i just want to keep the feeling of progression you have when you lvl up but use it as a karma rewarder instead. Every time you max the xp bar you get a karma reward visable. This is a great thing that makes you feel rewarded when exploring and killing random stuff.