You can't have it both ways: Regarding condition caps...

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

Anet, I love you guys…but your views on conditions are dumb. There should NOT be a condition cap for enemies and here is why:

1.) It makes having multiple necros in a group USELESS as only 1 necros condition is counted.

2.) It defeats your entire point of “Oh we want to get rid of the MMO Paragon”

3.) It’s a GIANT damage nerf. I wouldn’t like carrying a bunch of players through a dungeon because they can’t pull their own weight due to not being able to apply conditions. It’s not fair to ANYONE.

You can’t have it both ways: You can’t sit there and say “oh we want to get rid of the MMO paragon and just let everyone play as they want, yet we want to nerf damage and nerf dungeon groups and basically make the multiple classes that rely on conditions USELESS”. Come on, get rid of the condition caps and let there be multiple condition stacks on enemies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

What you propose would actually make condition builds redonkulous.

What you likely meant to suggest is to have individual condition caps per players so their damage is not nerfed by multiples of the same profession. The condition caps exist for a reason, but they shouldn’t be shared across multiple players.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Acewings.6872

Acewings.6872

What you propose would actually make condition builds redonkulous.

What you likely meant to suggest is to have individual condition caps per players so their damage is not nerfed by multiples of the same profession. The condition caps exist for a reason, but they shouldn’t be shared across multiple players.

And I agree to some extent. However, two things:

1.) Currently it’s pretty useless to have multiple condition based classes like warriors and necros in the same group. The alternative to this is that the classes will then become way overpowered as you pointed out, but that is still like a million times better than being useless like they currently are.

2.) Then wouldn’t it be better to just nerf conditions as a whole at the individual player level? I mean there is no need to punish entire groups over it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vlaid.5790

Vlaid.5790

It would be a lot easier to say “Ok, it’s balanced for a necro to get a stack of x amount of this condition” which is then balanced by their profession traits, stats and abilities and not influenced by how many of each class you have in your group for the purpose of hitting condition caps or forcing people to spec out of conditions for the sake of the group’s damage.

Rather than trying to nerf all condition builds with the assumption that you could eventually, if left unmolested, get a stack of several hundred on an enemy (which could be overpowered in certain situations).

For example, warriors bleeds stack up passively so over time they would add more and more damage the longer they are able to hit a target. Their damage would inflate to astronomical levels if they could stack up their conditions without a personal cap on the amount of conditions they can put up. This is why you need a set cap for each condition, for each player, to prevent a professions damage from exploding from lengthy uptimes on a target.

(edited by Vlaid.5790)

in Suggestions

Posted by: blaergh.6341

blaergh.6341

I don’t agree with this at all. Even with multiple players of the same profession, they don’t all have to focus on applying conditions; that’s why you can swap out skills and traits and weapons on the fly. If the current group setup isn’t working well, you can just try something else. I haven’t played as the necro yet, but I can’t imagine they made every possible build all about bleeding.
Also, GW1 had a degen/regen cap at 8 pips or 16 hp/sec and if it had been any more people and mobs would just insta-die because degeneration bypasses armor (And 25 stacks of bleeding is plenty imo).
I think they found agood balance between degen builds being useful but not overpowered so other builds remain fun to play as well.

*typos

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

I don’t agree with this at all. Even with multiple players of the same profession, they don’t all have to focus on applying conditions; that’s why you can swap out skills and traits and weapons on the fly. If the current group setup isn’t working well, you can just try something else. I haven’t played as the necro yet, but I can’t imagine they made every possible build all about bleeding.
Also, GW1 had a degen/regen cap at 8 pips or 16 hp/sec and if it had been any more people and mobs would just insta-die because degeneration bypasses armor (And 25 stacks of bleeding is plenty imo).
I think they found agood balance between degen builds being useful but not overpowered so other builds remain fun to play as well.

You can’t swap out trait points on the fly, and swapping out CD weapons for DD weapons without the trait points or the equipment results in you still being a CD spec running a DD, meaning you’re akitten poor DD.
25 stacks of bleeding on a gigantic boss enemy being engaged by 75 people is all but 3 people running CD being completely worthless. So worthless, in fact, that they are actually of NEGATIVE worth because their presence still scales up the boss without having the capacity to deal the damage they’re expected to by the scaling.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lyn.4156

lyn.4156

I dont think removing the cap would be a problem in pve since you can always scale bosses to take that much damage and problem soloved.

I’m trying to join this discussion but I feel I dont know enough about the conditions and how they work on different classes.

How many bleeds could potentionaly stack necro and warrior, I know that thief would be able to keep up about 15 bleeds.

About other conditions.

If I understand this correctly all other conditions like poison and burning stack in duration not intensity. So thief poison could last about the minute and then it can be reaplied. Which means even that condition is very useful since 1 thief can efectively keep up the poison on target. Moreover if thief has a poison share build and gives it to all others its basicaly useles since thief can keep the poison up on the targets without any help.

Please correct me if I didnt understand this correctly.

And please tell me if burning works the same.

Overal with all the caps you would really need to be very picky about which specs and classes you take to the dungeon because you could loose about 60% of damage if you choose wrong ones.

Also if they would allow it all to stack in pvp it would be impossible to beat group of 5 necros. They could just stack up the conditions and run around.

in Suggestions

Posted by: lyn.4156

lyn.4156

Also yeah swaping traits is pretty much useless. Because to use crit/power/cond build you need to have a gear that optimizes that build and also the traits. If you dont have either you are basicaly nerfed to the ground. And a person that has the right setup of traits and gear would beat you on dmg by far.