Your Top 10 GW2 problems that need fixing!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’ll start by saying that I love this game and play it as often as my wife allows.
With that said, here’s my list in no particular order…

- Fix known bugs
- More build variety for all professions (more skills per weapon, more utility skills, more elites, improved elites, reworked/improved traits, etc)
- More armor skins!!!
- More permanent PvE content (all levels)
- Fewer nerfs to viable skills, more buffs to underused skills/traits
- Fix Rangers (vague, but it’s a pretty broad subject)
- Add dueling
- Healing Power seems underwhelming. Let skills scale better with HP.
- Adjustable dungeon difficulty levels (not by adding zeroes to enemy health, but by adjusting fight mechanics, skills used, etc).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

1) pvp needs to be removed

that would fix the game for me.

Balancing focused on PVP you mean or a complete split between the two.

I like PVP, and lots of others, and I don’t think there is any way they’d remove it…

I agree with him on two fronts.

1: the world completion should have never included WvW that was completely shady on their part. They said they understood as gamers the problems gamers faced in mmo’s and then pulled that crap one of the biggest problems pve’ers have faced is being forced into pvp situations althroughout the life of the mmo genre.

2: they promised to separate pve and pvp skill behaviors entirely so that at no time would anyone who plays pve exclusively would ever be affected by the nerfs that pvp usually demands. This sooooo did not happen. The underdog classes are a clear example of this so I can totally understand his reaction to pvp.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

top 10? let’s see off the top of my head in no particular order…

10. More variety of skins for weapons and armor

-pretty self explanatory. When you can identify by sight every piece of armor in the game, there needs to be more variety. People need a goal in an MMO to keep them playing. I’d love for there to be so many freaking skins that you don’t see the same weapon or armor for days at a time. Why not?

09. WvW exclusive skins

-I love WvW, but there’s no reward. Server pride is moderately fun for a while, but ultimately there’s nothing tying you to the people who just so happen to play on the same server as you. There needs to be rewards for doing WvW to get people interested. I’d love to wear a helmet or body piece that was WvW exclusive and displayed my accomplishments.

…….

02. Great Axe

Where is the GA? You have a Norn holding a great axe on your first promo pictures from before the game came out. How is this not a weapon in the game? It is honestly a travesty of justice that this weapon was not included in this game from the moment it went live. A travesty of freaking justice.

01. Dwarves

I’m not even sure how to say this in a way that isn’t terribly insulting…. but I’ll try. Whoever decided that Dwarves should be “extinct” and not play a role in this game should really feel bad about that decision. Not only are they non-existent as a race, but their ruins provide perhaps the greatest single opportunity for you guys to develop an amazing historical approach to your story writing and game development. They’re extinct? How did they go extinct? Where are their underground Moria-esque ruins? If they’re not extinct, where are they now? Can I play one? Do they have armor and weapons for me to wear? These are the questions that beg for answers.

Now get to work, Anet! We’re almost a year in. Announce a expansion or something… people are leaving your game in droves. There’s nothing much to do once you hit 80 and have spent a decent amount of time farming, in WvW, or doing PvP. Your game is stagnating. I just spent 45 minutes typing this instead of playing it, because I HAVE NO IN GAME GOAL LEFT. Give me some awesomeness, please and thank you!!!

Excellent suggestions, i love the part about the dwarves lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Remove PvP from the game. That would pretty much fix all the problems. I’m tired of constant “fixes” that are due to PvP and mess up the PvE part of the game. It is why I quit 2 of my last 3 MMO’s.

If you can’t separate 100% of the skills in PvP from PvE then just remove it from the game, almost no one plays it as it is anyway.

WvW is much more popular but the same thing needs to apply. Split WvW and PvE skills, they have absolutely no place being the same.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sokina.8041

Sokina.8041

1: Split PVE/PVP/WVW. It’s counter-intuitive to repeatedly nerf X cause it’s good in PVP and then ruin the PVE version of it or whatever. GW1 did it, though it took a couple years if I remember correctly. Needs to be done, and I’m sure it’s capable of being done.

2: Dynamic events are not dynamic enough. I almost feel like they need to be more random / generated.

3: More mob variety. GW1 had us fighting demons from hell, warring factions, and other stuff. It’s almost boring by comparison.

4: War in Kryta. GW2 needs a THIS equivalent. (War in Kryta introduced pseudo randomized, dual-profession enemies that could be a real kitten to fight for the unprepared team.) Say, a White Mantle Ritualist. It spawned with any one of 1-4 different builds. Why can we not fight AI who have access to the same abilities we have? Enemies are currently this: "Auto attack. Massive delay. Stand in AOE. Auto attack. Massive telegraph animation. “Super attack.” Rinse and repeat." “Elite” mobs should evade with the same intelligence and use skills with the same intelligence as humans.

5: Shouldn’t really bring this up because I know (hope) it’ll be addressed: More skills/weapons.

6: More pointless cosmetic items. I want cute dresses and other stupid crap to wear when I’m not killing things. (Or when I AM killing things. It’d be kind of cool to have special cosmetic combat skins or stuff.)

7: I think all classes should get some degree of boon hate. Doesn’t have to be something as lazy or uninteresting as “do more damage per boon on target.” I’m talking fun boon hate skills, like GW1 had. “Do damage. Apply chilled if target has at least 3 boons.” Something silly like that.

8: Keep trying to breathe life into new areas. I like how Flame and Frost made me go back to Wayfarer’s.

9: Less “Huge monthly balance changes” and more “Weekly smaller balance changes.” If you throw something out of whack in the “balance” it’s a bit harsh to have to wait for a month for a re-balance of it.\

10: Quality of life improvements: I don’t want to die because my character refuses to stop reviving an ally despite being destroyed from all fronts. Needs to be more responsive when you want to move away. More rhyme and reason to AOE: If I can heal 5 allies with a skill, I’d REALLY like it if it targeted my party, or lowest HP’ed people, or something logical. Please tell me it doesn’t rely on RNG to heal an ally. Especially in WvW. Or in the case of enemies: Maybe the 5 closest enemies to me? Anything to make me feel more in control of my skills.

Also, necessary contact list changes. Signing in as invisible, not being able to stalk people who’ve blocked you. The things almost every MMO comes shipped with, like that. (Please spare me the kitten MMOs are meant to be social why play alone why be invisible)

in Suggestions

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

If you perma stow pets you will effectively lose 50% or round abouts of your damage. if you’re fine with that then all hats off to ya!

PvE players asking for PvP to be removed… PvP Players asking for PvE to be removed, WvW players asking for both to be removed… You guys need to learn to play nicer methinks xD

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dystopiq.5218

Dystopiq.5218

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bead.8609

Bead.8609

04. Guild Halls

It’s guild wars. no need to even go into detail.

You have no idea why the game is called guild wars do you?

in Suggestions

Posted by: VLNt.9862

VLNt.9862

bump to this one:
“1. Right-click targeting is frustrating when trying to move your camera. Please add a way to disable it.”
I have 1 button to select, don’t need more.
I want 1 button to move camera without changing target.
Sad that basic control options are still not available!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

1. THE CASH SHOP

how to fix?
Introduce many many more costumes, gadgets and non combat clothes for the store and remove the kittening random lock boxes.

2. THE RNG

I personally hate RNG. I like to work towards goals but everywhere are those stupid roadblocks in the game called random drop chance, random whatever. Its annoying.

3. Class Balance

Split PVP and PVE skills. I want my character to feel powerfull in PVE and not have to suffer because it would unbalance PVP (Best example currently are Rangers, quit borken in pve, ok’ish in pvp)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

1: (“We want you to play the game, not the ui….”) Customisable UI is a must. You had this almost perfect in Guild Wars, we could move anything we wanted to anywhere we wanted & it`d save there. What on Tyria made you do it this way…?
2: All of that crap top right, local events, new seasonal events, stories, dailies, monthlies yada yada yada, that needs an option to be turned off. (Your reasoning is because some dumb chap`ll turn it off & not find it again, so put it somewhere they won`t find the option in the first place…)
3: UI again, no more pops ups if we`re in combat.
4: Right click losing targets. I know others have mentioned this & that an Anet staffie has said “it is low priority…” but this is such a huge fail.
5: Mouse cursor. More then half the time it is invisible due to all of the particles, give players an option to change it or make it more visible.
6: Option to have RMB automatically held down or toggleable like sights in some shooting games. If we`re trying to run about in hectic pvp & have to LMB someone/thing, this makes us move forwards which is dumb.
7: Your manifesto of “We want you to play your way…” & yet we have to get some items from set places. Ascended from Fractals only until recently, excluding backpacks which are still solely Fractals. New dungeon coming out with skins solely available in there….
8: Town clothes. Why, just why? skins ala Grenth outfit etc in Guild Wars is what players want.
9: sPvP. Option to get rid of the irritating learners ui that pops up every time you enter a map. Same goes for the death note, get shot of it, players check combat chat box, we don`t need (undetailed) pve recount crap in here.
10: Choice of sPvP map to join & not random. Having to go through a set map routine is tedious at its best.
11: Duelling. For a game that wanted to be an esport, it is just stunning that this wasn`t in on release & worse, now players have to pay to duel in peace. Wrong, just wrong.
12: Invisible that actually is, well, invisible. Meaning I can`t be whispered, party grouped etc.
13: Friends list confirmation. Also nick names that stay. I`ve a friends list of 50+ & now I don`t know wtk most of them are, along with stalke…followers Better still, make the friends list the character they added you with, not their dozen+ alts that I`ll have no idea wtk they are.
Oops, more then ten & there`s loads more, but this`ll give them something to not read for now ;p

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gathslan.1870

Gathslan.1870

I hope they dont ever consider the whole townclothes in combat stuff 0.0 i’m hoping some sort of immersion will stay in the game :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

1 – Stealth drawing aggro when it is over. I don’t really have a problem with this persay, but it does make the downed skill for thieves in pve an open invite for death since everything will come at you when you reappear. Either make the downed version of stealth different so it doesn’t draw aggro, make the downed stealth last longer so you can get up (<- balance issues with this one though), or just give us a better downed skill in it’s place.

2 – Soloable dungeons. I’m not saying make them easy nor should you change the difficulty at all. They should be “omg you are going in alone, you are crazy”! You already have some of those and they are fine. What I’m talking about is having instances like in the dredge fractal or the final personal story quest where you NEED other people to stand on things. Alternative in this case is spawn boulders in single player/not enough player mode that can act as weights.

3 – One free server transfer per week/month. Just make it that you can’t enter wvw / pvp until you have stayed on the new server for a week/month (same amount of time to server transfer again).

4 – Option to display armor or town clothes regardless of situation.

5 – Have a setting on the “Send all collectables to bank” option to ignore all (non-ranger) pets?

6 – Gear shouldn’t be damaged when killed. Gear should be insta destroyed when killed (unrepairable). The number of items destroyed should equal the characters total level % 10. A level 80 will lose 8 items per death. Not necessarily the equipped ones either, though quest related gear should always be safe.

7 – Remove Lion’s Arch. Destroy it through story or better yet, let us destroy it (they’re all pirate scum anyway). Make each city instead have a gate hub that can get anywhere else and returning from wvw/pvp puts you in your home instance.

8 – Add a gate to Fort Trinity to the gate hub(s). Alternatively add gates to the Priory and the Vigil bases so they can get to the front faster. Alternative 2 is to actually bring the war in Orr to a close – which actually makes sense for people who have finished the story.

9 – In a future living story chapter, turn off all the gates and waypoints outside cities (maybe exclude some near towns in low level lands and those in dungeons). Works best if Lion’s Arch is already removed/destroyed at this point. Quest to reactivate them should involve a long dangerous hike.

(edited by Joseph Skyrim.2470)

in Suggestions

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

In game LFG tool.

in Suggestions

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

Polishing: What i mean by this is, focusing on what’s already ingame instead of trying to add add add. making what’s already ingame will improve the game the gameplay experience, I’m pretty sure most players would agree that we would rather have balanced content in both difficulty as well as how you’re rewarded for it. why should we get the same loot from Champions as we do by killing an undead chicken ? Content should be made more challenging and, the we rewarded as such.

Suggestion:

1. Dungeons should the fractal system where the dungeon will become gradually more challenging every time you run it, and the higher up the better the reward are, this would also opening the possibility of Elite Dungeon armor & skins as well as increase replayability
  2. There should be a chance to fail world events, instead of just standing on a safe spot and zerging down bosses in a matter of seconds. and the scale quiet doens’t prevent this, don’t just only multiply each mobs health depending how many people there are, also increase how aggressive they are, their speed. Don’t make them take much longer to kill but rather harder to kill by allowing them to actually kill players. on a meta event the player should interact with whats going on around them besides the boss itself. and not just spam some ice thingy or tentacle on the ground that will tickle you, but actually have mobs targets groups of people. force them to scatter and have to take down that monster if they wanna continue fighting boss.

Bug Fixes : Personally, i would appreciate it if every trait/rune/skill etc worked as intended.

Work whats already ingame to make it better, players won’t mind paying for more content through expansion! I assure Bugs fixes, polishing and class balance will be much more appreciated than a living story..

(edited by google.3709)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

Totally stole my top 10 idea :P

Since there’s no way I could fit it all in text in one post here’s the video I made detailing the top 10 things GW2 needs to improve:

And here are all the timestamps so you don’t have to listen to my resoning and suggestions for the points you are not interested in.
Number 10: Poor Advertising – 1:01
Number 9: World Vs. World – 2:54
Number 8: Loot and Magic Find – 5:27
Number 7: Personal Story – 8:22
Number 6: Dungeons – 13:48
Number 5: Guesting and Realms – 17:45
Number 4: Events – 21:49
Number 3: No LFG Tool – 26:52
Number 2: User Friendlyness: – 28:24
Number 1: Polish and Optimization – 30:47

Enjoy!