Your own house in GW2

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: AdIcTeD.2073

AdIcTeD.2073

Hey guys,
I just thoughted of an awesome new update this game could have(that’s my own opinion). Long time ago before I ever heard of Guild Wars 2 I was playing another mmorpg called Runes of Magic(dunno how much of ya fellows know about it…its ok )…anyway they had an awesome system about housing…you had your own house in which you we’re able to put any kind of furniture as you liked it.
I told myself today: “What if this system would be in this game also(meaning gw2)?”..
I was thinking that every race should have his own house design
Ex:
*human – house like in Divinity’s reach, with the option of choosing to have it in the city or outside it;
*asura – techno house with all kind of cool science furniture;
*char – dunno….an iron house with war furniture, like warband flag?
*sylvari – tree house, like in the Lord of The Rings, in Rivendell…with nature furnitures;
*norn – traditional norn house(u can have like example : Eir Stegalkin house, Skyrim houses), with trophies

A cool thing would be to apply a house boons ..u can benefit from your warm and nice house like gaining some might,vigor etc. by putting a warm fireplace, a bit of jazz from an old ….I dont know the word in english(I’m romanian) but if u played minecraft u can have like example a jukebox.

That will be all for the moment if you like my idea please say!

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: CeCeDot.5921

CeCeDot.5921

yeah that would be nice like you have to enter some place in the head city and you stand directly inside your house or something like that

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Asendji.8490

Asendji.8490

should work like an instance that only player + party may see. updates to ur house would not hurt (bed, chair, other door type might not hurt)

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eddard.2930

Eddard.2930

Yah, I like it.

Instanced FTW.

They could make it so you could decorate it with stuff you find with questing and with stuff you have to buy in the cash shop.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming like the people in his car.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Aion added housing eventually which was kind of cool. You could port to the houses of those on your friends list too from your house, which was a cool feature. You could get furniture and all sorts of other stuff to decorate.

Unfortunately I don’t know how you would get people to actually use their houses for any length of time. Even in Aion the novelty wore off quick.

If you could upgrade your house to have a bank vendor or trade broker. It wouldn’t really affect LA since FoTM is there and it is a good place to try and get a group, and it wouldn’t really affect the other home towns as they are ghost towns already anyway.

To branch off topic (I know I know, mods hate this): I really think it would be great if you could port to your cultural home town for free. That would drive people to visit their home cities as a homebase instead of everyone in LA. If I need to hit the bank, I always hit LA just because it is centrally located and I dunno, it’s the place to be I guess. If I could port to The Grove for free you bet your kitten I’d be there to use the bank and TP instead.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I think player housing was something that Anet wanted to explore in the future, but for now there is the ‘home instance’ in your cultural city. Doesn’t do a lot right now though.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: SirQuester.5476

SirQuester.5476

I wouldn’t mind seeing a new craft for player houses personally. I hope they introduce it sooner rather than later.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

This will probably be moved into the Suggestion forum but I will place my vote for this as well.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

This has been suggested a bajillion times. Look at the top of your screen….Do you see the word Search? Use it.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten who can see the Search Button

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: xCrusadentx.2784

xCrusadentx.2784

If anyone knows Runescape (haven’t played it in years) they had house parties, where everyone could just join in and have some fun in someone else’s big house. You could upgrade how big it was, earn trophies and armor to display in your house, make furniture… Which could bring up a carpenter crafting skill if in implemented. Point is, Gw2 could have something like that, but on a smaller scale. I think it would be cool to customize a place of your own.

Royal Blood Oath:
We are sworn together by our blood…

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Altariel.4610

Altariel.4610

I like house system i want my sylvari house like a gigant flower XD

Attachments:

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

One mansion for me please!

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: rowdyruff.1038

rowdyruff.1038

me likey this idea, 4 season homes please!

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

See my two super long threads about housing…both of which Anet freaking shut down for no reason what so ever…

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

These forum moderators…

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: furryangel.4623

furryangel.4623

Many, many games already have housing. I do believe it was hinted that such upgrades are in the future of GW2 along with many other projects to make things more expansive and to increase the feeling of ownership among the players. Don’t quote me on that though, I was one of the few who thought the weapon system was perfect the way it was so I’ve been wrong before. All heil Anet supreme ruler of earth.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Palinore.9204

Palinore.9204

I hope your house is the first to fall down.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

I would love this as with anything you know ArenaNet would take what over people have done and improve it beyond amazing.

The best player housing I’ve ever seen was in Lotro and there’s a few reasons for this. The main one is that they made it a representation of your adventures outside the home. So all the major bosses in the game had trophies that could then be collected and added to your house. I remember there was a boss which was a squid type monster – when you killed it the trophy was a barrel which had one of its tentacles flopping around.

You could also fish in the game, catch a huge fish? You could have it mounted on wood and hang it anywhere in your house.

I think what I’m saying is a player house has to be like any other part of the game, it has to have the capacity to change and be improved. Of course like most things players housing isn’t every players cup of tea but for those who do want it I believe this is what they do want – a place that they can stamp their own mark on and it almost becomes a visual diorama for where they have been and the adventures they have been on.

The kin house was also an awesome idea which could be adapted to Guild Wars 2. Imagine every guild having their own fort? Conan tried this and it failed on some basic levels (mainly lag) but the idea is still sound.

Please AN have a look at this, you will make a lot of your loyal fans very happy

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Why?
I have my own house, I’m in it at the moment, I don’t need a to be sitting in a house in a game that I want to be doing things in. If I want to sit around in a house, I sit around in my house.
Guild bases (like in other games, with guild buffs, instances, daily quests etc) would be good to implement, but housing? No.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

Why?
I have my own house, I’m in it at the moment, I don’t need a to be sitting in a house in a game that I want to be doing things in. If I want to sit around in a house, I sit around in my house.
Guild bases (like in other games, with guild buffs, instances, daily quests etc) would be good to implement, but housing? No.

You will be one of the players who doesn’t want player housing then

But your logic is flawed, why on earth would players play a game in a house with their little computer people, dressing them up and watching what they get upto.. Oh wait. The Sims is one of the most popular games of all time (not my thing but we’re all different right) and its because lots of people like to do something other than hack up minators from time to time.

If it was just an instanced house where you could go and sit for a bit then yes, I would totally agree. However, if you made it have some worth and use to players then that’s a totally different ball game.

I thinking –
A) extra storage space,
B) crafting stations to build, like having your own forge or tailoring room
C) unique buffs as the OP said.
D) the ability to build it from the ground up so it’s truely unique.

I short, give people a reason to be there because there are two types of base players. The players who do for enjoyment and those who do for the reward (carrot). WvsW for example, some players play for the pure thrill of combat and new tactics etc. Some require more, better gear, perminant improvments etc. At the moment WvsW is vastly populated by the former because there isn’t really a carrot yet.

That’s what I’m saying, some people build a house, craft a piece of gear or fight a three hour siege for the pure love of the experience and that’s the kind of player who will love player housing.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kuess.1842

Kuess.1842

oh yeah, ideal place to put a personal locker in :P

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Only if they remain in the main cities and are instanced.

Additionally:

• Asuras don’t have houses – They have labs.
  • Charr may not have homes either – Sleeping quarters like soldiers do?
“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadow.3289

Shadow.3289

I have seen this idea be suggested before, It sounds like a possible future update but I think GuildWars2 would be better off without Player-owned houses.

“A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom”
StormBluff Isle

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coolit.6827

Coolit.6827

I’d love to see player housing in the future with a proper crafting trade to back it up and trophies from both PVE and PVP encounters that you can place. I hear DCUO is getting housing that you can pvp in with the next DLC and RiFT just had it added which by all accounts is industry leading.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

should work like an instance that only player + party may see. updates to ur house would not hurt (bed, chair, other door type might not hurt)

I really, really like the Lotro player/guild housing system (or Kin Houses as they’re called in Lotro).
Each race has an estate just outside the major town. The estate itself is instanced but once you’re inside there’s a whole open neighborhood there and each estate can have many, many instanced suburbs.
As you enter portal to an estate, a list of all the suburbs within that estate comes up and you can chose which one to enter. You can add suburbs to your favorite list, like the one where your home is located, your friends, or the guild hall etc. You can then opt to only show your favorite list when entering the estate, rather than scrolling through the entire list every the time.
Once you purchase a house all your characters acquire a special skill to port you to your house any time from anywhere, altho the skill has a1 hour cd. Also when you join a guild you get a skill that will port you to the guild house as well. In gw2 this may not be necessary due to wp system.
These suburbs include standard homes with 2 rooms and are cheapest to buy with in-game gold (1.5g). Then you have more expensive deluxe homes (7g), but are larger and have more decorating options.
Each suburb has several guild homes too, which ofc are the largest and cost 17g to buy + the monthly maintenance fee of roughly 350s. But you could literally have your guild house across the street from your own, a good way to get together.
What I like most about it, all the homes/guilds have gardens that you can decorate as well, by adding special trees, picnic tables, statues etc. And even have neighborhood street parties.
The streets are named, the houses are numbered and when you pass or approach someone’s home, it announces on the screen a home of so and so ‘insert name’ of whoever originally purchased the home. So you actually get to know the people in your neighborhood and I think it’s a very sociable system.
There are all sorts of crafting recepies for various decorations too, or they can be purchased from furniture vendors at each estate and there’s also a bank there for convenience.
Lots of creatures in the world drop items that can be turned into a trophy at a taxidermist located in major towns which you can then place in your home. These are tradable too at the AH. The homes/guild halls can be bought from a real estate agent located just outside each estate and the whole system works beautifully.
Entering your house is another instance and the owner has options to allow permission for their friends/guild mates etc. where they can be allowed to just visit the house or have full access to it for eg change decorations, pay maintenance and so forth.
I would dearly love to see something along these lines in gw2.

The attached shots: my character on the black horse is in front of my (deluxe) house.
My character (a different one) smoking a pipe with friends inside my house.
My character perched on the rock shows a bit of the estate (not the best shot lol but it gives you an idea). The glimpse of the large building on the right is a guild hall while the one on the left is a home of a friend of mine.

Attachments:

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olfinbedwere.5049

Olfinbedwere.5049

I like house system i want my sylvari house like a gigant flower XD

|----------------------| |
|------killed by------| |
|---gigantic bees----| |
\\\\\\\\\\/////////////// +1 for housing

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aeson Thackery.5927

Aeson Thackery.5927

But yea, i would like housing very very soon, and NOT just in our home instances, that would be terrible!

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: browolf.3825

browolf.3825

the best implementation of player housing I’ve seen is in final fantasy xi mmo. But in that game there’s no banks and you have to keep your stuff in your “house” which is a one room “house” and you don’t get see an outside view. Although this sounds limited it does the job perfectly. a room to decorate and not lots of pointless outside space like in lotro where the neighbourhoods are ghost towns.

Piken Square forever

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: madman.7150

madman.7150

forget house bring back guild halls i miss those from guild war 1

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Drymeat.2861

Drymeat.2861

Instanced housing reminds me of the housing system in EQ2… Well, It’s not I don’t like it. I love its housing system.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

It would be nice to have armor stands and such in the house aswell, so that you can combine different armor sets and show them off in your house, hang up weapons on the wall and so on.

In other words, something similar to the Hall of Monuments in GW1.

Your own house in GW2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dfox.7398

Dfox.7398

Sounds good to me ^^ I hope they do a real player house someday, instances would be nice and you can bring friends there too if you are in a party, maybe then you can buy certain features with gold or karma like furniture related to make it your own unique house.