add burn/bleed to reveal stealth

in Suggestions

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Hi, I am sure this must have been discussed in the forum many times. But stealth without a counter has too big of an advantage. There are too many times I have seen 1 thief against multiple players in taking a WvW camp and still see the thief is killing solo… He will just wait there till you all leave and steal the camp even though we know he is still there. And I have seen servers consisting of all thieves stealing the full map out in no time.

This is my suggestion. Just add burning/bleeding reveal its target for the condition duration as a 2nd effect. Not every build is playing these condition traits. Plus you have to hit someone with stealth at least once with these conditions to take effect. Experienced thieves can still avoid getting hit at the first place and kill others before they are revealed.

My suggestion is to reval the fire/blood caused by burn/bleed when someone in stealth is hit. Not to remove the stealth effect. Using condition removal can get you back to stealth if revealed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

stealth is already getting two big nerfs on march 26th, how about we give it some time to judge the actual impact of those changes first before calling for more.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Oops, I didn’t know there would be a nerfs coming :P Ok, we should see how it works first ^^ That was just some suggestion for a quick fix.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You do realize a large portion of builds inflict bleed, whether it is intentional or not. You don’t have to be cond spec to do that.

Stealth reveal in general is a bad idea since stealth only lasts 3-4 seconds. Conditions already are killing stealth players because you don’t have to be swinging at them to do that dmg, so conditions already “counter” stealth in that way and also if they come out of stealth and ran behind a wall you can see your DoT ticking on them. Just keep your eyes open for that stuff.

Best to just wait to see what other nonsense nerf thief gets in march. Get your hands cut off if you nerf ele but no…. thief op lets keep ruining them because people arn’t willing to ask for advice on stealth counters…

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: neithan.9750

neithan.9750

Damage revealing stealth breaks stealth.

Go play a Thief and you’ll understand.

Neithan Turambar
Level 80 Guardian, Thief
Minions of Grenth, Jade Quarry

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

Y Get your hands cut off if you nerf ele but no….

d/d ele is getting nerf on 26 march also.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

as for a thief waiting at a camp till you leave… you know you can at absolutely MAX get 15-20sec of stealth before you have no more out of combat stealth skill possibly available, and by then you will have NO defensive tools at your disposal as you traited into stealth and used all your utilities for it. So wait around for 20secs at the camp if no thief came up by the, well chance are he are really gone. Yes sure a good thief may be able to hide well for a LONG time, but that is by using both stealth in COMBINATION with other skills to get away from ppl, and is simply skill full play, so if that is the case, you simply for outplayed

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

I have, spvp and WvW (seriously you can play pve without any effort..people crying about stealth nerfs hurting pve are fools) without once using a single stealth skill. Wanna know something? I survive just fine and rack up more kills thant he one trick pony stealth spammers you see EVERYWHERE.

Honestly for every thief claiming you need to play thief to understand…those same people need to play thief without stealth and see what that class is honestly capable of to realize how rediculous it is in it’s current form.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I have, spvp and WvW (seriously you can play pve without any effort..people crying about stealth nerfs hurting pve are fools) without once using a single stealth skill. Wanna know something? I survive just fine and rack up more kills thant he one trick pony stealth spammers you see EVERYWHERE.

Honestly for every thief claiming you need to play thief to understand…those same people need to play thief without stealth and see what that class is honestly capable of to realize how rediculous it is in it’s current form.

This guy ^^

I don’t run a stealth build in spvp. or even wvw for that matter. Grab SoM, play aggressivly, laugh at victory. You won’t win 100% but thats kinda the point. Also, stop asking/looking up hero builds on people who think they figured out the “perfect” all around build. There is no such thing, you have to adjust to every fight. You can ask what skills are good and which arn’t that useful but still build what you feel is the best for your set up. Best thing is to fill w/e you’re missing with the proper utility skills and traits and set up the skills/traits that fit YOUR playstyle. Don’t ask, “what’s the best stun breaker” ask “what stun breaker best suits an aggressive build or defensive build” or “what utility skills best benefit a p/x condition build for survival” if that’s what you want. Be specific if you must.

I hope one day the insta-kill thief build gets rarely played as they will do horrible in team play if future content gets harder O.o

None the less, big no to stealth reveal. It doesn’t last nearly long enough to deserve any reveal radius.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

(edited by NinjaEd.3946)