allow players to trade items directly

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheCheater.5190

TheCheater.5190

Could you release a function similar to the trade function alreay seen in GW to exchange items without send them via the mail system? One possible reason for that is the necessity for an artificer like me to send to the other party members the potions like this http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Potion_of_Flame_Legion_Slaying at the beginning of a dungeon istance but right now with the excessive message suppression i can send the mail only to 2 players then i have to wait some minutes to be able to send the potions to the other players delaying the actual dungeon start and this can be really annoying

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carlie.3869

Carlie.3869

Doubt that’s ever going to happen in GW2, and for good reason.
As long as trading something takes a bit of effort, there’ll be less trades going on and “suspicious” ones (eg gold from goldsellers and such) are easier to track.

I think. There might be other reasons though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheCheater.5190

TheCheater.5190

the gold selling can be avoided making the trade function to save a log of the transactions on the server that can be scanned to search all the suspicious trades, then the devs can do a deep investigation to see if the gold traded is actually “gold selling” or something like a friendly giveaway (example: i have a ton of gold and a guildie of mine is poor → i send him some cash to help him)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Carlie.3869

Carlie.3869

Again, the more difficult it is to trade, the less trades will be going on, the less transactions to go through looking for the suspicious ones.

I could be entirely wrong though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

Classic reasons to not implement conventional trading:

• Chat spam related to selling. Sure, you can turn it off, but that isn’t always enough, and people will sell in any channel in the interest of getting a sale/seller.
  • Disputes between players; honest mistakes, false advertising, bait-and-switch, whatever form it takes, there are issues. When issues happen, somebody has to step in to arbitrate the situation; this is not something that builds a positive, cooperative community.
  • It allows another user to impact your UI. This seems like a minor thing, but all it takes is a shout of “soandso is giving away 100g to the first 10 people to find him and open a trade window. seriously, he is, i’m not making this up—i was the first!” to make legitimate trading temporarily impossible for a single player.

Classic reasons to implement:

• I don’t like the 15% tax on the TP.
  • Bypass message suppression that should be modified to exempt guild and party members.
-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

(edited by Fildydarie.1496)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strikerjolt.5910

Strikerjolt.5910

Doubt that’s ever going to happen in GW2, and for good reason.
As long as trading something takes a bit of effort, there’ll be less trades going on and “suspicious” ones (eg gold from goldsellers and such) are easier to track.

I think. There might be other reasons though.

So.. Arenanet can watch our inbox, but they can’t watch our trade windows?

So.. Arenanet can watch our inbox, but they can’t watch our trade windows?I do agree with you on this though, if the have a direct trading mechanic it will make it harder on Arenanet to catch gold sellers, because not only do they have to watch for inbox they also have to watch for trade agreements.

So.. Arenanet can watch our inbox, but they can’t watch our trade windows?I do agree with you on this though, if the have a direct trading mechanic it will make it harder on Arenanet to catch gold sellers, because not only do they have to watch for inbox they also have to watch for trade agreements.For people to say that “Well I don’t trust people!”, or something like this. Then don’t trade them with them, and buy it off the auction house, or don’t. I only trade with my guild, and or people I know for a few weeks.

So.. Arenanet can watch our inbox, but they can’t watch our trade windows?I do agree with you on this though, if the have a direct trading mechanic it will make it harder on Arenanet to catch gold sellers, because not only do they have to watch for inbox they also have to watch for trade agreements.For people to say that “Well I don’t trust people!”, or something like this. Then don’t trade them with them, and buy it off the auction house, or don’t. I only trade with my guild, and or people I know for a few weeks.You can generally buy everything you need from an auction house so why do you need to trade with someone?

So.. Arenanet can watch our inbox, but they can’t watch our trade windows?I do agree with you on this though, if the have a direct trading mechanic it will make it harder on Arenanet to catch gold sellers, because not only do they have to watch for inbox they also have to watch for trade agreements.For people to say that “Well I don’t trust people!”, or something like this. Then don’t trade them with them, and buy it off the auction house, or don’t. I only trade with my guild, and or people I know for a few weeks.You can generally buy everything you need from an auction house so why do you need to trade with someone?There is no need for direct trading to be brought into this game it will only give more power to Gold Sellers, and less power to Arenanet.

So.. Arenanet can watch our inbox, but they can’t watch our trade windows?I do agree with you on this though, if the have a direct trading mechanic it will make it harder on Arenanet to catch gold sellers, because not only do they have to watch for inbox they also have to watch for trade agreements.For people to say that “Well I don’t trust people!”, or something like this. Then don’t trade them with them, and buy it off the auction house, or don’t. I only trade with my guild, and or people I know for a few weeks.You can generally buy everything you need from an auction house so why do you need to trade with someone?There is no need for direct trading to be brought into this game it will only give more power to Gold Sellers, and less power to Arenanet.If you get scammed then just live with it. It’s a video game, not life. You can always, always make your money back by doing a few hours of farming mats, DE, Dungeons, etc.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Strikerjolt.5910

Strikerjolt.5910

Wo-oh What the hell happened to my post?!

Can anyone tell me what happened with my post?
When I click to edit that comment.. it looks different from the post? There are no repeating sentences.

(edited by Strikerjolt.5910)

in Suggestions

Posted by: SomeoneElse.3685

SomeoneElse.3685

I agree some sort of a system to make trade easier should be implemented in the game, but its hard to think of one that wouldn’t ruin some of the other content. This trade system would also very much ruin the trading post quite a bit and the gems prices would change drastically as well I’m guessing

Hatarius [FG]
Gunnars Hold EU

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

They can always track everything that players do if they want. That´s not the problem.

There are spam to buy/sell things. People will not use the money sink system implemented on TP. If people use more direct trading many modifications will be necessary to track transactions. There will be no trans server transactions.

And the best, people will always try to bug the transaction system to dupe itens or create chaos. It happened in EVERY MMO I know. They learned their lesson on GW1, they will not do the same mistake again.

https://forum.guildwars.com/forum/forums/news/Incident-Update/page/1

I don´t remember if this are the trade system dupe case in GW1…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brewergamer.8357

Brewergamer.8357

You know.. I don’t get the gw2 community, when someone wants something that is PERFECTLY FINE in any other mmo in existance. They say stuff like “THIS WOULD RUIN THE ENTIRE GAME AND WOULD NEVER WORK IN GW2!!!” when in fact things like this are in every mmo out there and work just fine, nothing wrong with them. This reminds me of the people that said player mail would break the game because no one would ever use the trade post. It’s not that big of a deal to add in trading, it’s not game breaking.. look at other mmos. Use your brain for once people.

in Suggestions

SomeoneElse.3685

You know.. I don’t get the gw2 community, when someone wants something that is PERFECTLY FINE in any other mmo in existance. They say stuff like “THIS WOULD RUIN THE ENTIRE GAME AND WOULD NEVER WORK IN GW2!!!” when in fact things like this are in every mmo out there and work just fine, nothing wrong with them. This reminds me of the people that said player mail would break the game because no one would ever use the trade post. It’s not that big of a deal to add in trading, it’s not game breaking.. look at other mmos. Use your brain for once people.

Well right from the start GW2 wasn’t quite a regular MMO refering to its mechanics. This mechanics react differently to different things making GW2 so uniqe. But really it would probably just mess up the economy and increase the amount of lazy people in GW2 that think that mail is too slow.

Hatarius [FG]
Gunnars Hold EU

in Suggestions

Posted by: JSmooth.7654

JSmooth.7654

Classic reasons to not implement conventional trading:

• Chat spam related to selling. Sure, you can turn it off, but that isn’t always enough, and people will sell in any channel in the interest of getting a sale/seller.
  • Disputes between players; honest mistakes, false advertising, bait-and-switch, whatever form it takes, there are issues. When issues happen, somebody has to step in to arbitrate the situation; this is not something that builds a positive, cooperative community.
  • It allows another user to impact your UI. This seems like a minor thing, but all it takes is a shout of “soandso is giving away 100g to the first 10 people to find him and open a trade window. seriously, he is, i’m not making this up—i was the first!” to make legitimate trading temporarily impossible for a single player.

Classic reasons to implement:

• I don’t like the 15% tax on the TP.
  • Bypass message suppression that should be modified to exempt guild and party members.

Classic reasons to implement (added):

• Ease of use.
  • Quality of life.
    Also, disputes happen in the mail system as well… but we have a mail system.
I am a tank at heart.
Sometimes I wonder what I’m doing here…

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

Well right from the start GW2 wasn’t quite a regular MMO refering to its mechanics. This mechanics react differently to different things making GW2 so uniqe. But really it would probably just mess up the economy and increase the amount of lazy people in GW2 that think that mail is too slow.

So.. you’re saying that with a trade system.. absolutely NO ONE would use the trade post? lol edit: I’d also like to add that if someone is lazy.. they’ll just post something on the TP, trading would be alot of trouble for someone that is lazy, once again use your brain.

in Suggestions

SomeoneElse.3685

So.. you’re saying that with a trade system.. absolutely NO ONE would use the trade post? lol edit: I’d also like to add that if someone is lazy.. they’ll just post something on the TP, trading would be alot of trouble for someone that is lazy, once again use your brain.

Not saying that nobody would use it its just that it would change probably for the worse, I also realised this can change by making a party only trading system which would probably be more easyer to monitor. Some people also don’t want to use TP for certain things because the price for them if I may say so is quite s**t.

Hatarius [FG]
Gunnars Hold EU

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

Not saying that nobody would use it its just that it would change probably for the worse, I also realised this can change by making a party only trading system which would probably be more easyer to monitor. Some people also don’t want to use TP for certain things because the price for them if I may say so is quite s**t.

The trade post cant get any worse, things that you farm hard for are worth less than vendor price. Even rares are worth 1 copper over vendor price but after the taxes and hidden fees of course it’s worth less. The trade post sucks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

The TP works as it is supposed to. You guys are either too greedy, either too selfish.
If you want to give something to someone, mail it. If you want to sell something, put the price you want in TP

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rei Hino.5961

Rei Hino.5961

Angery Gammer Joe had commented on this topic in the negatives section of his review
Joe: “Instead you have to mail each other items. so if your looking to trade with someone. Ah Goodluck. Becase you might send them a item and get something completely differnt back. Or nothing back. your kidna screwed.”

And I myself have missed some e-mails it seems that was withheld untill I deleted some old one’s as I went to delete a few and I got e-mails from weeekksss ago so I have seen that myself why I bothered to reply to this post.

hm well E-mail vs trade post made by ikituso "U need to blindly trust for example the crafter u send ur items. " a trade window lets you put money and items in. e-mail you have to either send them money first or they send you items witch then either party can be like log off or be like I was suppose to send money? that is major draw back to direct trade vs e-mail it leaves the game open for even bigger scammers as you have to put things out of your control even more so then direct trading does it not? So yea unless you know the person with e-mail you probably should not be sending anything to anyone at all for any type of payment transfer..even then things can go horribly wrong..(edited with out adding on with a new post)

(edited by Rei Hino.5961)

in Suggestions

Brewergamer.8357

The TP works as it is supposed to. You guys are either too greedy, either too selfish.
If you want to give something to someone, mail it. If you want to sell something, put the price you want in TP

If you’re going to sell anything to the TP, you might as well just vendor it.

in Suggestions

SomeoneElse.3685

Depends on the thing really, if you have always been selling to the vendors instead of either crafting or selling at TP you probably have very little gold at the momment

Hatarius [FG]
Gunnars Hold EU

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

This is what I do too and I feel fine with it because there are all sorts of vendors everywhere.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

I don’t really mind not being able to trade directly. What I do mind is constantly getting the “suppressed for excess messaging” window popping up whenever I’m trying to trade crafting mats with my friend. I’d rather have more item slots available when I go to send mail, or be exempt from excessive messaging warnings when I’m mailing my friends/guildmates. Luckily, we’re a small guild. Whenever I have lots of crafting mats to trade, we both head to the guild bank at the same time. As I put stuff in, he takes what I put in there out and vice versa.

(edited by Cacti Eleven.9135)

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikiturso.4026

ikiturso.4026

TP is ok system. Player to player trades would be a disaster for ANET. “I GOT SCAMMED!” “Scammers!” I bet you all have heard these many times. Mailin system could be different. U need to blindly trust for example the crafter u send ur items. Glad in my guild all crafters are mature and such problems dont exisct.