aoe looting - increase the range

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

At the moment movement in huge battles is discouraged for all the looters because there’s a relatively big chance to leave some loot behind (in case you don’t spam the loot button all the time, which you shouldn’t during a battle).

The suggestion: increase the range of the aoe loot, so that you won’t have to loot manually as much.

The less feasible solution would be to notify players who leave the area, what loot they left behind – like in GW1 when leaving an area. I see that this is much more difficult to do, since loot disappears after a few minutes and the zones are MUCH bigger now.

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

I think 900 range is enough for aoe loot. Originally it was like 130 range.

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

At the moment movement in huge battles is discouraged for all the looters because there’s a relatively big chance to leave some loot behind (in case you don’t spam the loot button all the time, which you shouldn’t during a battle).

Instead of a bigger loot rang, they should introduce auto-remote-loot! Even crappy MMOs like lotro have it.

Then there wouldn’t be a need for button spams and corpse walks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Instead of a bigger loot rang, they should introduce auto-remote-loot! Even crappy MMOs like lotro have it.

Then there wouldn’t be a need for button spams and corpse walks.

pretty much this its called Auto-Loot make it gather our loot Automatically

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

The bigger issue is that AoE Loot doesn’t open chests! You can be standing right on top of a chest and hit AoE Loot, but still leave the contents of the chest behind, untouched! Don’t ask me how I know this.

I agree that 900 range is fine, and I very much appreciate the new AoE Loot function NOT being tied to the F-key, but one of the reasons we needed a separate looting function is that about half the time when we pressed the F-key to loot, we got NPC conversation, or a banner, or we rezzed something we didn’t want to rez, etc. etc. etc.

In other words, the F-key does so many functions that our attempts to loot were being “intercepted” by unwanted and irrelevant interactions.

So thumbs up to Anet for the not-on-the-F-key looting function, but AoE Loot is not looting as advertised until it also loots unopened chests!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

The bigger issue is that AoE Loot doesn’t open chests! You can be standing right on top of a chest and hit AoE Loot, but still leave the contents of the chest behind, untouched! Don’t ask me how I know this.

Yes, it does.

I’ve done it plenty of times running fractals and dungeons, I loot the mob/boss loot, and it also loots everything from the end chest too.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lolyta.4582

Lolyta.4582

Yes, it does.

I’ve done it plenty of times running fractals and dungeons, I loot the mob/boss loot, and it also loots everything from the end chest too.

Sorry, no it doesn’t.

AoE Looting when bound to a different key than the F-key doesn’t open/loot nearby chests in Fractals, it doesn’t on Dungeon bosses, it doesn’t on World Dragons and it doesn’t on Champs… I have paid close attention to this since I discovered that AoE Looting doesn’t open chests, and I have not seen ANY instance where it did in fact open/loot nearby chests. You still have to use the F-key to open chests, and you have to be very close to the chest for even that to work.

(edited by Lolyta.4582)

in Suggestions

Whitey.6185

No, it really does.

You use aoe loot on interact.

I bound my key to E, and don’t use F for anything. I’ve sometimes thought I didn’t get to loot a end chest because I already picked it up when looting the boss without realising.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I am tired of spamming my loot button and developing carpal tunnel. Things need to change with the loot system. I would prefer if it really did AUTO loot for me. Or if there was a system to just retrieve loot loot when you are finished and exiting a zone.

A radius increase on AoE loot would make me happier for the time being, but it wouldn’t solve the problem I have with it.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Suggestions

Posted by: yurdun.2501

yurdun.2501

i have never been able to loot chests using aoe loot

in Suggestions

Whitey.6185

Don’t know why people are saying they can’t loot chests with AOE loot.

I can loot boss loot and chest loot with a single press. I know I had trouble with AOE loot before with it not actually looting everything and still had to manually loot each mob/chest but now it loots everything in range with pressing the interact key.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

The suggestion: increase the range of the aoe loot, so that you won’t have to loot manually as much.

The less feasible solution would be to notify players who leave the area, what loot they left behind – like in GW1 when leaving an area. I see that this is much more difficult to do, since loot disappears after a few minutes and the zones are MUCH bigger now.

I’m fine with the range as-is, but if they want to increase it I wouldn’t complain.

And there are times I wish people would spam the loot button more often. For example, fighting the Shatterer. You are standing mostly in one small area for the whole battle. Many times we kill his minions and people don’t pick up their loot, so the bodies don’t disappear. They begin to pile up all around blocking my camera view. I have to constantly fight to find a new a camera position to see where to target my ranged AoE’s. And as I mentioned, there’s a relative small area in which most of the participants fight.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Semicolonkid.4620

Semicolonkid.4620

Personally, I’ve noticed I can AOE loot fractal chests and I THINK dungeon chests, but it doesn’t seem to work for chests like Jormag or other group events. So, I think this is why people are disagreeing.
I love the AOE loot feature and don’t see how the game would be less fun if the range were increased (since it can be a bit annoying when I outrange my loot), so I support this idea.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

Don’t know why people are saying they can’t loot chests with AOE loot.

I can loot boss loot and chest loot with a single press. I know I had trouble with AOE loot before with it not actually looting everything and still had to manually loot each mob/chest but now it loots everything in range with pressing the interact key.

When I’m in Fractals there’ll be the champ chest and the big reward chest and if I loot one the other will pick up too. At first I wasn’t aware of this and thought that the big chest was bugged! You are correct though in that when you run factals you loot all nearby chests.

Personally, I’ve noticed I can AOE loot fractal chests and I THINK dungeon chests, but it doesn’t seem to work for chests like Jormag or other group events. So, I think this is why people are disagreeing.
I love the AOE loot feature and don’t see how the game would be less fun if the range were increased (since it can be a bit annoying when I outrange my loot), so I support this idea.

What I said above is also true in the dungeon chests also. When I beat the Searing Effigy in CoF1 and loot the champ chest it takes the dungeon chest as well.

Semicolonkid brings up a good point in that the chests people interact with most often (jp chests, meta boss chests) may not have the same function as dungeons and fractals. They probably don’t loot the same way. Perhaps this can be attributed to the fact that dungeons/fractals are an instance.

To the OP I think the AoE loot range is more than adequate. I don’t see why you’re having an issue with 900 range. At least you’re not having to pick each individual mob clean like back in the day.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I think the AOE range is good.

What I would prefer, however, is for autoloot to mean just that – so when you get a drop, it’s automatically looted and placed into your inventory. Also, I think Anet needs to fix the countless drops that players miss out on. Time after time I’ve missed bags of loot that are right next to me, simply because I’m either downed or dead. For all I know, that could have been some badges of honor, a rare or even an exotic.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

“Always enabled auto loot” option would be better than increased range of looting. Looting is a pain, and its depressing to look at it as the drops are so terrible. The ability to filter loot picks would be nice as well. (ie) don’t pick up trophies.

in Suggestions

Posted by: NoobOnSteroid.7192

NoobOnSteroid.7192

Auto-loot should indeed be just that: auto-loot. Once your inventory is full, it should just show you a message, prompting you to clear your inventory. Once space is available, auto-looting resumes.

It’s a serious pain to loot all the lootbags after a big fight, and I’m sure I’ve missed out on lots of them by simply failing to notice. Just put it straight into my inventory, and let me continue to play without having to gather my loot.