begging now: more Meta chest events

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Please Anet, please I am begging, please add more Meta chest events to the game for all levels.

Meta Chest events are the closes thing we have to PvE raids. And its the only events that bring together the masses like PvE raiding in traditional MMOs do.

Tired of running the same few on these super long cooldown wait periods.

Please add more to the cycle.
Please add more. This gives us more fights in between cooldown wait periods.

in Suggestions

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

im so sorry m8

:(

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rusha.4725

Rusha.4725

How about Anet mails 10 chests per day to our accounts and save us from the hassle. That’d be great! Make it happen or bananas?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

There’s already a lot of meta events people don’t bother attending; for example the ogre camp battle in Fields of Ruin gives you a daily bonus chest

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

As Ryu says, there are a LOT that generate bonus chests already, with Mega Destroyer being looked into as well

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest

Scroll down for bonus chest list

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

I feel like it would be a good idea to add “expeditions to metas” which start in the main cities of the races. Let me explain:

• There is a area in each city where criers-NPCs announce the next upcoming Meta-Event. There are much more than people know.
  • The crier has a countdown-UI when his expedition starts. This UI is shown in each main city.
  • When the expedition starts the crier creates a portal to the zone where the next Meta Event starts.
  • The portal would bring you to the border of that map, people would run behind him – like the breakout-events in the WvW maps.

This would make the external dragon-timers redundant since you’d have an announcement-system in the game which leads to the next upcoming Metaevent. People would learn to know new Meta-Events which they haven’t seen before.

(big boss metas would have a dragon-logo on the UI-countdown timer)

Here’s a list of all those chest-metas:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19kvqk/list_of_world_bosses_events_with_the_new_chests/

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

(edited by Marcus Greythorne.6843)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I feel like it would be a good idea to add “expeditions to metas” which start in the main cities of the races. Let me explain:

• There is a area in each city where criers-NPCs announce the next upcoming Meta-Event. There are much more than people know.
  • The crier has a countdown-UI when his expedition starts. This UI is shown in each main city.
  • When the expedition starts the crier creates a portal to the zone where the next Meta Event starts.
  • The portal would bring you to the border of that map, people would run behind him – like the breakout-events in the WvW maps.

This would make the external dragon-timers redundant since you’d have an announcement-system in the game which leads to the next upcoming Metaevent. People would learn to know new Meta-Events which they haven’t seen before.

I like this. If the dragon events where more like the temple events, I wouldn’t feel like “hey I waited for xx minutes, now give me my chest”, I’d actually feel like I earned the dang thing…

I like to think of it as a cruise ship, you get off at a port and there are people with signs for expeditions. If the main cities offered different expeditions lead by NPCs where groups could enter their name, then when the expedition for say The Shatterer starts, they go thru part of the zone or zones leading up to it completing separate events to draw out the dragon. Other, smaller meta events, could offer the same, free tele with a decent chain leading up to the main event.

Longer and better meta events = more fun, more loot and more working together and less of this OMG YOU GUESTER GTFO

I don’t think we need more meta events per se, we just need better ways to access the current events. Most people don’t know where they are or when they start, that’s why it seems like their are only 6-7 metas events.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mattargul.9235

Mattargul.9235

Half the events – dragons and other super bosses – are NOTHING like raids. It’s a mob with pitchforks and torches. There is no coordination, no communication. Unless all that defines raids for you are “lots of people doing whatever”.

Some temple events are somewhat like raids, as there are multiple goals that need to be accomplished (Balty, Grenth) and things kept in a certain state (Lyssa), which does require a little coordination, though other temples are the same face-roll until dead type (Melandru, Dwayna).

Dungeons I think are the closest we come to raids, but for the number of people. No, actually, WvW is the closest we are to raids in terms of complexity and number of people.

Dances with Leaves – Guardian – Sanctum of Rall (SoR)

in Suggestions

Randulf.7614

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/19kvqk/list_of_world_bosses_events_with_the_new_chests/

Hmm, I like this idea too. Nice thought!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

but also more for lower levels. I use to like doing Maw fights to level up. But that was until they nerfed the bosses to no longer reward chest or decent exp after the first fight per day.

very events for low levels bring in population like meta chest events do.

I must admit, many meta events people just dont do anymore for some reason.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As Ryu says, there are a LOT that generate bonus chests already, with Mega Destroyer being looked into as well

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chest

Scroll down for bonus chest list

That’s very interesting. I knew about the main ones but not about most of the others.

If there was an announcer in the main cities, that might be an idea worth considering. Most people just go to the ones on that timer and the events get swarmed. ANet should look into this and consider the pros and cons.

in Suggestions

Randulf.7614

Not necs the home cities, but perhaps the central ctown of the zone, to encourage more ppl to be there

in Suggestions

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

Hmm, I like this idea too. Nice thought!

if you like it take a look at this:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1epr4f/npcs_who_announce_lead_you_to_the_next_appearing/?sort=new
It could use a bit of positive feedback

http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!