create a no-benefit account subscription

in Suggestions

Posted by: Last Godslayer.7425

Last Godslayer.7425

I don’t like buying gems, even if it supports the Anet team. Buying gems to me feels like cheating since it’s my outside wallet helping my in-game wallet.

I’d like a way to support this game and feel like I had a part in making it the best it could be. My suggestion is kitten per month no-benefit subscription that doesn’t do anything but put a badge by the account holder’s name or exploration star on each of his/her characters.

yay/nay?

(edited by Last Godslayer.7425)

in Suggestions

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

Buying gems helps arenanet team. Nobody says you have to buy gems and convert it into gold, and a XX per month subscription with no benefits is literally buying gems per month and then not using them. Buy some of the other stuff in the gem store like armor skins, or minis, or black lion chest keys or something if you don’t want to make it feel like your outside wallet is helping your ingame wallet.

in Suggestions

Last Godslayer.7425

Buying gems helps arenanet team. Nobody says you have to buy gems and convert it into gold.

I probably wouldn’t convert to gold but I would use them to help me somehow. Also I buy gems with gold and that would I don’t want to have to keep a record of what i’ve bought with cash.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Buying Gems does absolutely nothing for ANet. That money goes to NCSoft, not ANet. NCSoft can choose to put that money toward ANet or anything else they choose.

If you don’t want to buy Gems, don’t, and don’t feel like you’re not supporting the game because that isn’t the case. You’re also not supporting the game when you do buy them.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Last Godslayer.7425

Buying Gems does absolutely nothing for ANet. That money goes to NCSoft, not ANet. NCSoft can choose to put that money toward ANet or anything else they choose.

If you don’t want to buy Gems, don’t, and don’t feel like you’re not supporting the game because that isn’t the case. You’re also not supporting the game when you do buy them.

I am now deeply unsettled to hear I have no way to directly support the Anet team.

Could Anet make something like the account subscription without needing NCsoft’s permission? or maybe a deal could be made for most of the subscription money to go to Anet.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I am now deeply unsettled to hear I have no way to directly support the Anet team.

Could Anet make something like the account subscription without needing NCsoft’s permission? or maybe a deal could be made for most of the subscription money to go to Anet.

Probably not, but I honestly have no idea how that works anyway.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker