Posted by: Suxen.8574

Suxen.8574

Suxen [OdS] – thief in Baruch Bay [ES] – Spain

(edited by Suxen.8574)

design style for weapons and armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

We find this style of Aion, this is not really the same worlds Gw2.

Must leave a gw2 its style, but we have more varied armor so … if they put the skins gw1 …

# Asura because I’m worth it!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Encron.5394

Encron.5394

I agree that there are too many similar armor/weapon designs while leveling. I like the idea of my character being unique in comparison to others, making it YOUR char. But with all this similar looking gear, we’re all just walking copies.
You could state that the coloring system does give the char it’s unique look, but i’m no fan. Most standard colors are real wack and don’t make the armor look ‘realistic’ (if that’s even the right term to use in a virtual world filled with magic). I’m always looking for a genuine black color yet it happens to be a very rare color which goes for lots of $ on the trading post… sigh.
I played WoW several years ago and the variety of items was extremely large. And what I especially liked was the fact that while gaining levels your character began to look more epic. The first 20 levels you just looked plain crap to be honest. But hey that’s how a newbie should look right?
I now have the feeling that only level 80 exotic gear looks cool and all that comes before looks mediocre at best.
As for the weapons, I’ll give a quick example. My lvl 74 warrior alt has a lvl 70 rare axe that looks just the same as the standard axe you see throughout all the levels. I mean come on, it looks like a freaking wood-logger’s axe! Be creative, make some weap/armors with special effects, big spikes, oversized greatswords, fire dripping staves, the whole lot. And not only the lvl 80 exotics… (which can also tend to look rather boring in some cases)
Don’t lose the GW’s style and feeling, but expand it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Guild Wars’ style is a lot more realistic-looking; you only have the most Exotic weapons with a fancy fantasy look.

I like it.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Encron.5394

Yeah I totally agree on the fact that they should look realistic. I’m no fan of the cartoon-style of WoW. I’m trying to say that it’s hard to find a unique looking weapon/armor before level 80. It’s as if being that level is totally insignificant. Only at 80 you start caring about armor/weapons.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Oh definitely. It is a kitten shame that there is virtually no visual difference between the Copper weapons you start forging to the Mithril ones you forge way later on.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Suggestions

Encron.5394

Exactly, that’s what I meant with my lvl 70 rare axe looking just the same as a lvl 1-10 white axe. Thank God you can transmute

in Suggestions

Posted by: Geikamir.6329

Geikamir.6329

I definitely agree that we need more armor and weapon skins in the game. However, most of the ones that you posted look pretty bad. Too anime for GW2.

Toons: Foreseer, Geikamir, Rapscallion, Specimen, Scythian, Zeau, Ärtifact, and Replica.