dont spawn DE if not enough players are near

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

Accept it anet. the DE are an utter failure in many zones because they are dead and no one would be worse off if you removed them. and you should know why. and i cant imagine why you wouldnt but ill tell you anyway. its because most of your clients just want end game gear grind. theyll always want that status and the grind. accept it.

i am not one of these people. i actually explore these dead zones. im someone that likes to kill almost everything in an area i am passing through (i dont 100% very many maps but if i see an event i used to go to them). on that point if an event cant be done solo. or with 3 people (average players because i know everyone on the forums is the best player in the world except me, or just better than me and im the worst player ect ect.) so anyway if an event cant be done with 3 players and thyere are 3 players in that area. dont make the event spawn. instead make a chest spawn.

this will migrate people to less explored areas. by all means keep the monsters and stuff there even though players will and can outrun them and just grab the chest. people WILL then go to these areas in hopes of nabbing chests anyone can use 1 time. and if theres enough people instead of a chest youll just get an event. its win win. chest hunters might just abandon if an event spawns instead of a chest. but some might just think “well im here anyway” and instead of paying the teleport fees will carry out the event or look for another event or chest. eventually the chest hunters will leave. but this system will still reward the exploring type, i like doing events, and playing with people, i also like getting chests. what i dont like is running past events (or monsters in dungeons which seems to be increasingly more common as the average gamer finds them too difficult even though theyre the same people whining how easy the game is, guess theyd just rather run past a bunch of really hard monsters then fight just hard monsters.)

also the items should not be any different from chests found in dungeons (not gold ones) and should not contain anything farmable or holiday items. (no dungeon Ascalonian tears ect.). they should just reward people that are in an otherwise dead area with a little treat instead of taunting us with “i bet you wish you could do this event”. my gear isnt perfect and im not the best player granted. but i want something i can at least attampt.

Edit: maybe spawn a gaurding champion by each chest, dont make him have to be killed to open it otherwise its really just another event. just put him there to aggrivate chest nab and grabs.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

(edited by poe lyfe.5879)

in Suggestions

Posted by: sterling.4238

sterling.4238

I disagree. I’ve only played for a few hours but from what I’ve seen of the starting zone, things are too orderly. There are so many people that all events that happen are successfully completed. The bad guys never have a chance to gain a foothold. I’m looking forward to getting into less densely populated areas where I need to do some clean up work and reclaim some land. If I can’t do that on my own then I’ll have to grab a few friends to help me.

Part of your idea is good though. There needs to be some incentive to exploring the road less traveled. ANet already does this to some degree with bonus XP for killing creatures who have been around longer. They could do something similar with DEs. Bonus XP/Karma/Coin for completing events that haven’t been completed for a while. It might offset the lower karma reward for DEs in lower level zones.

in Suggestions

Posted by: poe lyfe.5879

poe lyfe.5879

i think youll change your mind once you hit 60 about cleaning up after the bad guys. enemies in that take a lot more hits and dont go down easliy as in starting areas. i kinda like the idea of a higher karma award but if i cant do an event solo then a higher reward isnt going to help me. and it seems like that would just encourage weekly or even daily farming crews to clear out an area as opposed to attracting actual explorers that wont rush through the game and experience the game as the designers intended. i believe both of our ideas are better than what weve got though. maybe a combination of the two will happen. but your idea actually seems more likely.

Wintersday is for the Charr, also Meatober.

in Suggestions

Posted by: robinsiebler.3801

robinsiebler.3801

I have been at plenty of DEs that are empty. However, I would rather that the DE happened and I could see any players within a reasonable distance on the map, so I could know whether to skip the event to try and rally support.

This message was brought to you by a Kitten with a Keyboard

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nox Aeterna.2965

Nox Aeterna.2965

I disagree also.

Honestly , im doing 100% , still need to find 1 event i could not solo.

Gear Grind: Confirmed – Searching New MMO: Found – Changing MMO: Waiting Launch

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bahamadude.4925

Bahamadude.4925

I understand thatsome mobs have a kitten re spawn rate. i think THAT is what he’s taking about. spawns that happen so fast that it’s almost impossible to fight off.

however if this is the case, why not just make it a point to NOT goes in areas you know several mobs will pop up?

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I could agree with group events, as not everyone can do them alone, but not with the rest.

Unless there’s some stupidly powerful champion that is like a Vulcan machinegun of unavoidable attacks, I can deal with anything alone.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!