easier way to get precurser

in Suggestions

Posted by: RisenAlexander.6850

RisenAlexander.6850

I have a suggetion to how you can get precoursers, and how to get people go run the dungeons more often. I will start by saying that i have almost EVERY single peice i need for my twilight. But i will not farm 700!!! Gold just to get my precurser, and there my intrest in the game falls.

Because i certanly dont think that a precurser is worth so much money, and i am diseppointed that the game has been out soo long and you still havn’t fixed the thing most of the serious gamers are angry about.

And here comes my suggestion, as many of you know the intrest in the dungeons have just fallen. The only dungeon i see actively played is citedel of flame path 1. And thats a shame because when a player reaches lvl 80 and thinks i want a cool dungeon armor and then coes to that dungeon and finds no one there, he looses the intrest in the game. And that is the reason i suggest that it could be a recepy to get an accauntbound precurser ticket, and trade it for a chosen precurser if you combine all the dungeon gifts.

That would maybe give moore activety in the dungeons and please just put it up with the other legendary recipies at mianis shop for 10gold or 20. Dont make it a really random chance drop or something.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

I quite like the idea to combine all dungeon gifts to get a precursor.

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TheDaiBish.9735

TheDaiBish.9735

Out of curiosity, what is the difference between farming 700 gold and farming dungeons repeatedly? They’re both grinding at the end of the day.

Mathematically speaking, you’d have to do a total of 9 runs (8 without the DR, and a 9th with) to get the Gift.

I disagree that it should be easier, or just another grind. What it does need to be is more engaging. Outside of, but incorporating, the usual content, with a backstory to guide the process.

For example, the Orichalcum to make a precursor needs to be imbued with energy in order to strengthen it so it can withstand the power it will absorb. For example:

Frostfang – Gaining stacks of the debuff during the Claw of Jormag fight. Requires the player to have x stacks, and every, say, 10 seconds, 1 piece of Orichalcum in your inventory gets imbued. However, dying causes all of the Orichalcum in your inventory to lose its energy (this encourages more skillful play, and reduces the margin of error you can make.).

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAxolotl.7562

WhiteAxolotl.7562

Combining dungeon tokens might be a good idea although just all the gifts would be too easy.
You’d have to do it like this:
4 * 250 Dungeon tokens = 1 Particle (Specific to dungeon)
4 * 1 Particle (4 Different dungeons) = 1 Fragment (Two different type)
2 * 1 Fragment + Eldrith Scroll + 25 Bottle of Elonian wine = Entity()
Gift of Ascension + Entity() + Bloodstone + 250 Glob of Ectoplasm = Account bound precursor

Entity() will have to be imbued with certain energy to define the precursor.
To obtain the tooth of frostfang’s energy for instance you will have to activate your entity and have it charge up to 100% (By enduring his frost conditions) without interruption (dying, leaving, whatsoever, (Healing should be allowed)).
(Obviously ripped off from the guy above, I just liked the idea :P)

All in all, it will cause a player to have to spend less gold but more time in actually playing the game rather than farming CoF p1 all day everyday. Also the player will have to spend more skill points, which can be gained by doing the dungeons required for the fragments.

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

If you attach a way to get it through dungeons you had better add it to the other game modes too. I haven’t set foot in a dungeon in months because I just don’t care for them. Figure out how to add it to WvW without using badges and I’ll be on board.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mist Y.5214

Mist Y.5214

If you attach a way to get it through dungeons you had better add it to the other game modes too. I haven’t set foot in a dungeon in months because I just don’t care for them. Figure out how to add it to WvW without using badges and I’ll be on board.

What’s wrong with using badges?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Magische Boek.2530

Magische Boek.2530

just to throw an idea out there… what if every path has a special item rewarded, so you would need to do the story path and the 3 explore paths and use the 4 rewards together in the mystic forge, and that for each dungeon. at arah its the 4 explore path without the storyline path since this path is involved in the storyline already anyway.

example:

cof story mode: reward 1
cof path 1: reward 2
cof path 2: reward 3
cof path 3: reward 4

combine these 4 rewards in the mystic forge to get the cof reward.
you should not be able to get that reward when there’s already one of them on your acount.

I’m not arguing!
I’m simply explaining why I’m right.