festive jumping puzzles

festive jumping puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

i would like to suggest a more exploration oriented jumping puzzle for all upcoming events.
you could use the change in landscape (snow giving you a higher reach to jump to get up ledges previously inaccessible, for example) to start it off.
you could integrate it into the other dimensions you designed specifically for this event, or just add it to the cities where the events are taking place.

this will reduce “time trail” frustration. i think with all the talented people in anet it should be possible to create a jumping puzzle that is not timed but still has the same difficulty. moving platforms, mazes and whatnot could assist in this greatly.

i did finish the jumping puzzle, but my willingness to enjoy it was harassed by the wait when you failed, as well as the “i knew the platform was there but i missed it an inch” factor.

anyway, despite this minor thing i have enjoyed the wintersday events greatly.
keep up the good work!

Cyto

festive jumping puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unicorn Goddess.1063

Unicorn Goddess.1063

I very much dislike the timed aspect of the mad king and the wintersday jumping puzzles. It really ruins them for me to the point I end up more annoyed at the game that it’s worth to play. I would much rather be able to pick my difficulty. These events should be fun, not aggravating to the point of never wanting to return.

festive jumping puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Guitarzero.8316

Guitarzero.8316

in all honesty the wintersday one is a million times easier than clock tower.

there needs to be some pressure element and the timing on this one is fairly light. I think you just need to trust yourself. Thinking on these timed JPs usually kills ya :p

festive jumping puzzles

in Suggestions

Cyto.9401

what i am trying to say, Guitarzero, is not that i have issues with the puzzle, nor that it is to difficult, i am saying that the timing is a diminishing factor on the fun level of the jumping puzzle experience. the scenery was wonderful yet you have no time to enjoy it due to your focus being on jumping to the next platform.
i doubt, for example, that many people noticed the gifts that are on the top of the towers when the puzzle starts, explode once you get close to them.

i would have much rather have they used the snowflakes and the candies to make a more platform based difficulty, like using height as an extra barrier, or make it so that there is only one path leading to the next part, and a lot of paths that don’t.
the exploding packages were a decent enough idea, but i would rather see and wait which packages explode and in what order. this would then take planning and thinking to overcome.
the snowballs are an example of how it could have been. if not for your health you could have waited there and looked around to find your path.
and the ending was spectacular enough.

i am confident they could have made it so the puzzle would be equally difficult, and not time pressured at all.

thanks for your reply though, +1 regardless

festive jumping puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

I outright give up on the time-based puzzles because my FPS is low, and I can’t possible load in time to keep up with the natural hazards in the puzzle zones.

Would love a non-timed puzzle, even if it were more difficult to compensate.
- And especially if players got their own instances for it, so that we didn’t have to deal with giant Norns in the way.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

(edited by DreamOfACure.4382)

festive jumping puzzles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Unicorn Goddess.1063

Unicorn Goddess.1063

I just always feel I can’t keep up with my camera angle and the speed needed, but I do play on an older machine…..I’d rather have harder and untimed. I honestly had someone else do the clock tower for me.

festive jumping puzzles

in Suggestions

Cyto.9401

i had not considered the higher requirements. when your computer can not keep up, how can you keep up :P