free specific waypoint items

free specific waypoint items

in Suggestions

Posted by: Clobimon.9652

Clobimon.9652

I’m a +7 year vet of GW so you can ‘sympathize’ with me if you’ve also had a lot of experience with the first game and were/are accustomed to free travel. I imagine similar suggestions have popped up prior to this, but just to make sure…

I’ll begin by saying I’m not completely against waypoint travel cost. However, as ANet has undoubtedly heard before, one of the better things in GW was the abililty for players to move around the map to join others to play and also for the purpose of completing certain objectives once your character is max level. I’ve seen numerous comments about the cost of waypoint travel in GW2 since launch, yet I understand the reasons they put a bit of a cost to it…
I don’t suggest that they eliminate waypoint cost completely (even if it’s a wish), but rather that they add attainable items that provide free travel from a specific waypoint to another (on a timer or not). This is something I’ve seen in other games with fast travel cost that seemed to work pretty well. In other words, add an attainable item from a specific event or boss that allows for free travel from one part of the map to another (example: free travel between waypoints in Frostgorge Sound and Malchor’s Leap).