gemstore skins unlimited use, like HoM

in Suggestions

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

The suggestion here is that gemstore skins function like HoM gear. Once you have it, you can get the skins over and over. Many of us run multiple builds on characters, so we have multiple sets of armor. It seems rather unfair that I must buy the entire set of armor again and again and again just so I can wear the same coat on my other set(s) of gear… I’d be more than happy to pay a bit more in gems just so my skinset would be unlocked forever, just like the new zenith, radiant, and hellfire skins.

Please Thumbs Up this post to show support

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

(edited by WhiteAndMilky.2514)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

+1 from me
/15 char

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Agreed. This is how it was in GW1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: banana.9038

banana.9038

+1

I’d probably end up buying all the skin sets if this was ever changed. Should do the same thing with infinite gathering tools (just “withdraw” them on any character whenever you want)/misc other items as well.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Late For Tea.1846

Late For Tea.1846

Would love to see it happen, but doubt it will.
Would make me buy all the skins though, opposed to non (as they will just catch dust as I can’t decide which of my 8 alts to put it on).

in Suggestions

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Honestly the reason I DIDN’T buy the Halloween and Wintersday costumes is because they weren’t account-bound. I’d be more inclined to spend my money on things I knew would be there forever like they were in GW1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Valner.9563

Valner.9563

This, do this plz!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Harnel.6810

Harnel.6810

Oddly enough, this suggestions is the same reason why Free to play MMOs are doing so well, and the reason Guild Wars 2 is such a blockbuster. The number of people that buy gem-store items is dwarfed by the community that simply doesn’t, but a large level of that would shift over in favor of purchasing if we could have our skins on demand rather than buy once and then have to pay again. I daresay I’d probably buy every form of armor skin on the trading post if the option to have them permanently was enabled, but as it stands I’ve bought all of one suit off there.

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

+1
Also, as a guy who loves (finds it necessary, really) to mix-n-match his armor, I would love to see each part of the armor sold individually (example: I love the Aetherblade medium hat, but don’t care for the rest of it- so I’d love to buy that hat alone for 1/5 the cost as opposed to spending 10 bucks on the entire set that I just won’t use outside the hat).

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Major support from me. Should have been like this from day one. Also needs a WvW rank reset option – I’d pay gems for that.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

in Suggestions

Posted by: dcwow.1672

dcwow.1672

Agreed. Like others, I would be more-inclined to buy all skins, even the ugly ones, just because they’d be permanent and reusable.

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Yeah, I like to play dress up with my characters. Since I have 16 of them, buying gemstore skins is almost pointless. I’d be more than happy to buy all the armor skins, and MOST of the townclothes if they made them permanent unlocks.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ScoHook.6198

ScoHook.6198

I would love that, some of the gem armors are really nice!

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

+1 I would like this update.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Please do, ANet. You may see an upswing in Gem-skin purchases.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ves.8236

Ves.8236

+ 1 i dont wanna spend 600 gems every time i wanna give my alt character unique skin. I wonder what ArenaNet think about it. It is worth to give us something like this – and do they have something to say about it?

From the smallest blade of grass to the highest mountain, where life goes—so, too, should you.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Cash grab plane and simple…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

+1

I’d probably end up buying all the skin sets if this was ever changed. Should do the same thing with infinite gathering tools (just “withdraw” them on any character whenever you want)/misc other items as well.

I would pay more for an infinite gathering tool I can use on any character.

Yeah this’d be nice but I doubt they’d do it, that means they dont get as much money in the long run.

in Suggestions

WhiteAndMilky.2514

+1

I would pay more for an infinite gathering tool I can use on any character.

Yeah this’d be nice but I doubt they’d do it, that means they dont get as much money in the long run.

I disagree, I think they would get more money in the long run. People who buy multiples of the same skin set are rare, which means little money from re-purchases. Yet there are many players out there who are collectors, and would be more than happy to buy up all the gemstore skins if they were a permanent unlocks, which means lots more cash through the shop. Which in turn ups the value of gems, and then people buy gems and convert them to gold. It circles on itself.