give overflow priority to server natives

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

Whekittenone is in overflow, put any guests at the end of the list and prioritize players native to the server. This is primary an issue with dragon events on highly populated servers. We attract a LOT of guests because it is well known that we will fill up the zone and thus have an easy event… however this is a problem for natives as we can not get out of overflow to do our own events on our own servers.

Any guests who are already in the zone when an overflow is spawned would of course stay there, however the overflow list should give priority to players native to the server.

in Suggestions

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Home servers are there because of WvWvW which is not PvE. In PvE home servers does not matter. Anybody has just as much right to be on a server for PvE reasons as anybody else does, Homworld is only for WvWvW.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

If that was the case then all PVE content would be mashed onto one server. It’s not so it DOES matter.

If this doesn’t affect you, please move along so those who do PVE can talk.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Advert Paperer.7059

Advert Paperer.7059

however this is a problem for natives as we can not get out of overflow to do our own events on our own servers.

There is a workaround for this problem: join a large guild. Whenever a world-boss event occurs in primetime I see Guild chat fill up with “stuck in overflow, please help” messages. So long as at least one guild member made it into the native map instance, they can invite others to join them. It helps that the boss fights themselves are over-populated and face-rollingly easy; I can watch Guild chat and send out party invites without much risk

Guests could theoretically do the same thing, but a server-native guild will tend to have an advantage in communications and response speed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sapherin.8352

Sapherin.8352

The major problem with this “Join a Large Guild” fix is that all the guilds that would do this only want experienced players close or at end game. New players are the ones most adversely effected by the guest server hoppers due to being unable to join these “large guilds”. It is essentially driving away new players and stunting GW2’s growth due to these new players losing interest because of the bitter taste these server hoppers are leaving them with. So before you start spouting “join a large guild” keep in mind that you may have been playing this game for sometime and are able to get accepted into those guilds while new players such as myself and some of my friends are losing interest and dropping the game due to this.