how to fix PETS for Rangers.....

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Why can’t pets have a trait line?

instead of traits that increase attack or defense. have traits that change the way the pet reacts to situations.

here are 5 examples,

Trait 1: if pet takes more than 50% dmg from AOE. pet retreats to Master.
Trait 2: if pet is imobilzed, set Mode to Passive.
Trait 3: never switch target after first auto hit.
Trait 4: if Master is being attacked, retreat back to master in aggresive mode.
Trait 5: if commanded to be passive stay/ sit at location

i think this would solve the AI issue we cant have hundreads of different " non beneficial traits " that could be set to pets. and it gives us more Diversity.
each ranger with his own lets say " Pet management Trait line " within the pet interface.

in short. give pets their own Trait tree within the pet interface.
STICKY?

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

These aren’t traits, they’re scripts. It would definately be cool is we could define some scripts like this, but I don’t see that actually happening. It actually makes me think of Dragon Age: Origin, since I happen to be playing it now.

Following that line of through it could actually be something directly connected to your Beastmaster Trait. So as you gain traits, possible minor and major, you gain access to more scripts. So having 30 in Beastmaster would give you, maybe 8 scripts, one per trait and 2 as a base number cause there needs to be something. So you can really define how they act, like a true Beastmaster. Even without that, though, you could still have two traits like run away from AoEs and target ranged attackers over melee, kind of thing.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

Exactly. its such a simple fix….

the AI would be much more bearable .

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Exactly. its such a simple fix….

the AI would be much more bearable .

Nothing is simple, nothing is ever simple. This is actually an increadibly hard fix because it would require a whole new UI specific for the scripts. They would have to make up the different scripts we can make use of, which would never be comprehensive enough. They would have to create a way to update the available scripts and they would have to link them to the pets. That’s not something they just flip a switch and it’s done, it’s a major overhaul of the pet system. Which is why it’s a pipe dream.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Tell you what is an easy fix that IS simple and isn’t a major overhaul: change the code that makes the pet pop out in combat so I don’t have to work with a broken mechanic. Bam. Pets fixed. You can still have your pet out if you want. Everybody is happy.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

I had my pet fixed. Now he just sits around and sleeps all day.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xanthus.1278

Xanthus.1278

I had my pet fixed. Now he just sits around and sleeps all day.

+1

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

how to fix PETS for Rangers…..

REMOVE THEM.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LED.4739

LED.4739

Hey Zardul and others, could u take a look at another concept for improving Pets?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Improving-Ranger-Pet-Mechanics/first#post2302396

Feedback appreciated

in Suggestions

Kal Spiro.9745

Hey Zardul and others, could u take a look at another concept for improving Pets?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Improving-Ranger-Pet-Mechanics/first#post2302396

Feedback appreciated

Hated it, but you already knew that.