local governments

local governments

in Suggestions

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Most zones in this game seems to be missing any concept of local governments. There are too few lords, mayors, tax collectors, military officers, elders, doctors.

This game needs more small towns that have some government within them and the surrounding areas. This idea will also help Aet to create more interesting stories and DE’s.

As It is now small towns seem to have no identity to them. With little interesting things happening. To make me care about the area.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

local governments

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

this is a joke right?

local governments

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

this is a joke right?

No your the joke!

The open world is has no since a working government or communities. Every NPC is just a average NPC. No one look like they are in charge of their areas. And each zone still appears to be half finished.

As it is now players just move through towns without knowing or caring about the towns lore.

local governments

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

Also NPC’s seem to have NO life and just stand still. This does not make the game feel alive.

local governments

in Suggestions

Onshidesigns.1069

The whole point of this post is that every area in every zone is missing in depth detail. The little things that make the game world believable.

Anet should have one full time team. To update each zone one at a with in depth detail. More local government is one example of how to add more in depth detail to the world.

local governments

in Suggestions

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

I actually agree with this. Each race’s city has clearly-delineated governance but said governance tends to disappear outside the city gates. Adding smaller governing bodies (lords, etc, like you suggested) could be a really cool way to give areas more character. Queensdale actually does this really well already. Then again, Queensdale is just a great zone in general.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

local governments

in Suggestions

Posted by: technonewt.2907

technonewt.2907

I’m all for adding more and more detail to make the world look like a real place, but I also do understand that they do have limited employees and time. So many a little bit over a long period of time would be nice.