lower cost of end game karma gear please

in Suggestions

Posted by: WarHammer.7018

WarHammer.7018

Now ive noticeall the dun geon token gears such as arah, sorrows embrace,COF.. Etc are very reasonably obtainable especially after the last patch you can get 60 tokens at first run then about 45 to 30 after that. And a piece of armor ranges from 180 to 300 per armor set. But for some people like my self. I personally is looking for vitality.toughness.power stats for my armor and dont like the way sorrows embra dredge armor looks like.. So my other option is to get the arah karma gear wich looks awesome. But at 42 k karma a piece its really hard to grind it out anyone else feel the same way?not trying to complain so much but i feel like it should be a bit more affordable. What do you all think?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

Definitely an issue. Orr has been a huge disappointment all around and this MASSIVE SUPER EXTRA LARGE MURDEROUS grind doesn’t help it at all.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Undermine.1678

Undermine.1678

The Karma items are in line with the armor and weapons that cost coin.

As you gain in levels you will gain more and more karma from events. And you don’t even have to complete the event… just merely doing enough and moving on to the next nearest event. Or in WvW you can get 3-5 events in the same spot in 30-120 seconds.

Karma is easier to make than gold and things bought with karma are already discounted. There is no need to change it further and threaten economic instability toward crafting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

The Karma items are in line with the armor and weapons that cost coin.

Tell me, how can I pay coin to get precision/condition damage/toughness gear for my necro ?
The only armor set with those stats that can be bought is Khilbron’s set. But that requires people to get the drop, then list it on the trading post. Meaning 8-11 gold per piece, except the headgear which wasn’t listed when I last checked.

My choices are currently grinding out dungeon tokens, or grinding out karma.

If there was a craftable exotic light armor with those stats, then I wouldn’t mind, as crafted exotics are much cheaper.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Undermine.1678

Undermine.1678

The only armor set with those stats that can be bought is Khilbron’s set.

Did you read what was said? This is not a Karma set.

But in my opinion, Carrion is a better bet with Primary Condition Damage and Secondary Power and Vitality.

in Suggestions

Posted by: dimgl.4786

dimgl.4786

Dude…making a legendary weapon costs over 500k. These things are meant to keep you playing, and it’s not something you can just get from one day to another. It may take you months.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

The only armor set with those stats that can be bought is Khilbron’s set.

Did you read what was said? This is not a Karma set.

But in my opinion, Carrion is a better bet with Primary Condition Damage and Secondary Power and Vitality.

My point is that, while karma sets are in line with coin purchasable sets, some of the coin purchasable sets are far too expensive to be viable alternatives.

Also I’m running a condition build. So my attacks have very little base damage, so power doesn’t do much. But I do have a lot of things that trigger on crits, making precision useful.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ridley.3691

Ridley.3691

Karma sets from Orr are stupidly expensive. 42,000 karma for a single piece of equipment is just ridiculous, I rarely ever bought anything with karma while levelling, and after getting to 80 and spending a couple days just doing events in Orr to see what they were like, I could barely afford one piece. They should be a third of the cost they are now, it would be a very tedious grind to get a set.