me want new playable race and 2 classes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

im bored. already bought 2 more slots , 10 total. ready for 2 new classes and maybe tengu 2 maps next to LA and caledon forest. lets go. phew phew. lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

such topic. much wow.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Hate to rain on your parade folks but Anet devs have said they are happy with 8 classes, which they believe cover all bases.

So no new classes any time soon, the next year or three…

I think they have also said no new races are planned atm…

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

Blizz was happy with their original class lineup until they found out that people still wanted more classes. Death Knight and Monk still happened though.

You can add more classes, but you have to remain creative about what they do. I think the big worry that a lot of folks have, including myself as someone who really wants more classes – is that ANet seems to have milked their creative juices. They no longer seem intent to innovate, but maintain the status quo they set.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Brighthawk.2705

Brighthawk.2705

We have a wide array of styles with the classes we already have. What would a new class accomplish that could not be handled by the introduction of new weapons and skills? Increasing build diversity and skill niches is what we really need.

in Suggestions

Posted by: TamTiTam.9574

TamTiTam.9574

I would prefer them wo work on new Skills, more (usefull) Builds and better Balancing for the existing Classes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

We have a wide array of styles with the classes we already have. What would a new class accomplish that could not be handled by the introduction of new weapons and skills? Increasing build diversity and skill niches is what we really need.

Leveling a new class could be FUN. And considering that’s the only fun you’d see since hitting level 80, I would think you’d jump at the chance. I do agree that I would rather have more build diversity and new skills before a new class is released. A new class would just add to the jumbled confusion of crap that is SPvP and PvE.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

If we get any more classes it will just be a third heavy class. They’ve thrown around ideas about it a few times, but are currently satisfied with the mixup. However, they have said that existing classes will definitely be getting moderate changes long term.

I’ll settle for my Enginner being able to use a Hammer.
(But Playing a Skritt would be nice :P)

Leveling a new class could be FUN. And considering that’s the only fun you’d see since hitting level 80, I would think you’d jump at the chance.

I disagree, level 80 is where everything begins in this game. There is way more to do beyond that, for example working for ascended/legendary, or becoming a commander and learning the ropes or even starting your own guild. Getting to the max level is easy in this game (requiring only about 30% map completion if you don’t run any champ trains, living story or anything “cheap” like that), and doesn’t even account for maybe 5% of the overall game experience.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

in Suggestions

Posted by: LoreChief.8391

LoreChief.8391

I disagree, level 80 is where everything begins in this game. There is way more to do beyond that, for example working for ascended/legendary, or becoming a commander and learning the ropes or even starting your own guild. Getting to the max level is easy in this game (requiring only about 30% map completion if you don’t run any champ trains, living story or anything “cheap” like that), and doesn’t even account for maybe 5% of the overall game experience.

I have to disagree with most of what you said.

Level 80 is most certainly not where everything begins in this game, that starts at level 1. The only content that is level-gated is the access to dungeons at set level intervals, and trait access. I can outfit a level 2 character to look just like a level 80 character if I so chose. I can do SPvP from lvl 2, WvW from lvl 2, personal story begins at level 1, living story usually involves level up-scaling, so again – from lvl 2.

Earning a legendary is the goal of maybe .5% of the people who play this game. That is just fine. Don’t assume it is everyones goal and therefore the game officially starts at “mindlessly grinding your butt off for a single item.” Getting to level 80 is easy, for some – yes. It is easier for those with money, and moreso for those who aren’t afraid of growing tired of a class they leveled completely by crafting…. Exploring the game though – is a very big part of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now, back onto the actual subject. I see it presented a lot that “ANet is satisfied with the current class options” and “ANet will never add another class option, they will just add to existing classes.” Oh how excited I was to hear we’d be seeing new skills by the end of the year just a few months ago. Finally! Wait, whats that? Oh.. the new skill is a universal niche-situation healing skill?… No new class utilities, healing, elites, weapons, weapon combo’s?…. I see…

I’m not very satisfied with the small changes they’ve made to classes in the last year. I was hoping for new/fresh content on the player-angle, to at least be announced as a work in progress… namely;

• New races
  • A new profession or 2 (2 preferably)
  • New weapon combo’s
  • New skills
  • A real trait system that promotes customized playstyles
  • New weapons in general
  • New character customization options

But with the exception of some new hair cuts and colors that are gem shop exclusive, none of the other ones have happened, nor do we know if they will ever actually happen. It stagnates pretty quickly, even for us alt-a-holics who have several 80’s and more to work on. It is not enough, and I am a bit let down that what at first appeared to be a fast developing/innovating world has so quickly turned into a “earn some achievements on a practically lore-less event schedule, then repeat in 2 weeks – fill in all other time with alt-grinding and WvW sessions.”

There is some very good content on the way, but content updates need to happen for our characters as well as the maps/quests. I’ve suggested numerous things to update/change/improve classes, new skills, new classes, new trait systems – etc. A lot of players are like me, and they yearn for dramatic changes to the game that make it feel new/exciting again. ANet is fully within their power to make this happen, but we don’t know why they haven’t, why they won’t at least tell us that it will, and why it is they can’t tease us with any/all of the above at the very least.

I want to say “When ANet is quiet about things, it means there is some COMPLETELY AMAZING THINGS about to happen” – but after the last couple of “content updates”, I’m afraid that it has become more of “When ANet is quiet about things, its because they have nothing up their sleeves to surprise us with…”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Heinel.6548

Heinel.6548

If they could pull off releasing revamps for existing classes (via new skill/weapon or otherwise) in a way that would sate people’s need for new classes, then GW2 will truly have hit the holy grail.

“… but I hate the idea ‘It may not make sense at first’.
I want it to make sense right away, then another sense later. Murkiness =/= quality "
- CCP Abraxis

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Now we just need the commando and sandwichmancer, both brought by the Tengu who lead us to Cantha on their mounts with capes to their guild halls.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Personal favourite ‘skill update’ would be new elites. Just sayin’.

I must agree though that I’d actually enjoy trying out a new profession – even though it would probably by a heavy armor one. Also, Tengu – I always seem to enjoy the first couple of levels and the race-bound story most when creating an alt. It would also be pretty amazing to learn what is going on behind this great wall and how the Tengu have fared since the dragons awoke…

Polka will never die

in Suggestions

Posted by: illo.5106

illo.5106

Leveling a new class could be FUN.

Leveling keeps you busy max 7 days, usually a lot less, because many players, who have all classes play the game 24/7.

But I want a new race. It really sucks, that yiu can’t play a Quaggan warrior, mesmer… worst design decision ever!