my idea of Great Axe

my idea of Great Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Epic.3950

Epic.3950

after anet just said warriors should be allowed to deal massive damage or control well but not do it in one build it got me thinking. I dont give a kitten about the stun on hammer. I just wanted to hit hard and be tanky. warriors really do lack an AOE melee weapon once hammer gets nerfed into a control weapon only. Wouldnt it be kitten sick if we got a great axe that did what the hammer didnt? instead of stunning, it chained attacks, giving you more and more damag as you hit and cleaved people but had no control. simply a damage based weapon. might stacking on auto attacks and plenty of AOEs and cleave attacks that makes us who like to hurt people feel good without being branded a stunlock kitten.

1. auto chain: 850, 900, 1100 grant 1 stack of might for 7 seconds (same attack speed as hammer)
2. Cleave: slash in a 180 degree cone causing vuln 1,188; CD 5 seconds
3. executioners strike: rush at target area dealing more damage if they are below 50% HP(1,037/2,074); CD 10 seconds (600 range, 100 area; leap finisher)
4. vicious upercut: uppercut foe with extreme force and gain might 1,200 1 might for 7 seconds per enemy hit; CD 15 seconds
5. Sweeping axe: throw your axe on a chain 600 units out, pulling enemies hit by it back to you. 1000; CD 25 seconds (physical projectile)
f1. guillotine: leap in the air and send axe down in front of you cleaving all enemies in around. 1000/1250/1,500; CD 10 seconds (400 range, 180 area; blast)

what do you guys think? cool weapon, OP weapon or just a meh weapon? I personally love the playstyle of getting in their face and hitting hard and would love to see the trait tied to it be a +20% crit damage when using a great axe, reduce great axe skills CD by 20% or something along those lines. of course put in defense master beside hammer so nobody can run both of them without suffering a bit.

my idea of Great Axe

in Suggestions

Epic.3950

note: i messed up on the numbers so they probably either make no sense or are ridiculously high. think of it mostly as slightly more damage than the hammer in all aspects. (without the trait)

my idea of Great Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: BillX.4987

BillX.4987

~I agree a great-axe would be epic! The ‘Executioner Costume’ has one anyhow right? My only fear would be the facing it’s synergy with a ‘Hammer’ O.o!

~then I saw that there was a way to hell, even from the gate of heaven…

my idea of Great Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

+1 one great axes

But what you describe is a OP Greatsword

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

my idea of Great Axe

in Suggestions

Posted by: Whitey.6185

Whitey.6185

Great axe is pretty much guaranteed to be a usable weapon at one point, I remember someone from Anet talking about it on a stream a while back.

I would change your 3rd skill to do more damage the farther you charge, it would make a good opener and not many skills have that feature. Also, it seems you only thought of this weapon for a Warrior, which is the class least in need of a new weapon.

The professions I would see being able to use the GA is Warrior, Ranger, Engineer and maybe Guardian.

my idea of Great Axe

in Suggestions

Epic.3950

+1 one great axes

But what you describe is a OP Greatsword

well these attacks would obviously be telegraphed. its more of a hammer minus the stuns (but hammer is getting a damage nerf)