my negative perspective of guild wars 2

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reflexmonkey.1943

Reflexmonkey.1943

this might seem pessimistic but it’ll try to be constructive about it.

-pvp is dead(hearts of the mists) and the whole theme including wvw is based on capturing points. it’s a very good idea but some options would be nice. like what if you did a guild vs guild? 20, 50, 100 people cap? vs each other with some kind of reward/ranking system or an area where people can attack each other once you pass a certain level where opponents can drop gold. something so the competitive players don’t feel left out.

-endgame is not satisfying enough to make players wanna keep playing once they reach level 80… why not make leveling harder. incorporate some kind of upgrades to make people wanna grind, spend time and money on the game.

-20$ to change worlds now?? wtf just because WoW does that doesn’t mean you should follow…. maybe a small fee but that’s kinda ridiculous. especially based on the numbers you don’t have compared to WoW.

-MORE SKILLS and traits. please n thanks. for every profession! at least 5+ skills is almost mandatory.

-massive decrease of population since release. i even quit 3 days after per-release. the game didn’t seem fit to play like it was a waste of time. i’m sure some of you felt this way. the game just didn’t seem to connect with me. idk what it was; it might have been many things but it just wasn’t entertaining to play. now all i do is pvp… and i can’t even do tournaments past 3am because nobody is qued up for them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amber Malachite.8195

Amber Malachite.8195

I don’t play PvP or WvWvw, so maybe I’m not the right person to commit on this – but I’m going to anyway

I enjoy the game immensely. I also have problems when playing at 3am – nobody around to help fight the big baddies on Group Events, but I can still run around doing other events and obtaining raw materials and hearts.

Lady Rae – Matron Mother of Madness

John 1: 1-5, 9-14, 16-18

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

PvP is Dead

They are just starting to work on things for pvp, they have said this, the game was just released 6 months ago it took World of Warcraft ( I only mention this cause you did ) a whole expansion to come out with any sort of PvP and lets face it most of the PvP there is Graveyard camp to win games.

End Game

Yet another person that did not do enough research before purchasing the game. Guild Wars franchise has never really been about End game raids and what not, although I am sure we will be seeing some sort of Fissure of Wo or Underworld in the future of the game.

World Changes

This made me laugh it doesn’t cost $20 to transfer servers, it cost X Gems. Now those Gems can be purchased with real world money but they can be just as easily purchased with in game gold you have earned. World of Warcraft as of 2012 Has a congruent player base of 832k Guild Wars 2 as of 2012 has just over 400k Congruent player base. WoW be around for 8 years nine now, Guild Wars 2 6 months. Guild Wars 2 has made Number One MMO of 2012 by all Gaming publications from game informer to pc gaming to online venues. Spike TV VGA show had Guild Wars 2 coming in at the top 4 games of 2012. World of Warcraft on all but One Publication was not even mentioned for MMO or game of the year.

Massive Decrease in population

You stated i even quit 3 days after per-release This tells me your not speaking with any type of factual basis for your opinion, since a lot has changed from Launch day to now. Although the most amusing comment I have seen is _ i can’t even do tournaments past 3am because nobody is qued up for them._ Two things here, I can get tournys at any time I choose to not sure why your having issues must have been in those 3 days you played before pre release. Secondly, it is 3am seeing as your on a Set regional server most people are probably sleeping.

Lastly I would like to ask if your so disappointed with the game why are you posting here on the suggestion forums, you obviously don’t play any more.

in Suggestions

Reflexmonkey.1943

WoW is errelavent. there’s should be a small flat fee and i forgot what the rest of what you said. I responded from bottom to top

guild wars franchise was based on pvp

29 earned gold isn’t realistic for some people especially just to change servers. we’re talking players online at a time. or we could do copies sold. not comparing an 9year old game to a relatively new one is bias. Guild Wars 2 was made Number One by time magazine lol.

tournaments as we speak of today not on pre-release. and I’ve tried MULTIPLE servers to see if que time is different.

i do play. mainly focused on the pvp aspect since that’s the most entertaining thing to me currently.

in Suggestions

Reflexmonkey.1943

gathering raw material by myself sounds fun… lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

spvp is fine. i play it everyday. still lots of players playing.

however, more new stuff for spvp always helps.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cloud.7613

Cloud.7613

29 earned gold isn’t realistic for some people especially just to change servers.

This is absolutely right. The argument gems can be bought from gold is laughable, the transfer ratio 1:1 is awful, although yes I agree it should be like that, it’s still bad.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Doomguard.5094

Doomguard.5094

29 earned gold isn’t realistic for some people especially just to change servers.

This is absolutely right. The argument gems can be bought from gold is laughable, the transfer ratio 1:1 is awful, although yes I agree it should be like that, it’s still bad.

Yes but unlike wow, here you transfer ALL characters and not just 1. You can also guest wherever you wish completely for free, so WHY again is this even an issue?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

Yes but unlike wow, here you transfer ALL characters and not just 1. You can also guest wherever you wish completely for free, so WHY again is this even an issue?

for the sake of complaining itself.
no one of these people remember that the game is fresh and new, that is not about leveling and that is not world of warcraft spin off. they are tired of wow (that’s the reason they are here) but they still want wow all over again just with diferent lore and profession…
edit: why this is in the suggestion forum? where is any suggestion in the OP?

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

in Suggestions

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

The idea behind the payed world transfers is to stop people from hopping to the winning servers for WvW as much. Having had people I played with on different servers almost every other day, I was waiting for them to attach the fees so the thing would balance out a bit more. That being said, I don’t care much for WvW or PvP, as I’m more of a co-op or bust kinda guy.

A lot of folks always seem to complain about end-game content. I haven’t even finished the full game on one character yet to do anything end-game, as I’m currently working on leveling a third character and trying all these different skills and styles. IMO, End-game (although necessary) is really only a problem for a single player experience with no forms of DLC. An MMO will consistently get new content released, and at least for me re-playing earlier content is far more enjoyable in this than in other MMOs, making me enjoy helping new-to-playing friends out in the starter zones more fun.

Honestly though, anyone who is still playing after they “quit” can’t have too much to complain about, otherwise they wouldn’t still be playing :P

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/