new transmutation stone

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitsune.3741

kitsune.3741

was having a discussion with the guild involving about the armor type restriction and one of us brought up the idea that they could sell a sell a special transmutation stone that could let you change armor types of an armor [heavy to light or medium to heavy etc.] I know this is unlikely to happen but thought I would try putting it up to see what people thought

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

Posted by: AzureShiron.7658

AzureShiron.7658

The reason they dont want this in the game is because the want you to be able to tell and distinct each class from one another (talking if they are a soldier, caster, adventurer)

If you think this post is about you, it probably is

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

kitsune.3741

I can understand that but would still be a nice thing to do classes do have there own partial effects and symbol to distinct the classes and by doing this+new weapons and ability’s you can fill in class arch types to a T which I think would satisfy people[also it would add anet something new to make money off of from there gem store]

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

AzureShiron.7658

Those partical effects and so on dont always get noticed in the middle of combat. Either way as mutch as many people would like it this seems like something that doesnt seem plausible

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

kitsune.3741

a counter argument to that is that in a wvw sense if you are going to be fighting players in say wvw or something there will be so much stuff on the screen that the armor will also likely go unnoticed and because transmutation stones are only for pve world and wvw and not the pvp world it shouldn’t harm that much outside of that in say a dungeon or something a skin is a skin

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

AzureShiron.7658

Alright then lets talk mechanicly, how would it work? at the moment the system only supports for what they have now. They would need to dedicate building a new system for the cross armor transmutation. Resources that could be better used on other things. On top of the fact that WvW large scale doesnt effect WvW small scale. If i was scouting around and i was a glass thief and saw what i thought was an ele all on his own then i rushed only to find it was a guardian or warrior in cloth armor. And if we stricktly keep it in pve what about players that do wvw and pve do we force them to have diffrent sets of armor and not use them in wvw?

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

kitsune.3741

from a mechanical standpoint we could have the stone turn the armor piece into a mutli armor type skin[which does exist in terms of the gasmask and the gemstore mask] as for the small scale wvw bit only thing I can make my case with here is the icon and going back to partial effects and weapon types which that are being used which I will admit is a tad weak for an argument

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

The reason they dont want this in the game is because the want you to be able to tell and distinct each class from one another (talking if they are a soldier, caster, adventurer)

No real point of that, since we all can fight naked if we wanted to. doesnt cause balance issues.

new transmutation stone

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

ahem, more trench coat for medium class…, please!!!