offhand auto attack

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Here is my suggestion. I want an off hand auto attack that will coincide with the main hand auto attack. My off hand weapons just sit there till I decide to hold up my off hand sword and try to block an attack. That’s my suggestion.

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

I’d love it if your character moved your offhand weapon when auto attacking too. Dual wielding in this game is so ugly because only the last 2 spells actually use your offhand. If you’ve got two axes in either hand surly you’d use them both to attack the enemy not use the second only every so often. It makes that second weapon look pointless just hovering there doing nothing or most of the fight.

(edited by EliteZ.1682)

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

An alternative suggestion to this, as I’d rather not have two auto attacks, would be to add an off-hand attack as part of your slot 1 chain. So for example, if you have sword and dagger, the third attack in the slot 1 chain would be a dagger strike.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: EliteZ.1682

EliteZ.1682

An alternative suggestion to this, as I’d rather not have two auto attacks, would be to add an off-hand attack as part of your slot 1 chain. So for example, if you have sword and dagger, the third attack in the slot 1 chain would be a dagger strike.

They don’t need to add an extra attack. All they have to do is add animation to the offhand when using the auto attack. We don’t want the spells to change at all as they don’t need to. Other games attack with both weapons on the same auto attack so why can’t we have that here. It’s so horrible just seeing your off hand do nothing for 75% of the fight

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Taril.8619

Taril.8619

Easy thing to do would be to add in an additional hit to Auto-attack for an additional hit that does the same damage as the main hand.

For auto-attacks that use a chain, have every other attack an off-hand attack (Purely visual, no additional damage/affects) possibly having finishers utilizing both weapons.

The only issue I see with this would be Thieves being able to attain both Melee and Ranged auto-attacks (Allowing full melee damage from Dagger or Sword Main-hand and ranged auto-attacks from pistols)

Other than that, it would vastly improve the appearance of dual wielding, thus fixing the only thing that makes me not play dual-wield specs (It does look really awkward to have an off-hand weapon that only gets used occasionally)

“Pull the trigger, move out ahead,
There’s two kinds of people… The quick and the dead”

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

They don’t need to add an extra attack. All they have to do is add animation to the offhand when using the auto attack. We don’t want the spells to change at all as they don’t need to. Other games attack with both weapons on the same auto attack so why can’t we have that here. It’s so horrible just seeing your off hand do nothing for 75% of the fight

I agree with this. The skill doesn’t have to change at all, just include the off-hand weapon in the attack animation.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Hideyoshi.3964

Hideyoshi.3964

The reason why I would never dualwield as any class. Hope they fix it in the future.

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Abaddon Kizoku.7358

Abaddon Kizoku.7358

I Hope They Impliment This In Some Time soon. It Is Rather kitten To Have An Offhand That Waits For A Command To Be Used. I Know this Isn’t a D&D Based Game But It Would Be Nice If The Shield Had A Sort Of " Roll Of The Dice " Auto Blocking Chance And Other Off Hands Like Daggers Or Swords The Chance To Parry. Especuially If they Aren’t Being Used and Just Sitting There Waiting For Que.

~ At An End For The End But Only From The End Can We Begin ~

(edited by Abaddon Kizoku.7358)

offhand auto attack

in Suggestions

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Dual Wielding desperately needs looking into, it just doesn’t feel right because every other game I have ever played had both weapons attacking with different attack animations so your character isn’t doing the same animation over and over in a painful chain… Come on ArenaNet! You brought us this far, why stop now?

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.