ok seeking help from community

in Suggestions

Posted by: Xaton.1902

Xaton.1902

[ok server error somthing and not sure if post went through]

this is about the d20 but also what if this came as a class a priest thats a healer but still not truely forced into healing. like a counter or oppisite fo necromancer instead of stealing health and healing they can cause their attacks to damage enemys or sacrafice their own health to heal others for higher ranked skills.

yes i know we have guardion and so on. and dont want a nother monk. but one idea for it is if target the healer it create a trap basicly this makes players not want to have to attack healer so it blocks the desire to zerg the healer or priest.

but im trying to think of what utilities it would ahve and weapon skills for staff [and for the pen and paper Scythe] sense scythe can be see asn judgement or life and death]

the key ones [signets, auras [group and self], and i would say prayer or chants or runes or somthign else] self auras are the ones that be traps or trigger when healer is hit. more less priest would be a full on cause debuffs and buffs or ones not coverd by the other classes.]

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

[i keep getting server error and stuff is there somthing going on or is it just me?] can anyone see this?]

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

so no one wants to discuss or anything?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

They did away with the trinity so dont expect a class marketed as a healer any time soon .

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

well also discuss D20 aspect of ideas on what to use as utility and weapons lol

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Forgive my ignorance…d20?

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

D20 is in reference to pen and paper RPGs. they typically use dice of various sides more than 6 a D20 in particular has 20 sides . the original D20 RPG was D&D.

other die sizes are D4 D 8 D 12 D 10 and D100 and of course the D6

(edited by Adine.2184)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vitus Dance.4509

Vitus Dance.4509

Thanks Adine.
Just not sure what the reference means in relation to the OP’s idea though?

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Im guessing they are in part asking on the D20 aspect because they are crating one or the DM of one (Dungeon Master )

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

is creating one and trying to think of priest skills basicly and stuff and trying to see what other ideas or so on the community can come up with.

in Suggestions

Adine.2184

Honestly the best advice is to look to other D20s like D&D for inspiration . You can often find manuals online . Dont restrict yourself to just looking at the healing class of the D20 either but the Druid or the Paladin types as well maybe even the Ranger

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

well all the other classes are taken care of archtypes and stuff and has looked through the templatse of dnd that has healer. but idea of names nd stuff cause i dont want to name it healing utility 1 2 3 kitten on. or aura 1 and stuff. the scythe weapon for it would be the more martial aspect and fighting, while staff is the more healerish effects. so if one could make up a name and then give a idea on how it works i could easly convert it has done that with engineer class elixer gun so on

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

ok figured out a third utility system runes sort of like runes in dragons crown place together set of 3 and activate the effect. for ingame if placed into actual game it be a kit like first set of runes is the basic elements fire,air,water,earth, death, life. life would take over the healing slot for the kit. only time the cool down hits is when you activate the channeling so life fire water , would heal allies abi tmore then normal and burn enemys in effect. o rsomthing and after the activate is when cooldown hits

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

oh I am so confused after reading Xaton’s comments.

1. is this person trying to build a Paper MMO based on GW2’s ideas using D20 rolls.
2. Is this person trying to create a healer out of GW2’s abilities using concepts of RNG from D20 Rolls (WTF?!)
3. I dont really know what this person is trying to do, so I cant make suggestions!

If you wanna heal, its not going to be primary. Healing is passive for the MOST part. Every class has good self healing utility. 3 Classes have good healing others utility (Guard, Engineer, Elementalist)

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

well converting it over to pen and paper. and basicly seeking ideas on how to make th eutilities and like names for them and basic function and i can convert over to d20 system. and sense dnd system usualy needs a healer cleric of some kind other wise party gets smacked out. this is why the priest or healer idea came in not connected to the gods per say but priest in the broad terms.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Chance D20 Rolls (anything 15+ is a success);
Dodge completely (16+)
Dodge partial (12-15) Roll 1d6 (10 for a max of 60% damage evade)
Regen for 1d12 per tick
Weapon Proc heal (Sigil) 1d20 (
5) = amount healed
Self heal/Utility heal 1d100*level/5

Just some ideas to throw at you, I don’t know what your math is going to be, nor your HP per level*vitality on the paper sheets.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

well it follows standard d20 strength dex con int wis cha. and hd d4,d6,d8,d10,d12 and stuff. dodge would be considerd evasion and feats. regen as in guardion virtue be regen(1) so 1hp per turn or somthing. so standard 3.5

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

This might help: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dervish

Sadly they’re not in GW2 (yet, still holding out hope). Essentially though when they lost enchantments (boons) they healed/did damage, etc. and wielded a scythe. Check out the skill page there for more examples.

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

knwos of dervish hence why didnt use prayers or enchants and did runes and stuff so not to copy dervish XD

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

well may select some the monk spells that are not selected so will catagorize them as utilities and each class has 20 utiilities [well not counting racial] so what would enchantments in guildwars be considerd here in guildwars 2 boons? or signets or what?

in Suggestions

Xaton.1902

soo no one wants to help fully? like i dont want to copy skills from dervish or monk or anything and stuff. if anything can select 5 scythe skills for dervish and then 5 from dervish list for priest. and stuff but i also plan to convert all the old classes or ones that show up in guidlwars 1 as well