penalty for spite kick

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Giotto.2607

Giotto.2607

Seriously, I got spite kick from group in FOTM higher level, 3 times.
Everytime is in the last map, and 3 or more people are from same guild.
This is suck because i spend a lot of time on doing it and got spite kick at the end is not fair for me.
Please set up an report and penalty for this.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

Everytime I see one of these Topics it’s always something.
1: Either you’re not telling the whole story.
2: They sold your spot for someone else.

I’d go with number 2.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pariah.8506

Pariah.8506

Too bad team chat disappears once you’re kicked.

It’s like the system encourages this kind of behaviour.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

It might disappear for you, but the logs are still available for Arena.net to look at. Report them if you think it’s inappropriate.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I’d definitely report them.

Anet needs to take this more seriously especially since their content is now more focused on adding permanent path additions to dungeons with LS content update.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Giotto.2607

I’d definitely report them.

Anet needs to take this more seriously especially since their content is now more focused on adding permanent path additions to dungeons with LS content update.

Yeah, you know what, one of my friend got kicked at the last boss of Arah path 4.
He was so mad and about quit the game because of that.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Giotto.2607

Too bad team chat disappears once you’re kicked.

It’s like the system encourages this kind of behaviour.

it’s true, you even can not remember the name of those people if you got kicked. someone really has hard names.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

So you want to report some one for inviting you to their party and allowing you to join their group and then kicking you when they don’t feel your good enough to continue. Man you can’t make this stuff up.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: holodoc.5748

holodoc.5748

If the system provides means to do stuff like that then its not the player’s fault. Dungeons should simply prohibit new players from joining once the group enters them. If you want to reorganize your party or invite new people then everyone has to go outside (an exception would be someone who is already in the group to compensate for potential DCs etc). Current system simply promotes stuff like spot selling and griefing by kicking people which actually helped the party.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Dungeons should simply prohibit new players from joining once the group enters them. If you want to reorganize your party or invite new people then everyone has to go outside (an exception would be someone who is already in the group to compensate for potential DCs etc).

One person quits or is disconnected for a longer time and four other people have to start over? No. That would be awful.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

If you get kicked you can check the in game LFG tool to see if the group is advertising for a replacement. The LFG tool shows names so you might want to get a screenshot before the group if filled again.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Giotto.2607

If the system provides means to do stuff like that then its not the player’s fault. Dungeons should simply prohibit new players from joining once the group enters them. If you want to reorganize your party or invite new people then everyone has to go outside (an exception would be someone who is already in the group to compensate for potential DCs etc). Current system simply promotes stuff like spot selling and griefing by kicking people which actually helped the party.

I agree with this. They should set a system that can only kick the people who is D/C, if you already in a instance. And you can still form the group freedom outside the instance.

Or, just like topic, set up an report system. So they can give warnings or penalty for spite kick.

(edited by Giotto.2607)

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

I can’t think of a solution, but this is one of the most rotten things you can do in GW2.
From what I’ve seen, its enough to only suggest a kick (1st person to click “Kick from party”) and someone random will 100% be the second to approve even without thinking.

I’ve never seen a kick-from-party box (the one requiring the second person to make a kick) that wasn’t approved. And fast.

I can see someone leaving GW2 for getting kicked at Jade Maw 48 before battle.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Giotto.2607

I can’t think of a solution, but this is one of the most rotten things you can do in GW2.
From what I’ve seen, its enough to only suggest a kick (1st person to click “Kick from party”) and someone random will 100% be the second to approve even without thinking.

I’ve never seen a kick-from-party box (the one requiring the second person to make a kick) that wasn’t approved. And fast.

I can see someone leaving GW2 for getting kicked at Jade Maw 48 before battle.

Here is what I think about it.
Set up a report system about it. That people can easily report.
If a person got reported by a few times, a system would warning him.
And after that, if he still get reporting, the system send a report directly to the officers, or GM. so they can review it and give penalty.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m sorry you got kicked I have been lucky and literally never had this happen to me (been playing since pre-launch).

If it’s happening to you, just take kitten when you start a run (print screen). At the end of the night/week/whatever clear out your ss’s. The default folder is libraries/documents/my documents/guild wars 2/screens iirc… but you can just right click and make a shortcut to that and drop it on your desktop.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Very easy solution. If a player D/Cs or leaves, a replacement player may join. If a player is kicked, that spot is locked and a new player may not fill it without the group going back to the beginning.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Aberrant.6749

Very easy solution. If a player D/Cs or leaves, a replacement player may join. If a player is kicked, that spot is locked and a new player may not fill it without the group going back to the beginning.

No. It would be far too easy to use this to troll. There are many legit reasons to kick some one who hasn’t dc-ed.

Tarnished Coast

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Much easier solution. Remove the “chat loss on kick” mechanics or better inform the kicked player who kicked him and who seconded the kick.

Yes, this may mean some legitimately kicked players might use that info to harass the kickers. That will get them reported and banned however, so in the long run should be a better option than what we have now.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

or there could be system message, you got kicked from party by XXX and YYY

kill all ze thingz

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Aberrant.6749

I would just leave the party chat in. If A-net wants to find out who did it, they easily can. There is no reason to give the players the info on who kicked them… it would only lead to more problems between players.

As is right now you can still already put in a support ticket and say such and such happened at such and such a time and they can look up who did what btw.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

This is a known abuse of the fractal system (in the early days, no new players could join, which was what many people are asking for, but it was bad too in case someone left or had a dc).

Report it.

Imho, if all members are from the same guild, the guild should suffer a penalty if found guilty.

All players involved in kicking some player at the last fractal (or even the third) should get bans, no excuses, if found guilty of abuse.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Report them. Our community don’t need scum like those.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Saulius.8430

I would just leave the party chat in. If A-net wants to find out who did it, they easily can. There is no reason to give the players the info on who kicked them… it would only lead to more problems between players.

As is right now you can still already put in a support ticket and say such and such happened at such and such a time and they can look up who did what btw.

you can get kicked without anything happening in party chat

when i host pug groups, often some scumbag steave sends private message asking if i wanna kick someone from party for reasons: under 80lvl and/or low AP and/or single mistake

kill all ze thingz

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

What needs to be done is to change blocking system. Right now, if you block someone you cannot see his lfg ad but it doesn’t work in reverse which is really silly design. If I know certain person is a known griefer who joins parties just to kick instance owner I want him to be blocked from joining my party.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Aberrant.6749

you can get kicked without anything happening in party chat

when i host pug groups, often some scumbag steave sends private message asking if i wanna kick someone from party for reasons: under 80lvl and/or low AP and/or single mistake

…and they can read the PMs of the other players, tell if they invited a friend/guildmate after etc. as well…

Tarnished Coast

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Saulius.8430

…and they can read the PMs of the other players, tell if they invited a friend/guildmate after etc. as well…

i meant, if nothing was written in party chat, you won’t know what players were in party… how can you report someone if you don’t know his name? or did i miss something

kill all ze thingz

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Giotto.2607

i meant, if nothing was written in party chat, you won’t know what players were in party… how can you report someone if you don’t know his name? or did i miss something

Maybe a system you can find the people you grouped with today? or in 24 hours.

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I just don’t understand why you loose record of who you partied with when you are kicked but not when you leave the party normally. After more than 1 year of players suggesting it to Anet as well.

Oceanic [LOD]

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

So you want to report some one for inviting you to their party and allowing you to join their group and then kicking you when they don’t feel your good enough to continue. Man you can’t make this stuff up.

clueless is just… clueless

The OP had run 3 maps with them and on the last they likely kicked to sell his spot.. check the LFG board and see how many are doing it now… if the OP had been that subpar they would of booted long before they got to the final Frac.

Learn to read before engaging the big troll hole in ya face

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Giotto.2607

I kind of want to bring this back… cuz i got kick by this situation today, AGAIN!

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It does seems weird that you do seem to get kicked over and over again.
Personally I have NEVER been kicked and I have played more or less daily since release and often joined pugs. So either I am extremely lucky, or you are not telling us everything.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

The problem with reporting, is even if Anet sees all the chat. The OP mentioned they are all in the same guild. Therefore they could have simply conspired in mumble or teamspeak.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

This has been a complaint since last year. Don’t know about fractals, but I thought they changed dungeons so you could not invite in to the instance after the group entered. It was quite a common practice in the early days, a couple strong players would go in with some random guys, kick them at the final boss and invite their weaker friends so they get the chest and rewards in those days were substantially better than they are now. I thought they changed it so you could not do this.

(edited by Leamas.5803)

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I know it’s not a real solution, but if you’re pugging, you might consider taking a screenshot of the group when you zone into the instance. Makes it easier to report folks, and also lets you take note of players and guilds that you’d rather not team up with again.

I really miss City of Heroes rating system – you could add a number of stars to a player’s global name that showed up on their nameplate and add a few lines of notes to remind you why you rated them that way. Only you could see the rating you gave, so you couldn’t really grief anyone with it, and it made it so simple to avoid teaming up with folks you didn’t enjoy playing with the first time around and notice when someone you did enjoy teaming with was nearby.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: dalailamer.7291

dalailamer.7291

Wherever it’s OP fault’s (playing bad) or not (they sold the spot) it’s an unacceptable behavior that is feed by the “Selling 1g path#” announces on various LFG.

I do agree that party chat shoud stay instead of vanish, and forbid the selling path thing should just cut off the problem at the root, althou there still will be people doing it, but people get robbed even if is against the law, in the real world.

On the very first video tutorial you got from log-in screen, they say “GW2 it’s a social game”, ANet is doing a great job toward that, encouraging forming of groups, banning bad behavir and foul language, etc.

They should look into this issue as well-

penalty for spite kick

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

No. It would be far too easy to use this to troll. There are many legit reasons to kick some one who hasn’t dc-ed.

How? It’s talking about KICK, not quit. If they are being kittens and kicking someone at the end, either kittens or slot selling, then they deserve to get their run just as screwed as the person they kicked.