please change the turret visuals

in Suggestions

Posted by: Crisvok.9307

Crisvok.9307

maybe its asking too much but the turrets look way to crappy. My friend thought that my turret was a tripoded camera. they should make them bigger and a little more complex on the design. This is not the first game with engineer/turrets maybe the should do a steampunk version of the tf2 turret or something.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dante.3754

Dante.3754

I also would like to see more complex turret designs, especially rifle and rocket. Seriously, Rocket turret is just three tubes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Again I support making turrets racial specific and have better designs. ATM it looks like Diddy from Donkey Kong made them xD. I think this is the 5th thread on this I’ve supported not counting the one I made few months ago.

We would love for Anet to have change this ~

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sef.6918

Sef.6918

the turrets do look a little cheap, they need beefing up a bit, the ai needs a bit of work aswell. would love to have a turret build that worked properly.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Twitchz.6407

Twitchz.6407

Agreed, there are a lot of turrets in the game, seems the engineer gets the crappy looking one. No wonder it breaks in one hit :/

in Suggestions

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I would rather they make turrets viable first then worry about the looks.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Suggestions

Posted by: lothefallen.7081

lothefallen.7081

I think the rifle turret should look more like the skill icon…i’d also like a rapid fire gatling gun turret…maybe then turrets could be useful?

The Ardent Aegis
http://aa-guild.shivtr.com/

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

Crappy model for a crappy utility skill. :<

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yah, turrets look rather terrible right now. Especially the rocket turret, it looks like something a 10-year-old would build out of sticks and toilet paper tubes. And it bugs me that the overload ability fires from the top of the turret when there’s no barrel up there. The only one that looks pretty OK is the Flame Turret, I think.

Aside from just generally sprucing up the turret appearences, one thing I think needs to be universally changed for most of the turrets is that they need to lose the windup crank. Having a windup turret is so silly. Are these war tools or toys? Maybe the sticks and toilet paper thing isn’t so far off. And really, if you can build automated turrets that can find and shoot enemies automatically, surely you can power it with something besides a crank. Not to mention the sillyness of the crank turning itself.

(edited by Electro.4173)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Welswift.9813

Welswift.9813

Ball Turrets. Turrets that roll around and perform all their functions. They would be about the same volume as current turrets, but on the ground and more compact.

Eh? Anyone else like this idea?

in Suggestions

Posted by: CriSPeH.8512

CriSPeH.8512

Well since it is almost 2013 and since GW2 and many other games are adapting this Pay-2-Look unique type model I can’t fathom why they don’t have more unique skins and looks for characters, especially since the entire endgame of GW2 is focused on grinding for new skins and legendaries that change the way effects look.

I would be perfectly fine with turret/kit skins being sold in the BL store, along with Ranger pet skins, Mesmer clone skins, Necro pet skins and any other unique looks they can give to ppl.

Instead of putting effort into town clothes which I almost NEVER see ppl in, put effort into things ppl will actually use and want.