please make all recipes account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

It doesn’t make sense to me that, in the middle of LA, the recipes for all the legendary weapons are all soulbound to my character upon purchase. Since they weren’t labeled I mistakingly bought one thinking I could throw it in the bank and give it to my alt. But since they are soul bound I cannot.

I could have just as easily given my alt the 10g and bought it on him if I would have known about this before hand. So it makes more sense to have them account bound instead of soul bound just like the crafted items are.

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Sharing them all would mean losing lots of exp from discovering.

Instead, I’d rather have them appear with some color not used already and clearly different to the used already for the known recipes. (I’d say purple)

Any recipe know by any character would appear there, but those with this new color would be recipes know by another character, but not this one.

If the recipe is discoverable, you just read the ingredients in the tooltip and discover it again, unlocking it for this character.
If not, the name of the source of the recipe would appear instead the ingredients to discover it, like: “Obtained from <NPC name>”. Then you’ll have to get it again from whenever heart NPC or trader or whatever that provides it.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shroom Mage.9410

Shroom Mage.9410

I think he means the recipe item that you use to learn the recipe on that character. They are all soulbound because most are obtained from karma merchants. For the ones that cost gold, however, there is no reason to bind them.

“Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don’t matter
and those who matter don’t mind.” -Dr. Seuss

in Suggestions

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Oh. That those should be account bound. I had to discard a couple of them because of that It was just about 1000 karma. But it was annoying anyways.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

in Suggestions

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I thought I read somewhere that they were working on making recipes bought with karma account bound, but I can’t find the link at the moment.

(edited by MrsAngelD.6971)

in Suggestions

chuiu.4985

I’m pretty sure they already made that change. These aren’t karma though so they are still soul bound. And they are still unlabeled so you don’t even know if they are soul bound or account bound unless you buy one.

in Suggestions

chuiu.4985

Topic bumping time. This needs to be seen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shael.4703

Shael.4703

Please don’t bump topics for the sake of “getting seen” or whatever. Employees read every topic posted in the suggestions, technical, bugs, forums – they were paid to do just that.

And it’s annoying for the rest of the forumers too.

Thank you and no offense.

My blog/sites: gameshogun & Tomes of Knowledge

in Suggestions

chuiu.4985

That might be a common misconception, I really don’t think they have enough people to read through the hundreds of threads that get created on a day to day basis. I’m pretty sure they only concentrate on the few that they see when logging in or the ones with the most replies to it.

And I’m not bumping this so that they can see it, I’m looking for more support. They aren’t going to care if 3-4 people support a suggestion, they’re looking for larger numbers. I’m looking for more people to post and support me on this., its a change that needs to happen.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quick Ur dead.1849

Quick Ur dead.1849

I also made this mistake i actually made sure to read the recipe carefully no where did it say only soul bound. I also went on to test it with the orange recipes which were not soul bound but when i bought the legendary on my mian it said soul bound and could not transfer it over to my alt which had max jewel crafting please make these account bound or refund us our money. 10g is a pretty penny + the mats i dumped into a alt to lose because of recipe that had no description.

in Suggestions

chuiu.4985

I already opened a support ticket with them to try to get a refund. After they said I couldn’t get one I gave them this suggestion and instead of acknowledging it they stated:

“We really appreciate it. The best way to have your feedback or suggestions for Guild Wars 2 reach someone in development is to post it on our official forums under the suggestions sub-forum. The more people who view and comment on it, the more likely developers will take notice.”

So here I am, trying to get more attention to this thread so we can get this fixed.

in Suggestions

Quick Ur dead.1849

yea i woudlnt ask for a refund if it was a error on my part of reading but it wasnt the fact that i didnt read somethign correctly. Its the fact there is no description stating it is BTS and not BTA its only fair to be honest.

in Suggestions

Quick Ur dead.1849

Bumping till there is some type fo reply or action

in Suggestions

Quick Ur dead.1849

Please if u remotely plan on going for ur legendary and have read this post please + it or bump or cause im sure we saved u 10g if they dont change it .

in Suggestions

chuiu.4985

Desperately waiting for this to get noticed. >_>

in Suggestions

Quick Ur dead.1849

the change was made but for some reason the recipe that were purchased prior to the change were not effected.

in Suggestions

Quick Ur dead.1849

bump hoping for some help.

in Suggestions

Posted by: LED Head.2439

LED Head.2439

and tools don’t forget about tools I don’t see why I cannot give my alts the tools I no longer use for gathering.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

And they are still unlabeled so you don’t even know if they are soul bound or account bound unless you buy one.

This. It absolutely need to say if something is soul or account bound before you get it into your inventory from the vendor (karma or gold). The fact that things are inconsistently labeled has cost me a chunk of both currencies.

in Suggestions

Quick Ur dead.1849

i appealed it to they basically said tough we cant refund anything but we can fix it so others dont suffer also