please put a /roll into the game

in Suggestions

Posted by: arealfungi.8504

arealfungi.8504

I am an RPer that is spoiled by a /roll feature from another game. This feature makes “combat rp” much fairer and prevents godmodding. It should be simple to apply ingame- it is just an in game dice if you will. Typing the /roll command should roll a virtual dice from 1-10- this will make RP a lot better in this game.

Combat RP is very hard without a roll feature (think, it’s like old school D and D), there is a fairly large RP community in this game and sucha feature would take little effort.

Thanks

in Suggestions

Posted by: Reverielle.3972

Reverielle.3972

It would be great, yes! And not for just RP combat. There are a ton of RP social games and events that use a simple /roll command, but without one are basically impossible.

Just one addition though I’d like to add:
I’d like to see the command be </roll_#> Where a virtual dice of # sides is rolled.
Perhaps if no number is placed after the </roll> it would default to a 10 sided dice.

Great suggestion.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ridrith.8351

Ridrith.8351

This times 100000. I was actually about to create a suggestion post for this very same reason. I’m almost positive that in one of the BETA weekend events there was a /roll option. Don’t quote me on that but I think I remember it being there. I really wish they’d bring this feature back into the game. It’s something I’ve been waiting for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ryan.2856

Ryan.2856

I know its not the same but you know you can dodge in this game right?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

So you want the gentlemen’s game in this game, I see no problem with it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lilliyaneha.2670

Lilliyaneha.2670

It’s far more than just a cool RP feature, it is SO MUCH helpful when you start activities with guilds.
we used to have an event day in GW1, where ppl could chose which activity will be done with the whole guild. The person to decide was found via simple /roll 100 emote.
Please bring this feature back, it hurts none and would be such a great help for guild events. we miss it a lot in our guild, hardly a week we don’t speak of it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaimick.5109

Kaimick.5109

The roll is a nice option only if it doesn’t take a team to implement it lol, to many things that need attention right now. Plus having access to the Gentlemen’s game would be nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

this was in gw1 but was changed to only work in explorable instances due to exploiting (gambling) in communal outposts.

as long as it’s used properly I don’t see a reason not to.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

this was in gw1 but was changed to only work in explorable instances due to exploiting (gambling) in communal outposts.

Are you saying GW1 was a crap game?

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

in Suggestions

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Are you saying GW1 was a crap game?

ICWDT =)

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)