remove Downed mechanic from pvp.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

what i found the most off putting in pvp is the downing mechanic. i find everything around that mechanic to be an annoyance which removes the archievement feeling for no good purpose.

what i would like to see is an arena system where it wasnt there, so once you got downed you automatically died.
i think it should be a choice if you wanna do spvp with or without downing mechanics, personally i think that the most popular would no doubt be without downing mechanic..

would love to see wvw without it as well but that would never happend, anet is too invested in the downing mechanic to care at all how it negatively effects the feel of combat. but making an seperate spvp where its disabled wouldnt take any work from their side and then people could play it if they liked (doubt this will come as well since if it was majorly successfull it would leave their other spvp deserted and they wouldnt want that, then rather force a bad mechanic down on every one -.-)

in Suggestions

Posted by: JQKAndrei.8705

JQKAndrei.8705

it can be done in sPvP, Ok, but don’t even try to touch WvW, the downed state is a part of the game, of classe’s specific abilities and also strategy (ever heard about “Illusion of Life” ?), and you can’t just ask to cut it out since It’s Not a Problem.

in Suggestions

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

It will be insanely hard to balance.

There are no healers. So if you get focus fired, you will die. The meta will all be about burst and huge DPS.

Removing downstate will destroy the feel of combat.

No.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Suggestions

Erebus.7568

it can be done in sPvP, Ok, but don’t even try to touch WvW, the downed state is a part of the game, of classe’s specific abilities and also strategy (ever heard about “Illusion of Life” ?), and you can’t just ask to cut it out since It’s Not a Problem.

it is a problem, it puts a huge focus on survival builds, and change the entire way fighting function.
the balance is much more broken becouse of it since the downed abilities varies so extremely depending on class (effectiveness).

downing system is an annoying gemmick which add nothing positive to the battlefield.
but as said anet is too invested in this gemmick to remove it, so the best we can hope for is a spvp type where we can decide to disable it.

It will be insanely hard to balance.

There are no healers. So if you get focus fired, you will die. The meta will all be about burst and huge DPS.

Removing downstate will destroy the feel of combat.

No.

l2dodge and use defensive abilities, getting instant bursted won’t happend unless you kitten up but so is it true with the system we got now, in teamfights which is needed to have such an effect if build for survive, the downing system doesnt allow you to do much other then be a nousense when downed.

it would however allow some focus on dps instead of everything being survive.

more importently from my pov it would actually allow TRUE skill to shine through which would result in people insanely skilled taking out many enemies at the same time.
as an example of some of the bad thing: right now you can never win a 1v3 unless you fight people too kittened to ress downed)
another one is that dps ranged focused builds are vastly worse then any survive melee build since you will take extreme dmg by the downed player and the only effective way of finishing them is close up finishing move.
list goes on.

and what positive does the system add which couldnt easily been added in a less destructive way? nothing is the answer

(edited by Erebus.7568)

in Suggestions

runeblade.7514

it is a problem, it puts a huge focus on survival builds, and change the entire way fighting function.
the balance is much more broken becouse of it since the downed abilities varies so extremely depending on class (effectiveness).

downing system is an annoying gemmick which add nothing positive to the battlefield.
but as said anet is too invested in this gemmick to remove it, so the best we can hope for is a spvp type where we can decide to disable it.

The entire time you are whining about downstate is about people speccing to survive.

The lack of downstate won’t change that. People spec to survive because they do it to protect an objective.

in Suggestions

Erebus.7568

The entire time you are whining about downstate is about people speccing to survive.

The lack of downstate won’t change that. People spec to survive because they do it to protect an objective.

i never complain about people speccing to survive. i am complaining about downing state completely killing dps/fast reaction focused specs.

there is a reason no other game before or after gw2 have a downed mechanic where you can fight in pvp.
becouse its a horrible bad mechanic. if you want people to survive that much longer give them more hp, survive state is just a horrible broken mechanic which only adds to the broken balance and the rewarding of ONE spec and ONE range, while rewarding “zerg play” above “skilled play”, its simply better to roam with more players oppose to less but more skilled players (untill you get to massive zergs which this provokes.).

again i cant get my head around what the downed state adds of positive to the gamestate which couldnt have been achieved without all the downsides which the downed state brings..
but please do enlighten me why the downed state makes the pvp in gw2 better then it would be without it (and possibly some other less game destroying mechanic to add whatever is so importent which the down state supposedly adds. which i really cant see)

and in the end, just allow players to choose weather or not they want it. if nothing else just for spvp type arena choice (even though the complete removal of the system on some servers and small adjustment to one shot mechanics in pve would be soo kittening awesome instead… )

in Suggestions

runeblade.7514

THEN WHAT THE IS THIS STATEMENT SUPPOSE TO BE!?!: it is a problem, it puts a huge focus on survival builds, and change the entire way fighting function.

i never complain about people speccing to survive. i am complaining about downing state completely killing dps/fast reaction focused specs.

People speccing to survive =/= killing dps.

If you want to play a DPS/fast reaction focused spec, then play as one. I don’t know why downstate is stopping you.

I play a glass cannon SD engineer, and I do fine in killing tons of players. If you don’t want to stomp players, get other players to stomp them.

in Suggestions

Erebus.7568

THEN WHAT THE IS THIS STATEMENT SUPPOSE TO BE!?!: it is a problem, it puts a huge focus on survival builds, and change the entire way fighting function.

If you want to play a DPS/fast reaction focused spec, then play as one. I don’t know why downstate is stopping you.

I play a glass cannon SD engineer, and I do fine in killing tons of players. If you don’t want to stomp players, get other players to stomp them.

and here you just pointed out one of the major issue’s with the down system -.-
still you havent commented on what it is that it adds which is so importent/good and is best added by the downing system?
i really cant find anything, i cant find the reason for the system being in the game in the first place.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

Perhaps being able to interrupt reviving with damage would fix the problems people have with downed mechanic.

in Suggestions

runeblade.7514

and here you just pointed out one of the major issue’s with the down system -.-
still you havent commented on what it is that it adds which is so importent/good and is best added by the downing system?
i really cant find anything, i cant find the reason for the system being in the game in the first place.

It isn’t an issue though because I just told you a way around. If you want to be overly stubborn about it, it is best to find another game.

Down state system is fun for me because it gives a second chance. Whenever I go down, and I just stay there to accept my fate. Then suddenly, my teammate comes out of nowhere and blast the enemy away from me and resurrect me up. I like that feeling.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

in Suggestions

runeblade.7514

Perhaps being able to interrupt reviving with damage would fix the problems people have with downed mechanic.

There is already a way to interrupt reviving.

Use interrupt skills.