reward npc deleted

reward npc deleted

in Suggestions

Posted by: joseanjim.8096

joseanjim.8096

With last patch was deleted the npc of donation rewards in LA without any alert in launcher (like xmas rewards npc deletion) Thousands of players now should eat their tokens with potatoes. This is not fair. Can you create a way to spend that tokens plz?

reward npc deleted

in Suggestions

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

As stated in many others post that it was said late in february she would return to here proper duties of cleaning and painting the walls of the Lionsgaurd HQ.

reward npc deleted

in Suggestions

Posted by: Element of Roamer.1024

Element of Roamer.1024

Could you please merge this with the other posts on Liongaurd Lyns.

Apparently there was an update from Anet on patch notes from Jan that Lyns will be removed from the game. I found this out only AFTER submitting a ticket to Anet. The fact that I have a full time job and am not readily available to read all the posts is unfortunate. There needs to be a better method of communications to the gaming community, surely there are many people that feel the same way. I do feel that after spending the time and money in game to make the commendations I should either be refunded my mats and supplies or be able to trade in what I have left. Why, if she was to be removed from the game could you still make the commendations, this makes no sense. The way Anet handled the tickets in PvP was a more realistic approach, turn them in for boxes, makes sense…..
Hoping there can be something done as I have 20 crates of commendations which took me a lot of time and money to obtain.

reward npc deleted

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fabulous Mustache.9271

Fabulous Mustache.9271

I am much in the same boat as Element of Roamer, I am at best a casual player and I spend very little time on the GW2 Website and Forums page. I use what time I have to enjoy the game and not reading the thousands of posts placed on the forums by the GW2 gaming community. I also am sitting on numerous crates and captain commendations due to the fact that I was unaware of Lyns leaving LA. After numerous mailings with Anet, It seems that this is their only solution to my questions. There needs to be a better way to communicate these major changes and updates to the game than to expect that the entire gaming community are reading the thousands of post placed on the GW2 webpage or the forums. A couple of suggestions I mentioned were to incorporate in the NPCs dialogue any changes to that NPC. In this case Lionguard Lyns, upon visiting would announce her leaving LA on XX/XX date. Now if you do not frequently speak to Lyns, then its likely you will not miss her in LA, on the other hand those who frequently visited her to donate and collect her wares would be aware of her departure and could liquidate your tokens accordingly. Another idea, and maybe the better solution would be to incorporate a “Heralds” Icon in the top left screen to accompany the other various icons that would display all the current news on game changes and updates. I think more players are likely to read this in the game environment rather than to spend time on the forums and website. After all I think most of us want to get in the game and catch up with our guildies or friends and enjoy the game. I would also like very much to see a vendor much like the tournament token vendor in the pvp area, where we can dispose of our captain commendations. At very least maybe an occasional visit to LA from Lyns where shes open for trading, even if she just visits one week every couple of months or so… I spent much time and coin in making the commendations (One week before she vanished, mind you) and it would be nice to be able to use these to purchase the gathering tools, salvaging kits, weapons etc that she offered.

reward npc deleted

in Suggestions

Posted by: sova.6132

sova.6132

i agree with Roamer, also invested time and game money into commendations just to hear that Lyns will be removed

reward npc deleted

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

you can lead a horse to water but you can’t force them to drink.

you can put information out there for future changes to the game but you can’t force players to read them.

The opportunity was there, honestly what more do you expect anet to do? Have some forced notes you must confirm reading before playing every time you log in?

AR

reward npc deleted

in Suggestions

Posted by: evolverzilla.2359

evolverzilla.2359

It´s the same problem with every game.

If you put the notes on a site people will say that they can´t have time to acess at least once a week to see the notes.

If you put on login screen for easy read, people will say that the login screen was garbled with a lot of information.

If you put in global inside the game people will say that they are busy looking other things.

There will be never a good way to inform people about changes in the game. Like Catisa said: you can lead a horse to the water but you can´t force it to drink.