sashimono: NO, Aspect: NO, cape: YES !

in Suggestions

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

title says it all,

NO to sashimono !http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/193/7/1/yoshimitsu__costume_black__by_barricadexbumblebee-d5709mc.jpg!

NO to the upcoming Aspect back items
!https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/0c2f401-Aspect-Back-Items.jpg!

YES to capes, we want capes none of this BS compromise we want capes PERIOD
!http://i31.tinypic.com/nb22o7.jpg!

in Suggestions

Posted by: kitanas.3596

kitanas.3596

the reason they have not added capes is charr and the horrible clipping issues they create. this means that it is just not worth the effort to add capes. i suspect fixing that is a back-burner/pet project of some of the staff members there, but I doubt it will be seen anytime soon.

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

cut the tail, lower it, make it curve lower, make capes specially designed with a curvature around the stupid tail, so many options

The only race keeping us from capes is the stinking charr, which I totally hate btw !
this hate comes from gw1 can’t help it i fought them for ages there !

So I see no reason to not have 2 styles of capes.
1 for the other 4 races
1 for the stinking charr

there problem solved as well !

Come on chop chop anet.

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

in Suggestions

Posted by: TwoBit.5903

TwoBit.5903

I would say no because of clipping issues, but since even games like DCUO have clipping issues with capes and still have capes… why not? Just make it so that the capes don’t clip with the outfits they’d be sensible with. Then again that’d just limit them humanoid warriors lol.

in Suggestions

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It doesn’t really matter. My primary character is a charr and every single back item so far has looked terrible on it.

Capes can potentially work and look good on a charr, though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Racial specific back items could be a thing. I actually like the samurai flag thing, but I dislike the tiny ones in the game. They look like handles more than a way of proudly displaying guild pride.

in Suggestions

Latinkuro.9420

Racial specific back items could be a thing. I actually like the samurai flag thing, but I dislike the tiny ones in the game. They look like handles more than a way of proudly displaying guild pride.

I have to agree that if it was like real sashimono it would actually be really cool
but……

That tiny piece of kitten on my back is laughable to say the least
I understand they were trying to avoid looking like the ones wow has for battle grounds but in doing so they created something truly ridiculous and ugly looking.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Or just don’t give charr capes if that actually is the reason… and figure out some kind of alternative. It’s not like anybody plays charr because of how good they look all gussied up.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

If they added capes there would be no incentive to get any other backpieces because they would be too awesome :P

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

@ people saying the reason is due to Charr character clipping…you realize they could just implement a different “form” of cape for them right? It makes more sense for Charr to have the warbanner backpiece anyways(what we have right now).

in Suggestions

Posted by: Segev.4108

Segev.4108

It could be awesome if warriors carried their banners on their backs though.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Everyone seems to think that clipping issues are the reason why they haven’t added capes. The real reason is because, while it’s as easy as welling each cape they make to collide with every armor model in the game equipped to your character, that takes a lot of client-side power to render in real time (though, it is doable. Anyone running a mid-high range PC would be able to render it without any noticeable FPS drops.).

I’m a character artist, and when I see the clipping argument it makes me laugh knowing that ArenaNet works with Maya over 3DSMax and would be fools not to allow nCloth properties in their engine, which GW1 did. They still use nCloth in GW2, but with the much higher poly counts that this game has and massive amount of normal mapping, I fear that 50 players with capes on your screen would cause some serious issues were they all to have collision information attached.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I just want that samurai armor for my Canthans in game! Hikari, in full body armor like that, she’d be bad kitten

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Loading.4503

Loading.4503

Not sure about copy rights and if I can say it so ill say it this way, charrs with capes reminds me of a beastly character from a movie with a beauty and a beast >.>, all u need is a ponytail and a tux also so u can go /ballroomdance

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Again, I say “no” because capes are lame. I’d like a cloak though, that’s more fitting the game’s style.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Emperor.1360

Emperor.1360

Cloaks would be great.

Omnes stulti estis, quod putatis vos esse
intellegentes eximiosque, quamvis
non fuistis, vere non estis et eritis numquam.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

I hate capes…

in Suggestions

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

I would love a cloak, but no game is gonna do cloaks justice unless the armor is extremely tame. Can’t have big shoulders, spikes, or anything on the back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

Who is this We youre refering too…? I know i’m not one of them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

He said “we” because he knows he is not alone, if he had said “Everyone” “All of us” and such, then your statement would be correct, Caedmon. but he did not, so… :P

I would love if cloaks were added to the game. It would please me so much I would not care AT ALL about clipping issues. My Norn’s hair clips through anything yet I am so pleased by its look that I do not care if it breaks through shield and greatsword!

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

the reason they have not added capes is charr and the horrible clipping issues they create.

So what you’re saying is we can have capes if we get rid of the charr? You get the pitchforks, I’ll get the torches, and we’ll rouse us up a rabble.

in Suggestions

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

You think the clipping issues is with the Charr tails? Think again

The problem is with their four legged out of combat running animation which would indeed clip horribly, as in Horribly with a capital H.

You could make some capes for human shapes and ignore some clipping issues, it’s hard to do the same for Charr because it would be far too ugly at that point.

in Suggestions

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Nuke the Black Citadel, introduce capes shortly after?

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

How about giving Charr those roman-style side drapes seen in Aion? They were pretty nice.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Don’t you guys remember?
No Capes
:D
(Anyone know how to get the youtube video to show right in post?)

Nuke the Black Citadel, introduce capes shortly after?

I’m sure the Asura can do that. Just look what they did with that reactor…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

cut the tail, lower it, make it curve lower, make capes specially designed with a curvature around the stupid tail, so many options

I think it’s more about their running animation being different than them having tails.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

I think it’s more about their running animation being different than them having tails.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zorby.8236

Zorby.8236

I’m going to go ahead and say no to capes as well. What ever happened to the style of GW2? It’s been flushed down the drain in favor of introducing such silly things as:

• Flags that impale you
  • Wings
  • Plush Backpacks
  • Wings
  • Silly Norn Moustache
  • Wings
  • Sclerite
  • Wings
  • Wings
~This is the internet, my (or your) opinion doesn’t matter~

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sirendo.6753

Sirendo.6753

Id just say when they add capes and I think eventually they will I just hope they will be to the ground long and not those that we had in Guild Wars 1.

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Best back item they made so far is the Infused Cap from FoTM and the Flower from Southsun. The rest are really crappy IMHO.

Capes/Cloaks would be nice, if done correctly. Chars dont desert Capes….they barely deserve to be playable races as far as Im concerned :-)

Capes on Asura and Humans would look awesome. Vines for the Slyvarans would be nice too.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

in Suggestions

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

Best back item they made so far is the Infused Cap from FoTM and the Flower from Southsun. The rest are really crappy IMHO.

Capes/Cloaks would be nice, if done correctly. Chars dont desert Capes….they barely deserve to be playable races as far as Im concerned :-)

Capes on Asura and Humans would look awesome. Vines for the Slyvarans would be nice too.

I would rather play a Charr than a uppity twig.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Psycho Robot.7835

Psycho Robot.7835

You can get a cape in game. All you need to do is be a norn warrior or guardian and get t3 cultural armor. The current system is fine for warrior/guardian norns who like the t3 cultural armor, so I don’t see why it needs to change.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Vocah.1208

Vocah.1208

I agree, capes would be an amazing addition. However, the devs should keep a few things in mind:

-Capes are meant to be long, to the ground, heroic, not small pieces of cloth making you look silly.
-Customization is important, meaning, different textures (fur, metallic, cloth…) and dyeable.
-It shouldn’t replace the current back pieces; for example, the infused glowing thingy, an awesome cape and some good armour would look sick. So, maybe capes shouldn’t have stats or should all have the same stats, meaning the hunt for the best ones would only be aesthetic.
-It should fit well; clipping is less annoying than a floating cape or a cape piercing metal.

As long as charr goes, special capes could be designed for them. Maybe a semi-split cape so it doesn’t go over the tail? Also, why not add a graphic option for players; show/don’t show capes (of others). Boom, lag issues fixed.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Torvarren.6295

Torvarren.6295

They told us no during the beta. They had capes in the game and they said that they didn’t like the physics of the cape.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

The only race keeping us from capes is the stinking charr, which I totally hate btw !
this hate comes from gw1 can’t help it i fought them for ages there !

So I see no reason to not have 2 styles of capes.
1 for the other 4 races
1 for the stinking charr

there problem solved as well !

Come on chop chop anet.

I agree!

Everyone but the Charr get capes.
The Charr get sashes.

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Let’s make some sense.

“Not worth the effort to make capes”
=
Not worth the effort to make anything people like, because they said to be difficult (no, they are not.)

Conclusion: Its not worth to make a game that players like – at all?

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

Actually I think Anet has an opportunity to make a very fun thing happen here with a charr and capes. Let me link a video that shows a scene from the original Wizard of Oz and the Cowardly Lion. If you don’t want to watch the whole clip skip to about 2:35 to get to the part that displays what I am talking about.

You will notice that it appears to frustrate the Lion a bit, but a slit in the back of the outfit made a perfect slot for a tail. This is how capes could be done.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaiman.3150

Kaiman.3150

Sashimono is probably coming at least when Cantha is going to be playable. I am fine with it, since I really like ancient asian art.

I love the new aspect back-items, not sure why you don’t want anybody to wear them, at least you can get different gear and don’t have to wear them.

Cloaks, yes, would like the option, however I don’t really care very much.

To the Charr: I think Arenanet should rework all the clipping issues on Charrs and Asura, it’s so hard to find armor for Charr that isn’t ugly clipping with the tail or the horns/ for the Asura and their ears. Hell I even had a low-level heavy human helmet that was not clipping with female ears, that was looking so weird.
And the backitems on Charr are like hovering over the backs of the char, what is looking so beta.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376