scale area completion rewards with level

in Suggestions

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

its painful completing a low level area on a high level character and getting lvl 25 gear, suggesting improving it to atleast level 80 rares (at level 80), maybe exos if you feel like being kind ;]

- it would greatly increase the (shoddy) effort:reward ratio of completing areas and would help encourage higher level players to go to lower level zones (some of which are pathetically empty almost all the time)

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Way too easy to exploit

in Suggestions

Way too easy to exploit

exploit… how exactly? people still have to put the effort into completing an area; considering you can get 2 ecto-rares per run of a higher level dungeon i dont see how its exploitable

- honestly i just want a reason to go to the overworld again; i dont plan on going for a legendary anytime soon (im still getting cultural armour on a few characters as well as going for azureflame) and levelling my other three alts is a chore with no people to complete the group events with, levels on my 80s are worthless to me now, same with basic trans stones (just created a new thread about those…) and low level loot, dungeon running is much more rewarding atm that i just cant see a reason to go explore anymore

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

(edited by Linguistically Inept.6583)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Never going to happen. ANet would not want to tell people “Don’t bother with any map completion until you are lv80.” and that is exactly what this would be doing.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Catisa.6507

Catisa.6507

i would just do all map to 98%, leave behind one POI on each until I was 80, then go complete them all for better rewards … as said above, easily exploited.

AR

in Suggestions

Posted by: Pjwned.3601

Pjwned.3601

Better yet just make it actually rewarding to do anything in lower level zones. I thought the point of scaling everybody’s level down was to make it so proper rewards would be justified but obviously that’s just yet another broken promise.

in Suggestions

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

That makes no sense. I can easy beat 10 lvl 1 mobs in low level areas.

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Runiir.6425

Runiir.6425

Better yet just make it actually rewarding to do anything in lower level zones. I thought the point of scaling everybody’s level down was to make it so proper rewards would be justified but obviously that’s just yet another broken promise.

When I am on my 80 running around lowbie land, yellows drop like candy. Getting full map completion on 3 lvl 15-25 zones I’ve netted 20 lvl 74+ rares and 2 exotics. Far better than I ever got by running at-level zones trying to farm lodestones (with one HORRID drop rate).

Would say they have made it better to be in lowbie zones. (people also buy up the white drops from lowbie zones far more than they want higher ones so I’m making more side money as well).

in Suggestions

i would just do all map to 98%, leave behind one POI on each until I was 80, then go complete them all for better rewards … as said above, easily exploited.

hadnt thought of that… that would be an issue

When I am on my 80 running around lowbie land, yellows drop like candy. Getting full map completion on 3 lvl 15-25 zones I’ve netted 20 lvl 74+ rares and 2 exotics. Far better than I ever got by running at-level zones trying to farm lodestones (with one HORRID drop rate).

Would say they have made it better to be in lowbie zones. (people also buy up the white drops from lowbie zones far more than they want higher ones so I’m making more side money as well).

then you are lucky (or im unlucky – i have only had 2 exos drop from corpses since headstart ); even with magic find gear (granted; not full) i have never obtained a rare from low level zones

That makes no sense. I can easy beat 10 lvl 1 mobs in low level areas.

easy =/= fun or rewarding