still waiting on a latency bar...

in Suggestions

Posted by: I Goof Em.6873

I Goof Em.6873

i’m sure this has been posted many times, myself almost a year ago… GW2 NEEDS a latency bar, just like every other game.
it’s important information to know when one is lagging, to safely kitten the situation. please, get onto this.

in Suggestions

I Goof Em.6873

dunno why it says ‘kitten,’ it should say kitten

in Suggestions

I Goof Em.6873

*asess, analyze, weigh judgement. really, you guys are censoring these words?

in Suggestions

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Hi Mofogie,
The filter works in a way that words are also ‘kittened’ when they are inside a word. to prevent that to happen to normal words, they have to get an exception. you can report those words in this subforum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/forum

Best way to bypass the filter is to use a -’- to make the offended part not being
For example

I would want this game to be less’ boring to prevent it turning into ‘kittenoring’

On topic
I disagree actually with the need of a latency bar.

Those that can investigate lag issues, dont really need such a bar. For those who need investigation to solve issues such a bar often give false information. Too many people don’t even know the difference between network lag and graphical lag, while judging the game on bad pings.

So for me it is totally not needed. But offcourse, as an optional thing it would be ok. But to prevent people less technical skilled to draw false conclusions it would be best to have it as a command line argument.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!