-suggestion- Fractal Voting issue Fix

in Suggestions

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

-reposted here-

Why was the fractal ever tied to the event in the first place.
It should be voted upon sure, but tying it to an event that was voted for by people who neither knew what they were voting for nor had any care about fractal permanent content or lore saddens me.

There could have been other fluff tied to the election or even other content /rewards

Have a vote after the election during the jubilee where we get “lions council referendum tokens” and a message from kiel to her constituents “My first act as a member on the council is to” and then give a run down of the lore behind each.

And for anyone who counters by saying “it is old lore”
NO IT kitten WELL WASN’T, Abbadon’s lore was all about his fall from grace and banishment BEFORE guild wars 1’s timeline happened or was even close to happening.

Hell he is responsible for everything that happened in the first three guild wars releases.

Titans, Shiro and ofcourse his direct involvement in Nightfall.

Have the players vote in a more meaningful and less biased way… Don’t tie the vote to some guy who has had NO story time or influence vs Kiel’s spotlight and less slimy appearance.

Voting was good, the implementation was dodgy for what is permanent content and an expansion of lore.

in Suggestions

Posted by: blurryhunter.1250

blurryhunter.1250

It was simply a boon that came with the winning side. Something else to distinguish the permanence that these event outcomes are suppose to have in the world; hence the lore friendly explanation that the winner will ‘fund research into fractal experience’.

I voted for Kiel because Gnashblade didn’t deserve the spot.

As for the Fractal differences, I’m tired of Abaddon. Guild Wars: Nightfall was all about Abaddon’s return and, with that, came a lot of information about Abaddon’s original fall. The Reactor has a lot less information about the events prior. Personally, the Reactor interests me more, because it ties into Pre-Guild Wars 2 moments and I’d rather have that than anything else on Abaddon. It’d be a Fractal that shows something I already know and while showing me it would have been neat, it pales in comparison to learning what happened about a relatively unknown moment about an event we only really experience in the aftermath.

Guild Wars had it’s time to spin it’s story. It’s Guild Wars 2’s time.

I think the biggest issue here is that a lot of people that voted for Kiel did it because they wanted Kiel to win, rewards be kitten ed, and a lot of the people that voted for Gnashblade did it because they wanted that Fractal. The Kiel supports are happy with the outcome, because they got the candidate they wanted in the seat. The Gnashblade supports are upset, because they didn’t get the Fall of Abaddon reward.

As I’ve said before, this, if anything, is a testament to ArenaNet making a good world. One where the choice that made sense in the world itself won out over the simple choice of which content sounds more interesting.

in Suggestions

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

As I said it SHOULD have been a separate vote or atleast both candidates and outcomes should have been covered properly in game so people were informed.

There was bugger all info on that time in Nightfall. It is mostly a mystery with small bits revealed and that is why having a fractal would have been good, we could have gotten a bit of closure.

I love the idea of permanent votes but the way this vote was set up lead to people not knowing what they were voting for or people who didn’t care impacting those who did.

They also have made it VERY clear that we will never get it now.