survey: do u want surveys in the game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hello!

since we who participates in the forums are the minority voice (source: https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/104396/I4E780N.jpg) how about we reach out to the majority of the guild wars 2 players via surveys built into the game?

for example, the top left row of menu buttons, say we add a new “survey” button to the “question mark ?” hints button maybe a “surveys S” button.

when anet wants to gather feedback from the players, they can enter a new survey questions there.

for example, the survey question of the month could be:

“Do you want ascended to be the last tier?”

1. Yes
2. No

so …

what do you all think?
do you want surveys built into the game?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

IMO getting more feedback is always a great thing in a game, but they should be as unobtrusive as possible. If it pops up with “DID YOU LIKE THIS DUNGEON 1-5” after finishing a dungeon each and every time it’s just gonna feel like the game’s still in beta.

I’m somewhat curious about one of the side effects of no subscription, actually- ANet never gets the unsub reports that a sub-based game would.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Suggestions

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

well, they would change something about all those “how do you know a lot of people agree with you? did you make a census?” etc type of discussions on these forums

Oceanic [LOD]

in Suggestions

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

As the topic states the people posting in this thread are from a very specific sample size. Therefore, this survey is biased and doesn’t mean much.

The only way we can tell if the majority wants in-game surveys is to ask them. However, this won’t occur unless the majority wants to take a survey asking them whether they want to take surveys.

-Mind explodes-

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Unless it was done in such a way that it was not intrusive: ie in your face pop up, then an unequivocal no.
If it was done, as the OP say’s on a survey button, or on an unobtrusive panel some place, then sure. But pity the poor sucker who has to go through that raw data afterwards ^-^.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I always like when voting things have option: D. I don’t like to vote. GG.

(Just to make sure I don’t have to respond to that. I think the title is funny, posing a survey asking if people want surveys.)

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

IMO getting more feedback is always a great thing in a game, but they should be as unobtrusive as possible. If it pops up with “DID YOU LIKE THIS DUNGEON 1-5” after finishing a dungeon each and every time it’s just gonna feel like the game’s still in beta.

I’m somewhat curious about one of the side effects of no subscription, actually- ANet never gets the unsub reports that a sub-based game would.

yes, definitely not intrusive.

well, they would change something about all those “how do you know a lot of people agree with you? did you make a census?” etc type of discussions on these forums

indeed. at the moment, it seems like they use “how many players are still playing” to check things.

As the topic states the people posting in this thread are from a very specific sample size. Therefore, this survey is biased and doesn’t mean much.

The only way we can tell if the majority wants in-game surveys is to ask them. However, this won’t occur unless the majority wants to take a survey asking them whether they want to take surveys.

-Mind explodes-

first we can start a non intrusive survey in the game to see if they want non intrusive surveys in the game!

Unless it was done in such a way that it was not intrusive: ie in your face pop up, then an unequivocal no.
If it was done, as the OP say’s on a survey button, or on an unobtrusive panel some place, then sure. But pity the poor sucker who has to go through that raw data afterwards ^-^.

heheh the survey answers could be simple. say 2 choices.

for example, yes and no.

I always like when voting things have option: D. I don’t like to vote. GG.

(Just to make sure I don’t have to respond to that. I think the title is funny, posing a survey asking if people want surveys.)

survey-ception!

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

I liked the beta-weekend survey popups.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: whyme.3281

whyme.3281

a few questions per week would be OK, but a question every step you walk would be too much.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

You would get a larger sample size, but my gut feeling is most players would just click on the ‘average’ or middle option just to get rid of the pop up whilst getting to feel useful

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Suggestions

Posted by: whyme.3281

whyme.3281

Then the first question should be “do you like participating in a survey making gw2 even better?” Yes, no

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I liked the beta-weekend survey popups.

hmm but i get the feeling people do not want compulsory pop ups.

a few questions per week would be OK, but a question every step you walk would be too much.

i was thinking one simple question per each living story update to keep it simple.
definitely not every step haha.

You would get a larger sample size, but my gut feeling is most players would just click on the ‘average’ or middle option just to get rid of the pop up whilst getting to feel useful

keep the questions simple. 2 choices. yes or no.

and no pop ups.

a simple reminder would appear in the mail, to encourage them to check out the surveys.

Then the first question should be “do you like participating in a survey making gw2 even better?” Yes, no

yes, we start off with a simple question!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Banquetto.9521

Banquetto.9521

One thing I’ve encountered in some F2P games is survey links sent via email, with a small in-game reward offered for filling out the survey (just a little bit of coin or some such).

in Suggestions

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Not sure if the players want to be bothered with such petitions in game, but I do think it would be a good thing. They shouldn’t be frequent, easy to digest and not too controversial.

For example, each living story chapter could have had a 1-5 scale for fun, rewards, story and impact much like the betas had for different events. These gave a lot of good feedback.

As far as real design choices are concerned, that’s not really up for democratic choice. A.net is a corporation, and their choices will reflect what’s best for business. In the end, what’s best for players is also best for a.net so I wouldn’t worry too much.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

Surely Anet have metrics that tell them exactly what events and activities are popular?

I hate cold calls asking me to take part in a survey and to have this intruding on my game time would be just as bad.

I say No to in game surveys!

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Surely Anet have metrics that tell them exactly what events and activities are popular?

I hate cold calls asking me to take part in a survey and to have this intruding on my game time would be just as bad.

how would optional surveys be intrusive?

in Suggestions

Posted by: shadowsoul.2134

shadowsoul.2134

Yes!
Short optional surveys, they would appear when you log in.
No more than 1 each day, they could be skipped and If someone wanna spend some minutes doing them all together he will find them in a menu section. For istance you could do them while waiting for dungeons or scouting in WvW.
The would be very fast, for example: Would you like more vertical progression? (in game link for more infos, redirect on the forum)
yes, no, I’m not sure, skip

in Suggestions

Posted by: Fransgaard.5206

Fransgaard.5206

I really wouldn’t mind them making ingame surveys, actually I would kinda like it.
T
hey could even put it in one of the dalies, giving people more reason to do the survey.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Talenna.4052

Talenna.4052

how would optional surveys be intrusive?

A pop up window without warning is intrusive. If there was an option not to participate in the settings, then that would be acceptable.

But what exactly would you expect Anet to achieve from this that they don’t get from metrics and the forums? Are they going to be more likely to sift through hundreds of responses than look at the data they can pull off their servers?

in Suggestions

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

A pop up window without warning is intrusive. If there was an option not to participate in the settings, then that would be acceptable.

But what exactly would you expect Anet to achieve from this that they don’t get from metrics and the forums? Are they going to be more likely to sift through hundreds of responses than look at the data they can pull off their servers?

it would be a button next to the “? hints” button.
people could click it at their leisure to check out the current survey question.

survey could be a simple question.

for example,

“would you buy a gem store item that unlocks all way points for a character?”
1. yes
2. no
3. I Dunno LOL ¯\(°_o)/¯

they can just look at the simple pie chart for that question and decide.

say if 50% vote yes, they could roll out a new item on the gem store and make new sales.