thief class of no skill

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bishop.5938

Bishop.5938

hey guys just wondering if this has been suggested yet or not but is A net going to do anything about the fail nub class called thief?

Like i enjoy this game the WvW and PvP, though im getting fed up with walking around a zone to be 2 shot by a thief that just spams one ability.

I can fight every other class and win most of them but with thief the other dude needs no skill just hit 2 2 2 2 2.

SO just wondering if there is a mention of this being fixed.

thanks

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

1 piece of advice, don’t build glass cannon against a glass bazooka. You won’t win :s In other words, build more defensive stats, and out live them. I, and many other’s I have talked to in pvp, wvw, and pve, have little to no issue with thieves. Mesmer’s on the other hand….

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ryujin.2805

Ryujin.2805

Although I play a thief as my main and might be a bit biased I simply don’t see the problem. We have to make some serious choices in our builds in regards to dps and survivability.
Sure, a pure glass cannon thief can do some redonculous damage, but we die very quickly, a more stealthy build does slightly less damage, but can be the most annoying thing there is to come up against.
“nubs” who just spam 2 (heartseeker I assume) are usually not much of a threat, but those few players that really play the thief to perfection are a nightmare to deal with, but then again, most classes played well can be very difficult opponents.
Learning to deal with the different classes in PvP/WvWvW is part of the fun, adapting your build and tactics accordingly. There have been very few instances where I didn’t feel I could have won had I just adapted quicker, but sometimes it’s just that I recognize my opponent was a much better player than I am.

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Wrong. The Thief is a class of many skills, which like the Elementalists, are mostly OP in PvP.

:D

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Bishop.5938

Like i said i can beat most mesmers elememtalists rangers i do have a little trouble with like 50/50 but thieves i drop in 2-3 heartseaker spams. My build is fairly defensive with 30 points in toughness.

ALso i have picked up utility goggles with a stun break and immune to blind. I dodge the first attack after using them net shot then try to unload but then i see the thief using heartseaker spamming then im down in 1 or 2 seconds. If anyone has any advice or help mabie i am missing something?

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Posted by: FalconFighter.9628

FalconFighter.9628

Q: best advice for learning to deal with HS thief?
A: play heartseeker thief

its not the easiest thing to play
once you get countered as a thief, you will be able to better recognize situations that can really mess them up

other than that, youtube it. there’s plenty of guides.
soon Anet should release more means for players to learn about spvp. look forward to some really nice guides when that time comes. should be around when matchmaking is released

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I think a good counter (sounds like you’re engineer) for a HS thief is multiple immoibilizes. Sure they can stealth away but if they are foolish enough to spam HS over and over and you time dodges and immoibilze nicely they will be swinging at nothing. Also launch skills help, they don’t dodge during Heartseeker.

Yes, heartseeker is obnoxious and even on my power build thief I hardly use it other than for a gap closer or to get the combo finisher effect in various fields. It’s one of those things you gata ask around and look around for counters, not go extreme as to say thieves take no skill. (Most thieves I find in pvp or wvw are fairly bad tbh, but some I come across that I cannot get around to killing. The annoying ones I laugh at as I drop them or simply out live them on my thief.)

Almost every profession have some obnoxious build they can abuse, its not perfect atm but thieves arn’t the only ones who can be super annoying.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Bishop.5938

ok cool thanks guys. Yeh i should not have phrased my post like i did at the start just annoyed was havein a top time in WvW then i was droped so quickelly.

Thanks again for the advice I gonna stick with it learn a bit more about the thief class and work out how to kill em.

Roundy (Sanctum of Rall)
[Blud] Blood Hammer

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

you know, i built a thief spec for myself, completely void of any stealth attributes. rather, i found lots of self-heals, as well as pretty dang good damage. this spec relies on dodge and steal to restore endurance and initiative, so it was a bit tricksy for me to get used to dodging lots … however. for pve it’s about the most survivable character i have, next to my warrior.

wandered into wvw one day, looking for map completion, and got trounced by a guardian with a gs and don’t remember what the other weapon set was. i did notice that our fight lasted about six-seven minutes, and i had more hp than the guardian, when their buddy the ele joined the party.

thief, when built to suit your playstyle, and with certain considerations taken into account, can be a BLOODY survivable and high-damage profession. take the time, play around on guildhead, and you’ll see for yourself.

thief class of no skill

in Suggestions

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Wrong. The Thief is a class of many skills, which like the Elementalists, are mostly OP in PvP.

:D

Elementalists…OP?

laughs like the Joker

Really though, they’re not. They’re pretty easy to take out.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald