unsoulbind but keep account bound

in Suggestions

Posted by: phillip.6821

phillip.6821

My suggestion is simple. To make a gem store item (maybe not even gem store) that could unsoulbind a weapon, armor or trinket BUT have the item account bound. This would help people move weapons to characters for better use, or maybe even move ascended trinkets to characters who needs them for say fractals of the mists. In my case, I would like to move a focus (the anomaly) from guardian to a mesmer and move ascended trinkets to my guardian for fractals. Some people may have soulbound equipment on A character that they no longer use.

I understand the ramifications to the market if items could be unsoulbound and resold on trading post. that is why i propose this harmless yet VERY CONVENIENT idea. This is not A market destroying idea and if anything it would improve gem store sales =P. I cant find an exploit to this idea so please review this and tell me what ya think Arena net and players of guildwars!

-thanks for reading!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

While this would not make the any additional money, I think the replacement of soulbinding in the game to account binding would be general quality of life move on their part.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

I can really see something like this happen.
An over priced 1 time use Gem store item that is.

You already have the splicer that could be use to do this, I have an ascended back piece on a toon that I don’t use and I liked to have it on another, it was a question of should I use the splicer or infuse it to make it account bound? At the end neither because it was too expensive either way.

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

in Suggestions

phillip.6821

the transmutation splitter only keeps soulbound items soulbound. Still stuck on the character it was soulbound to, but lets you revert back to the original skin of that item. Doesn’t help at all with transferring an item to another character.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

It may not help with ascended trinkets, but for your issue with Anomaly:

1. Transmute Anomaly with a plain white focus. This removes the soulbind and makes the item account bound.

2. Transfer the now account bound, white stat Anomaly to the character of your choice.

3. Transmute the Anomaly with an item that has the correct stats.

4. ???

5. Profit.

in Suggestions

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

I find the whole soulbinding mechanic incredibly tedious. We should be encouraged to have multiple characters and swap around gear at will inside your own account. In my opinion, all soul binding in the game should just be replaced with account binding. It would be a serious improvement in quality of life for every player with more than one character.

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

Removal of troll-bound items is never going to happen in gw2. All games claim the reason for it is to “keep the markets from overinflating/becoming flooded with unused versions of XXXXX” “make items special” “make you think before equipping it” blah blah blah… Besides, the transmutation method above makes them plenty of money as is. The Anomaly is easy enough, back pieces are annoying, but doable…you can buy back piece “sets” off the AH (plush charr SET) which is an unpackable that includes a white quality “straps” item for doing the transmute thing. (this is how warriors get their hands on engineer starter back pieces as best I can tell).. as for replacing the stats, I see no reason account binding would cause issues for things that are soulbound from the get-go (meta achievment skins, ascended trinkets since account-wide fractal level is a slap in the face if you had not previeously maxed out more than just 1 character for AR, etc) At least with The Anomaly, if you haven’t gone and transmuted it to ascended, it isn’t too hard to skin the now junk white (do it to level 60+ white/blue so you can keep your sigil) back onto good enough stats…but for back and forth, I’d like it too, but I say don’t get your hopes up

in Suggestions

phillip.6821

This is just plain sad then. I would need trans splitters as well as trans stones… That is extremely whack … I hope you see how complicated y’all are making things Anet (not ranting). Making an item to make things account bound would improve quality of game play IMMENSELY. I would spend 500 gems on this item if you guys made it, but I’m not going to spend 500 gems on a ghetto process that barley fixes our problems. By our, I mean all the other people who want to switch agony resistant items to better characters.