variety of medium armors for female

in Suggestions

Posted by: Helenorz.2547

Helenorz.2547

Strictly Aethestics here.

As a player with two medium armor characters, I feel that the medium armor choices are very limited. Most of the armors are a variation of trench coats, and none of them seem very form fitting. In fact, the lvl80 Karma vendor one makes you look really wide and bulky. It’s like…I also like the human cultural T2 chest, but for some reason, the moment i put it on, my character looked as though she grown in size, and her chest became abnormally huge.

I would like a change to that. If the coat trend is a “thing” to the medium armors, it would be nice if it’s slightly smaller on the females. The boots/shoes are also way too bulky, and makes you look as though you have super big feet.

Also, I would like to see more headgear variations. For instance with the light armor, there’s the acolyte jewel looking thing, and the feathered headpiece is awesome…it would be great we can have some more choices.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Axvil.2839

Axvil.2839

Agreed, medium armor is pretty mehh at the time..
The only (non cultural) one I like is the “Duelist” set. Hopefully ANET will notice that 9 out of 10 thief/ranger/engi are wearing that style of armor and make more similar ones in the near future.

in Suggestions

Helenorz.2547

and that’s just it, most people go for the duelist set/pieces. I myself have my thief decked out in mostly duelist, but I also see a lot of people going for human T3.

Not saying there aren’t some good coats out there, but a little bit of variety and WAY less bulky would be extremely nice.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Synh.6701

Synh.6701

The trenchcoat is all fine and dandy, and I have nothing against that type of armor. But there’s just SO. DANG. MANY. overcoats in the medium gear selection. So I agree.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Terrin.2685

Terrin.2685

I ended up buying the medium armor skins from the black lion trading company. And have found there is nothing in the light armor choices that I like for my elementalist. Or anything in the heavy armor for my defender so I have her using the armor from the hall of monuments.

More options across the board, please.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Delsabre.5934

Delsabre.5934

Order of Whispers medium armor.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

I hope Arenanet will design much more kitten armor that looks good on males too.
I’m unhappy with the styles that GW2 offers. Childish, poor quality IMO.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

Please.

You pretty much don’t see any lvl 80 ranger/thief/engie who is not wearing the Berserker’s Duelist/Cultural T3/Whisper’s armor sets.

I do agree that some coats are nice, but it’d be ok if they weren’t 90% of all options out there.

And this is a personal complaint: All those 3 armors ARE thieves specific armors.

Berserker’s Duelist is the armor worn by Thieves Guild (Thieves’ elite skill)
Cultural T3 set is called “Assassin” ermmm.
The Order of Whispers is: […] a secretive ancient Elonian order…snip….Its members, often spies, thieves and agents […]

The only set that looks quite rangerish is the T1 set, and it’s not impressive at all. The T2 is pretty neutral and good looking but I agree that for some reason it makes my character looks way bigger.

Norn cultural sets are beautifull, but oh well.

So Anet, give us engenieers and rangers nice skins without daggers and throwing stars stuck all over the armor, and of course thieves could use some variety too.

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Evolving Minotaur.5871

Evolving Minotaur.5871

In GW1 many of us loved the trench coat mostly because it was first offered near the end of Nightfall. I am guessing that because of how well it was recieved, they went a little overboard with the coats/poofy skirts. I agree totally with the OP here. And while your at it, female footwear for med and hvy are too blocky.

Personally I think shoes and gloves should be transmutable for any of the three armor types. gender specific of course. Not the rest of the armor though. PvP and WvW still need to be able to recognize the main body armor type.

in Suggestions

Helenorz.2547

Coats are fine, really, I’m really okay with coats, I just want…to be able to…see more than just coats. seriously, something that’s not bulky, there are coats out there that are not bulky.

also, I notice Vigil medium pants (which really, is some sort of panty with these wrap around stuff and thigh high socks or something) makes my ranger appears to have thunder thighs, but when she’s in regular pants everything looked fine…which makes me wonder if it’s the mesh itself that’s making her appearing bigger than she really is.

and again, boots. i just want them to be sized down. One of the shoes I tried out makes my character looks like she’s like monsterious feet but teeny tiny ankles.

in Suggestions

Helenorz.2547

here’s an example

below has a picture of my level 24 ranger without clothes on, and a picture of her with a preview of t2 top/vigil bottom and legging. Notice the drastic size change. it makes no sense at all.

Attachments:

in Suggestions

Posted by: pluzoid.2597

pluzoid.2597

This might not help, but there are weapons and armour sets that are bought from heart karma vendors too, I got a nice one for my guardian but not sure about medium armours, still if you find a nice chest piece on a heart vendor, the rest of the armour will be on more heart vendors on the same area.

in Suggestions

Engels.8537

here’s an example

below has a picture of my level 24 ranger without clothes on, and a picture of her with a preview of t2 top/vigil bottom and legging. Notice the drastic size change. it makes no sense at all.

Aw, I totally thought about that combination months ago until I realized the T2 didn’t fit well :c

But don’t blame vigil pants! They are in my opinion one of the few nice pants available.

This is how my ranger looks like. I sometimes use the Whisper’s coat/dress and the Krytan top (the skimpy look :P) and vigil boots.
But that’s pretty much all the armor options I like.

Attachments:

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

I agree with the lack of alternatives for those of us who don’t like trench coats.

I would love to have the assassin and ranger obsidian armours added

in Suggestions

Helenorz.2547

This might not help, but there are weapons and armour sets that are bought from heart karma vendors too, I got a nice one for my guardian but not sure about medium armours, still if you find a nice chest piece on a heart vendor, the rest of the armour will be on more heart vendors on the same area.

I only used those combination as an example, but it’s a big slit that you can see the size difference between wearing something overly bulky and what your character actually looks like. I know there are plenty of options out there, but trust me, they’re more or less about the same in bulky-ness.

Aw, I totally thought about that combination months ago until I realized the T2 didn’t fit well :c

But don’t blame vigil pants! They are in my opinion one of the few nice pants available.

This is how my ranger looks like. I sometimes use the Whisper’s coat/dress and the Krytan top (the skimpy look :P) and vigil boots.
But that’s pretty much all the armor options I like.

Krytan top? isn’t that the Svanir top from HotW set? or does that top share another skin with another non-dungeon set? Funny thing is i’m actually working on TA to get those same gloves LOL!

in Suggestions

Engels.8537

Krytan top? isn’t that the Svanir top from HotW set? or does that top share another skin with another non-dungeon set? Funny thing is i’m actually working on TA to get those same gloves LOL!

The krytan top is from the Gem Store. I’m not on my computer right now to take a screen, but the chat code is: [&AgEnmQAA] Just copy paste ingame to preview it (if you do it from the Gem Store, you preview the whole set).

And yes, the top she’s wearing in the screen is the HoTW one. Most boring dungeon ever but I love that skin.

TA gloves are the best by far!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Quae.5431

Quae.5431

I prefer the duster / trench coat look on my Norn engi, but I abhor the fact that so many of the long coat skins make her look bulky and disproportionate. It’s so obnoxious to see a coat that looks nice and sleek on a human or sylvari and then pop it on my norn and it looks chunky as hell. There are skins that I think fit well and look decent, but they’re mostly lower level. So if i want something that shows I worked for it (“status” skins), I’m looking at a lot of ill-fitting coats that I don’t feel good putting time or gold into wearing. Thankfully, there are a few exceptions to the rule.

I am also not thrilled with the CoF “flaming hooters” skin. Is it a women’s lib thing? Is my norn burning her bra as they did in days of old? I may be in the minority here, but i’m not cool with my boobs being on fire. I’d be ok with the smaller flame pattern like the heavy armor has, I suppose. The most annoying part is that there’s another look for the medium CoF chest, but it’s not available for all races/genders. If you look at this, you can see that all of the males and 2 of the females (asura and charr) get the non-flaming-boobage armor skin. Sylvari, Human, and Norn females are stuck with what looks like a flaming bra. The inconsistency is bizarre; why don’t those 3 female sets have the same basic look as the rest of the medium CoF chest armor? Is it because all the males and Charr/Asura females don’t need bras (anatomically speaking)? Just … such a weird design choice…

http://www.gw2armor.com/sylvari/female/cof/medium/display.php

(edited by Quae.5431)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

I am also not thrilled with the CoF “flaming hooters” skin. Is it a women’s lib thing? Is my norn burning her bra as they did in days of old? I may be in the minority here, but i’m not cool with my boobs being on fire. I’d be ok with the smaller flame pattern like the heavy armor has, I suppose. The most annoying part is that there’s another look for the medium CoF chest, but it’s not available for all races/genders. If you look at this, you can see that all of the males and 2 of the females (asura and charr) get the non-flaming-boobage armor skin. Sylvari, Human, and Norn females are stuck with what looks like a flaming bra. The inconsistency is bizarre; why don’t those 3 female sets have the same basic look as the rest of the medium CoF chest armor? Is it because all the males and Charr/Asura females don’t need bras (anatomically speaking)? Just … such a weird design choice…

http://www.gw2armor.com/sylvari/female/cof/medium/display.php

It’s because Asura and Charr females use the same armor skins as males. This is the case with all their armor, and since their skeletons don’t have breasts to them, armor made for skeletons with breasts would look awkward.

Quick edit: Also, you might say that the females have it bad when it comes to medium armor, males have it even worse. The few non-trench coat armors females have are trench coats on males.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rubykuby.3427

Rubykuby.3427

As Tuomir said, this isn’t just an issue for females. One might argue that trenchcoats look better on males than they do on females (which I’ll disagree on, but each to their own), but males are currently limited entirely to trenchcoats, while females have some degree of minor variation that shows skin (inb4 this topic turns into the skimpy armour topic). Both have it extremely bad, though. I wouldn’t mind more medium armour variation at all. Medium professions need to be provided some gear that aren’t trenchcoats, and that’s pretty much all. Maybe some light chain armour, or gear akin to GW1’s assassins and rangers. The degree of ‘femininity’ mentioned in the thread I honestly couldn’t care about, so long as there’s variation in that degree.