very minor change that would help wvw

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

wvw is now more boring then ever. whoever has the biggest zerg wins. no skill, no anything else is required. just the absolute size of the zerg. most zerg vs zerg fights the server is lagging so bad you cant even get your skills to trigger 90% of the time.

this could be fixed with a simple fix.

the more people of a server over a set number you have in a certain area, the greater the debuff they are subject to.
example:

max people before debuff : 20

2% debuff (to each person in the area) for each person over that 20 person limit

area: 1000 square meters

many haters may dislike this idea but in the end a simple fix like this will help wvw in the long run

im not talking about eliminating zerging. im talking about putting extremely MINOR changes to help improve the gameplay (less lag, etc…). implementing my suggestion would not discourage zerging, and would not even eliminate the possibility of having a 50+ person zerg, but it would go a long way to improving the playability of wvw.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

Well, it’s a bad idea for starters.

But let me ask a few questions:

1. Why 20? If you ask me, 20 is plenty of a zerg.
  2. Why 2%?
  3. How would it be counted? Are we talking 20 people total? 20 on one side? 20 only if it’s in a squad? That is, would the debuff be in effect if you had a 20v20 battle?
  4. What exactly does the debuff do? Lower damage? Lower armor? Lower every stat?
  5. What would happen when there’s 70 people? Would everyone’s stats get reduced to 0? In the same fashion, what would happen when there’s 71 people and the reduction is over 100%? Everyone just falls dead on the ground because they have <0 hp?

Now for the reasons it’s a bad change:

1. Commander manuals allow for massive squads. Nerfing massive squads when it takes an investment of 100 gold to make one in the first place isn’t going to work.
  2. The soft cap isn’t going to stop people from grouping up. If you make the cap and its properties known like that, it’s easy to calculate exactly how large your group can be. For example, your 2% debuff means that we just have to solve the equation (20+x)(1-0.02x) < 20, which gives you x = 30. So it would mean that only once you have more than 50 people, it would be worse for you to have any more.
  3. Even if all the groups would be just 20 in size, if you have resources of 200 people, that means 10 such groups to go to different places, rather than all 200 going to one place. Or you could even have reserve groups waiting to fill in people once they die.

in Suggestions

Zero Requiem.5908

maybe you like being UNABLE to use skills or anything else during 50+ vs 50+ zerg fights, but I don’t, and im guessing the vast majority of players don’t either, if all the complaints in chat during these fights are any indication.

\
the example was just that. AN EXAMPLE. not set in stone, not anything that could not be changed, just numbers I came up with off the top of my head to use to help explain the suggestion.

if all you are going to do is TROLL, I would ask that you please do not reply to my posts. If you had constructive criticism, or suggestions on how to improve my post please post those, otherwise just leave me alone troll

in Suggestions

Olba.5376

maybe you like being UNABLE to use skills or anything else during 50+ vs 50+ zerg fights, but I don’t, and im guessing the vast majority of players don’t either, if all the complaints in chat during these fights are any indication.

Well I dunno about you, but the only time I experienced significant “lag” was when I was dumb enough to participate in an assault of Stonemist while running maxed graphics.

if all you are going to do is TROLL, I would ask that you please do not reply to my posts. If you had constructive criticism, or suggestions on how to improve my post please post those, otherwise just leave me alone troll

Excuse me, but even if we disregard my questions about your specific numbers, you have not addressed the other issues I raised.

It’s not very nice of you to call someone a troll just because they point out that your suggestion isn’t flawless.

in Suggestions

Zero Requiem.5908

other than your 1 point about commander tags your entire post was all about my numbers. my numbrs had nothing to do with anything, except as an example. therefore. troll

my entire post was just a SUGGESTION to help fix the EXTREAME lag suffered in huge zerg vs zerg battles

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please refrain from engaging in personal wars. For us to forward threads to the team we need them to have a contructive discussion. It is OK to discuss but in a friendly tone.

Thanks for your understanding.

in Suggestions

Olba.5376

other than your 1 point about commander tags your entire post was all about my numbers. my numbrs had nothing to do with anything, except as an example. therefore. troll

I also asked the following:

• Clarify exactly what the debuff does
  • Clarify how the debuff would function at limit values

Both of these are crucial to understanding exactly how you’re picturing this debuff working.

I also pointed out that it’s not going to achieve the result that you think it will. The big, unorganized groups won’t stop even if you put in some soft cap. The big, organized groups will be using strategies like spreading their people to multiple locations or having others stand by at the nearest location that is outside the debuff limits waiting for people to die so they can be replaced.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I made a long post about this a while back right after the latest patch went live. The problem is the incentive to zerg, which is enforced by the fact that you gain WXP the fastest via zerging and capping points the quickest. Right now I’m running havoc almost all day in WvW and see my rank slipping behind most others simply because I’m not conforming to the zerg. They do have the technology to determine the amount of players around as well. That’s how dynamic event scaling works, so certain posters in this thread should look at other examples in the game where this is implemented.

In response to Olba, nobody uses the squad function of commanders. On a daily basis I can have an 80-man zerg behind me and check /squadinfo and only have 6 people in my squad, even if I tell the zerg to join my squad. The changes would do nothing to commanders.

(edited by Viking Jorun.5413)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Elitejelly.7462

Elitejelly.7462

whoever has the biggest zerg wins. no skill, no anything else is required. just the absolute size of the zerg.

Not true. Skill does play a big part, because i was running with maybe 10 people taking out 30+ zergs…

IM SO HYPED FOR HOT I CAN FLIP A TABLE.
(/o_o)/ |_|
hype over.