vista artwork

vista artwork

in Suggestions

Posted by: Cyto.9401

Cyto.9401

Vistas are the best thing ever to get into an mmo, art wise.

You all probably know, when you view a vista you get this camera that moves trough the landscape, and it usually ends in a spectacular view of the area you are in.
I believe (guessing) that the end of the vista view was what the concept artist made for the 3D artist to make into a part of the area. This would be a painting with all the elements of that particular part of the map.

My suggestion is, that when the vista ends (in stead of the screen just going white) the screen fades into the art piece the concept artist made. So you can see the area like it was when it was still a painting. This might seem a little bit to artsy for most players though.
Although i find this game very pretty, almost everything in game (except for the paintings hanging from the walls, loading screens and the cut-scenes background of course) are all texture artist and 3D modelers art, and not concept art. I also have no idea how hard this would be code wise, or how the 3D camera shot should transit into the painting.

anyway, i found the concept art i did see from GW2 good enough for me to see more (aka it must be high quality stuff OR i am easy to impress) so i would like for this to be implemented in the game.

thanks for reading!
-Cyto..