weapons: what is gw2 missing

in Suggestions

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

Spears. 2h long spears and 1h hunting spears. I’ve been trying to get my Guardian done up like a greek hoplite in golden armor since the beginning. It’s all hopeless without a good spear though. Maybe when Elona is released, the spear will reappear.

Hoplites would be ineffective without a tight formation!

Whip / chain

Urumi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMAsCuDFSUI

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

(edited by Meryt.9823)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Dwolf.4358

Dwolf.4358

I would like the option to use a spear and a Halberd, Guantlet’s sound good since we did have brass knuckles in Eye’s of North when it came out. Including a lot of other Oriental themed weaponry, I mean we had that in Factions, though I like to think that when the Dev team reopens Canthan at a later date we’ll probably have access to those things again. I would like to see Melee type fighting staffs for War’s, Rng’s, and Guardians. Mystic/Steam/Nature powered Miniguns for Engineers as a Kit, or even a Bazooka style type, heck why not, give’m more bang for the buck.

Why not go for broke and add Sharks with Frick’n lasers on their heads for Rangers. I would like to see Crossbows for Ranger’s since they can’t use rifles for some strange reason. Maybe add a few more Ranger pets like a Griffon or some such.

There is a world of weapons they can look to, never hurts to suggest so they get ideas.

Ritgar: Holly, it’s a Warthog.
Holly Riverwind: Yes! Adorable isn’t he?
Holly Riverwind: The Enemy shall FEAR THE BACON!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Cannons for the engineers :L

in Suggestions

Posted by: MatyrGustav.6210

MatyrGustav.6210

I only play ranged Builds and would love to see more Ranged weapons be added. Here are a few of my ideas, let me know what you think. I also added melee weapon ideas as well.

Short Barrel Shotgun – this weapon.would be very short.range with a cone shape attack.

Crossbows – this weapon can be a slow shooting but strong weapon long range

weapon that does more damage afar and less damage up close.

Whips – Could be a mid/close range weapon with AOE attacks that’s around you.

Ammo – this should only be equipped on the sub slot, its basically used to be paired with on handed ranged weapons. If your using a pistol/fire ammo the last 2 skills would be fire based. Having this would allow 1h weapons to be viable on its own.

Cosmetic Quivers – this should be allowed just like the plush dolls.

Lancets – Spears that can bee used on land. Single target damge with piercing long
range movement attacks.

Knuckles/Claws – close range with alot of good combos.

Katana 1h – quick attack flurries.

Dai Katana 2h – magical cursed blade with conditions or boons on attack usice spirits.

Grips – this can only be equipped on the off hand slot for melee weapons. This will
add the last 2 abilities so 1h melee weapons can be viable on its own.

Melee Scythes – slow strong 1 strike attack with some magical melee attacks

(edited by MatyrGustav.6210)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

Pistol crossbow for theif maybe? a 1 handed silent bolt launcher seems like their style

Volley gun as an engineer turret/kit http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/MG/I/img/MG-1-033-6.jpg

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Pistol crossbow for theif maybe? a 1 handed silent bolt launcher seems like their style

Volley gun as an engineer turret/kit http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/ref/MG/I/img/MG-1-033-6.jpg

that would be a great addition as it could be used either as an AoE turret or high rate of fire like channeling skills. or both actually making the overload shot be the AoE with a long cooldown on both fire modes as drawback.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Altariel.4610

Altariel.4610

Spears. 2h long spears and 1h hunting spears. I’ve been trying to get my Guardian done up like a greek hoplite in golden armor since the beginning. It’s all hopeless without a good spear though. Maybe when Elona is released, the spear will reappear.

Hoplites would be ineffective without a tight formation!

Whip / chain

Urumi?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMAsCuDFSUI

Omg Urumi is epic moviment too, and ca be used with shield :P
But i prefer moviment like Andromeda Chain look:

like it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cs3F6e-lJk

I really want whip/chain My preferred weapons :P

Attachments:

(edited by Altariel.4610)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

I know its been suggested, but I would kill for a boomerang…. suits my thief soo much better but maybe it would suit a “trick” utility skill rather than a dedicated off-hand.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: Massic.1639

Massic.1639

Polearms (Halberd, Voulge, Spear, Scythes, etc)
Hand to Hand (Katar, Tiger Claws etc)
Great Axes
Crossbows
Throwing weapons

(edited by Massic.1639)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Sinistral.5782

Sinistral.5782

Halberd for guardians

in Suggestions

Posted by: BetraydMicrobe.3892

BetraydMicrobe.3892

Chackrams would be so epic! I remember how awsome they were in Kingdoms of Amalur. Battleaxe and spear/polearm would also be welcome additions.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Letifer.4360

Letifer.4360

Panteras /15char

Dual wield Panteras for Ranger.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Toxyn.9608

Toxyn.9608

I think you nailed it with Gauntlets, OP. they could function as an offensive-based medium to long range weapon as an Elementalist. I would ask for no other weapon!

The only problem is the issue with them conflicting with our armor’s gloves This could of course be remedied by allowing both gloves and gauntlets to be hidden. This would give gauntlets users the choice of using their weapon skins, glove skin, or even bare hands.

My new Top expansion request!

“The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy.”

Antonius Duarte – Elementalist – Kaineng

(edited by Toxyn.9608)

in Suggestions

Posted by: darkar necrosphere.1328

darkar necrosphere.1328

All i want is more weapon skills in general, the guardian and warrior may have a wide variety to pick from but the engineer and elementalist are pretty set into what they can use. Theres obviously too few choices when finding diversity in weapons is like finding a white kid in an inner city school.

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Katar & kamas for theifs

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Don’t expect Halberds or their brother the Scythe to be coming back. They hated so much in the first game and expressed their discontent with programming it, saying it won’t come back.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

Pole Arm, Great Axe, Orb, Battle Staff, Crossbow, Sling, Javelin, Fist weapons, Chakram, Throwing Weapons, Bladed armor, whips

I want engis to have Hammers and maces that they can use…
We seriously need tons more skins too…

(edited by Rump Buffalo.2594)

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

I know its been suggested, but I would kill for a boomerang…. suits my thief soo much better but maybe it would suit a “trick” utility skill rather than a dedicated off-hand.

Ah but that’s the point of this thread if it’s already been said keep brining it up.
Anet needs to know what players want so.don’t feel bad.bout saying a weapon some one else already mentioned.
Glad to see every one.keeps.coming up with new ideas.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

- Uzi’s and automated pistols
- Mounted machine guns
- machine guns
- sniper rifles

in Suggestions

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

1.Crossbow
2.Wand
3.Gauntlet
4.Two hand Axe
5.Whip
7.Polearm
8.Sling

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

in Suggestions

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Flatbow, lightweight long range bow. Its a cross between Lb and SB. Fast projectile speed, I wana say low arch but I think gw1 had it as a high arc travel path, long range, moderate dmg (less than lb). Attack speed would be like sb for thief. Could make this weapon for thief anyways, give them this or Xbow as a 1000 range weapon and I’m sure ranger wouldn’t mind this.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Suggestions

Posted by: alamore.1974

alamore.1974

Long time no see forums
Bump for old times sake any and every one post any new weapons you want to see added to game?!

in Suggestions

Posted by: Argil.3187

Argil.3187

Another bump for this important topic!
My short list would be:
•Short spear/pillum to use w/shild
•2h spear
•2h axe – (Gods, all Norns dream of it!)

in Suggestions

Posted by: raseloc.6932

raseloc.6932

Suggestions:
2 hand.…………………….1 hand
Spear………………………..Spear
Great Axe………………….Javalin
Scythe………………………Sai
Pole Axe/ Halberd……….Parasol
Crossbow…………………..Sickle
Great Mace…………………Fist Weapons- claws, brass nuckles