what if meta events varied every time

in Suggestions

Posted by: My Dead Characters.9517

My Dead Characters.9517

what if there was different events that could happen in those big meta events, each with a different boss? it would add a lot fo variation to those events. also, for those people that like to hunt for skins, they could introduce new skins tied to those new bosses. of course, how to introduce this could be living stories, if they started more of these at once it would be good.

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe
Leader of legends of traumatic stuff[LoTs]

in Suggestions

My Dead Characters.9517

it would be kind of like the paths for dungeons except it would be up to chance, instead of player choice. some of the events could be more rare to occur than others, or they could be determined by the other events on the map being done or not. fights like the dragon fights and shadow behemoth and destroyer need vareity in my opinion, would help keep the game alive

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe

in Suggestions

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Well variety requires more time and effort. For game developers it’s a bit of a hard sell, as contents requires a lot of time to produce you’d also want to maximise the exposure of that content i.e. you’d want a lot of players be able to experience it. Also one can argue that the more variety they attempt to put in it to more buggy and unpolished the overall experience will be.

But in principle I do agree with you, and would like nothing more than ANet to be able to produce more and varied content.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avatar.1923

definitely, having the events boringly set on predictable timers is boring.

randomization and “rareness” of those events would spice
things up.

having them on “farm mode” puts them out of the epic category into the slot machine category.
which is kinda failed…

imo; slightly up the precursor chance but put these events on random, with less respawn, only a few random appearances a day max.
then if one spawn and its found guild chat or map chat will get busy in a spicy way!

and put the farmers ELSEWHERE.
give them a mini dungeon with one room and mob
coming out of a closet non-stop.
thats all they want anyway.

in Suggestions

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Would be nice to have events be different, or have event chain results elsewhere affect meta events etc.

I think the system supports it, so I hope in the future the events will become even richer. This last patch added lots of events that really added to the life in the world. More the merrier

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Suggestions

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

definitely, having the events boringly set on predictable timers is boring.

randomization and “rareness” of those events would spice
things up.

having them on “farm mode” puts them out of the epic category into the slot machine category.
which is kinda failed…

imo; slightly up the precursor chance but put these events on random, with less respawn, only a few random appearances a day max.
then if one spawn and its found guild chat or map chat will get busy in a spicy way!

and put the farmers ELSEWHERE.
give them a mini dungeon with one room and mob
coming out of a closet non-stop.
thats all they want anyway.

Ever since they nerfed shelt/pent, farmers lost their last and only farming spot. I tried farming there one time, it wasn’t pleasant anymore.

Also, we have enough people trolling our timers to “randomize” the events, in a terrible bad way.

Lastly, I wouldn’t say no to the last suggestion. Remember the bugged event at CS?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Avatar.1923

the new farming spot is the world event.
not much better imo.

farmers arent good for the future of an mmo.

need to find mechanic to discourage that while still rewarding player who are online 12h a day.
challenge challenge

in Suggestions

My Dead Characters.9517

back to the original question, do you think that world events should vary if they can work the bugs out?

Commander Legends of Woe
fissure of woe